ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current job market in the UK..!!!!!!!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aman

Post by aman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:02 pm

maheshnair wrote:
aman wrote:
maheshnair wrote:
coolsats wrote: All big indian companies have already eaten and moved many jobs to India .

It is not the UK job market that is a problem , it is these companies who are creating hell .

I lost my first job as a contractor when one of the Big indian companies came in and offered a rate of a beggar(1/4th) and also buy 1 take 1 resource free etc .

Almost 250 localites lost job from that company because of this Indian company .

They moved whole IT to india and made 250 guys jobless .

Recently the UK company is hiring back contractors as the Indian guys screwed things up and they lost millions of pounds ...
:D :D
WOW!!.. you seem to have achieved the ubiquitous NRI status: Naturally Roundu(cribber) Indian.
Time for a bitter truth for you Mr nair. You have pricked me enough :-)

First things first. The very reason many came over here was because there were these Indian companies which had hired them and gave them the necessary experience in my view and the necessary "qualifying money" in your view.

The core lies in creating value, where ever you are who ever you are, indian or NRI(inspite of the cribbing!) or American, Brit etc..

True there are a lot of low quality high quantity pitch thrown about (and thats needed as well), but you got to be blind to not see less but sureely high quality stuff coming out o India. The pay obviously for such professionals is not trivial and that my friend is flat economy for you.
Now I can compare many top notch Indians/others here or home with you and tell you what triviality you have achieved in your life. Let me just say wake up and realize that if its just because you happen to be here you HAVE money or you are creating worth thats why you MAKE money.

What you are saying is of the same league as saying since you are Indian/Nair/NRI/sarkari you should get the job. Well if folks in UK did that I am sure we(including them) will be back in medieval times. Move on Mahesh . If you have these cretches(being here/ localite/ as a reason to getting a job) you will always limp . Collaborate and Seek ladders like the UK economy..thats what the smart ,value seeking guys devised for you..free markets...to grow your value and theirs too not at your or their or anybody's expense but definitely having competition. Live it up or keep cribbing the choice is yours.

Allright now something for this thread:
As folks have mentioned here, the jobs are there for the specific skills. As an example a friend of mine has worked as embedded engineer. His contract got over and he went back to India for a while and came bac. It took him a month to get a job. There were not many calls he had. Now the job he got was in Set top box company. He had prior experience in that No other embedded software company approached him like mobile phones/Cars/ other
So in a nutshell. My 2 cents: Seek the specific companies that do the stuff that you think you have specialized in. Else might be good to invest in yourself and become skilled at present job/expand and explore oppurtunities there till economy picks up .or could go for higher degree if you can afford the time and money.

Mr Aman ,

"First things first. The very reason many came over here was because there were these Indian companies which had hired them and gave them the necessary experience in my view and the necessary "qualifying money" in your view. "
Dont assume things son .

I came here in student VISA spending lakhs and was then hired by a UK company . My fist Job was with a UK company .

Again i say these INDIAN companies are the biggest reasons why Localites loose Job .

Just if you throw away the first three Big indian companies from UK .
Localites will get thousands of jobs .....

They come here , say the client that they will move job to India and will quote a rate like 100 £ / 120 £ and say they will give 10 free resources etc and Push the whole project to India and thus spoils the Life of a UK guy who will go jobless and stand on roads begging .....

Take some time to digest what I said.
I will try rephrase this for your case.
Why did the localites have those jobs in the first place?
Because of merit or because they were local.
you spend lakhs to get merit or to get the local status?
imagine what a corporation would be reduced to if merit was thrown out and obscure criteria like local/caste/parents influence became the norm. Does sifaarish/donation ring a bell!. There will be no google or microsoft only the jobs that are given as alms. You will eventually be reduced to a beggar.
As for the degree you got paying lakhs, well there are many in India who got through into top colleges in India and studied almost for free. Lots of others pay heavy fees to go privately and then seek excellence at work,
accepting merit as standard.
They are the ones why Indian professionals are being recognized.
Not because someones oldie stashed cash(mostly immorally) and thought they could buy degree and be equal to others.

Now this case of jobs going India. Well if people there make false calims to win buisness, how long do you think they will go. well as you say the flase calim will get them flat on face and they get busted. they get what they deserve. But on the other hand if there is a smart company in India that does an admirable job than people here well they win and hats off. You just weren't good enough. Take it as it really is and improvise.

You are okay to be a slave here to be a master in India. Well pal the Neo Indian professional and the real folks who matter in west would really shove that up.., cause they have earned it.

Look the reason at times for such conflict is because sadly we see slavery in India and keep condoning it..(We got to stop pushing things under carpet even if we can't do anything about it now or later.. Denying like false claims will only make you a worse being. ) From the sweepers child to your uncle in village's son fighting unequal oppurtunities. You start devaluing merit and start giving pre-eminence to luck/special status. You approve the slave master relation. The best bit you could learn here and more so in America is not being a localite, but valuing merit above anything else. Every syetem has pros and cons, try take the pros.. sadly for you from India inspite of the loads of rare pros you seem to have taken the cons.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm

I think people are wasting their time on this post... this is intended to help/update people on the current job market in UK.. please stop this blame game... and concentrate on the real issue....

And for people who think T1 makes you Brit... you are wrong..

(no offence please...)

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 pm

aman wrote:
maheshnair wrote:
aman wrote:
maheshnair wrote:
WOW!!.. you seem to have achieved the ubiquitous NRI status: Naturally Roundu(cribber) Indian.
Time for a bitter truth for you Mr nair. You have pricked me enough :-)

First things first. The very reason many came over here was because there were these Indian companies which had hired them and gave them the necessary experience in my view and the necessary "qualifying money" in your view.

The core lies in creating value, where ever you are who ever you are, indian or NRI(inspite of the cribbing!) or American, Brit etc..

True there are a lot of low quality high quantity pitch thrown about (and thats needed as well), but you got to be blind to not see less but sureely high quality stuff coming out o India. The pay obviously for such professionals is not trivial and that my friend is flat economy for you.
Now I can compare many top notch Indians/others here or home with you and tell you what triviality you have achieved in your life. Let me just say wake up and realize that if its just because you happen to be here you HAVE money or you are creating worth thats why you MAKE money.

What you are saying is of the same league as saying since you are Indian/Nair/NRI/sarkari you should get the job. Well if folks in UK did that I am sure we(including them) will be back in medieval times. Move on Mahesh . If you have these cretches(being here/ localite/ as a reason to getting a job) you will always limp . Collaborate and Seek ladders like the UK economy..thats what the smart ,value seeking guys devised for you..free markets...to grow your value and theirs too not at your or their or anybody's expense but definitely having competition. Live it up or keep cribbing the choice is yours.

Allright now something for this thread:
As folks have mentioned here, the jobs are there for the specific skills. As an example a friend of mine has worked as embedded engineer. His contract got over and he went back to India for a while and came bac. It took him a month to get a job. There were not many calls he had. Now the job he got was in Set top box company. He had prior experience in that No other embedded software company approached him like mobile phones/Cars/ other
So in a nutshell. My 2 cents: Seek the specific companies that do the stuff that you think you have specialized in. Else might be good to invest in yourself and become skilled at present job/expand and explore oppurtunities there till economy picks up .or could go for higher degree if you can afford the time and money.

Mr Aman ,

"First things first. The very reason many came over here was because there were these Indian companies which had hired them and gave them the necessary experience in my view and the necessary "qualifying money" in your view. "
Dont assume things son .

I came here in student VISA spending lakhs and was then hired by a UK company . My fist Job was with a UK company .

Again i say these INDIAN companies are the biggest reasons why Localites loose Job .

Just if you throw away the first three Big indian companies from UK .
Localites will get thousands of jobs .....

They come here , say the client that they will move job to India and will quote a rate like 100 £ / 120 £ and say they will give 10 free resources etc and Push the whole project to India and thus spoils the Life of a UK guy who will go jobless and stand on roads begging .....

Take some time to digest what I said.
I will try rephrase this for your case.
Why did the localites have those jobs in the first place?
Because of merit or because they were local.
you spend lakhs to get merit or to get the local status?
imagine what a corporation would be reduced to if merit was thrown out and obscure criteria like local/caste/parents influence became the norm. Does sifaarish/donation ring a bell!. There will be no google or microsoft only the jobs that are given as alms. You will eventually be reduced to a beggar.
As for the degree you got paying lakhs, well there are many in India who got through into top colleges in India and studied almost for free. Lots of others pay heavy fees to go privately and then seek excellence at work,
accepting merit as standard.
They are the ones why Indian professionals are being recognized.
Not because someones oldie stashed cash(mostly immorally) and thought they could buy degree and be equal to others.

Now this case of jobs going India. Well if people there make false calims to win buisness, how long do you think they will go. well as you say the flase calim will get them flat on face and they get busted. they get what they deserve. But on the other hand if there is a smart company in India that does an admirable job than people here well they win and hats off. You just weren't good enough. Take it as it really is and improvise.

You are okay to be a slave here to be a master in India. Well pal the Neo Indian professional and the real folks who matter in west would really shove that up.., cause they have earned it.

Look the reason at times for such conflict is because sadly we see slavery in India and keep condoning it..(We got to stop pushing things under carpet even if we can't do anything about it now or later.. Denying like false claims will only make you a worse being. ) From the sweepers child to your uncle in village's son fighting unequal oppurtunities. You start devaluing merit and start giving pre-eminence to luck/special status. You approve the slave master relation. The best bit you could learn here and more so in America is not being a localite, but valuing merit above anything else. Every syetem has pros and cons, try take the pros.. sadly for you from India inspite of the loads of rare pros you seem to have taken the cons.
Ok Mr Aman , this is a forum or subject is on TIER 1 holders looking for Job in UK and the issues related to that .

Not for somebody who is searching job in india . Looks like you are looking job in chennai or srinagar or kamathipura ?

By the way what is ur problem ? Go breathe some fresh air and come .

I know you are a true indian who has lots of brains and work hard etc etc . I accept son . I also accept i have no brains ..All accepted son . I also accept i am a fool to come to UK ....Happy son .

But what i dont understand is
what are you doing in Tier1 forum ?
They wont advertise jobs for india here please ...

We are disucssing issues faced by tier1 guys and not localites ...

aman

Post by aman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:36 pm

The post was also for folks who would give up good jobs in India/elsewhere to come here.
Apologies for sending 2 replies, (the web page showed error hence did a resend) and for absolutely nothing else.
Any reasonable person would think on those lines. I gave my 2cents and IMHO it is part of the whole thing.
What had to be said has been said. Period.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm

aman wrote:The post was also for folks who would give up good jobs in India/elsewhere to come here.
Apologies for sending 2 replies, (the web page showed error hence did a resend) and for absolutely nothing else.
Any reasonable person would think on those lines. I gave my 2cents and IMHO it is part of the whole thing.
What had to be said has been said. Period.
"The post was also for folks who would give up good jobs in India/elsewhere to come here. "

That is what i am saying . When the BIG indian companies are taking jobs to INDIA , the biggest Risk of the indians planning to come here on tier1 is these Indian companies and nobody else .

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 pm

@MAheshnair.
NO..MY TIER 1 is not rejected...Why do u think so??Feel sorry for u!!!!
If you want to argue, put some valid point..Dont stoop to these low levels and make personal attacks...

karupalli

job goes to talent

Post by karupalli » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello Maheshnair,

Why are you distracting the thread? Just stick to Job markets.. not to blame others...

I think you are settled here like citizen and think rest of the world is slaves and no intelligent...

Now a days Job goes to wherever the talent is... If your company got screwed up by offshore company, that doesn't mean that every company get screwed. Your company should hire some intelligent people to make offshore model work. My company offshored to Spain and got fantastic results and so much cost saving. Think why TCS/nfosys has 50,000 employees now?

If localite is sitting at his council home and waiting for the council man to throw bread inside, then what local companies can do?

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: job goes to talent

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 pm

[quote="karupalli"]Hello Maheshnair,

Why are you distracting the thread? Just stick to Job markets.. not to blame others...

I think you are settled here like citizen and think rest of the world is slaves and no intelligent...

Now a days Job goes to wherever the talent is... If your company got screwed up by offshore company, that doesn't mean that every company get screwed. Your company should hire some intelligent people to make offshore model work. My company offshored to Spain and got fantastic results and so much cost saving. Think why TCS/nfosys has 50,000 employees now?

Common man people get Tier1 to come out of TCS/infosys and work independently ....

So you mean you got TIER1 to join TCS and work in india .

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm

ashishashah wrote:@MAheshnair.
NO..MY TIER 1 is not rejected...Why do u think so??Feel sorry for u!!!!
If you want to argue, put some valid point..Dont stoop to these low levels and make personal attacks...
So you are having TIER1 and want to work in India and support the Big indian companies . Am not sure why you got tier1 for . To stay in india and work ?

Double
Newly Registered

Post by Double » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:51 pm

What are these big Indian companies? Excuse my ignorance, I just can't think of any here and wanted an idea of the context you write.

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 pm

hi Mahesh/Aman,

I was closely following the thread to find out how the market is since I have many frends who have recently lost jobs or migrated to the
UK and I was trying my bit to help them.

But now that we have started a different discussion, let me tell you where I stand..

Mahesh, I think your acute sensitivity to criticism is failing you in helping to understand the point Aman is trying to put forward...
Also you of all should know ( since you have already turned NRI ) that political correctness is first thing british you learn when you migrate..using words such as beggars wont emphasize ur point but rather degrade the value of your argument....

That you have spent lakhs of rupees and got a degree from a uni in here and now you see someone coming from india and having the same job as you is perhaps something you are finding hard to digest, or it could be the fact that most company are using off shore resourcing...mate you should know that outsourcing is the fact of real world and it always was...when you take up an IT job you basically sign an agreement to survive...
stop criticising someone who has immense knowledge and comes to UK to try his luck...Grow up..

I dont mean to offend you but i think you need a reality check and be more broad minded in ur thinking...

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:11 pm

golu wrote:hi Mahesh/Aman,

I was closely following the thread to find out how the market is since I have many frends who have recently lost jobs or migrated to the
UK and I was trying my bit to help them.

But now that we have started a different discussion, let me tell you where I stand..

Mahesh, I think your acute sensitivity to criticism is failing you in helping to understand the point Aman is trying to put forward...
Also you of all should know ( since you have already turned NRI ) that political correctness is first thing british you learn when you migrate..using words such as beggars wont emphasize ur point but rather degrade the value of your argument....

That you have spent lakhs of rupees and got a degree from a uni in here and now you see someone coming from india and having the same job as you is perhaps something you are finding hard to digest, or it could be the fact that most company are using off shore resourcing...mate you should know that outsourcing is the fact of real world and it always was...when you take up an IT job you basically sign an agreement to survive...
stop criticising someone who has immense knowledge and comes to UK to try his luck...Grow up..

I dont mean to offend you but i think you need a reality check and be more broad minded in ur thinking...
Arre friend ,

Dont mistake me .
Please note i did not call any individual a BEGGAR , I was telling that the INDIAN companies lures the client in UK by offereing a beggars rate .
what i meant is when you come and say you need 200 £ , they will quote 10 £ . You got what i meant .... and you are out ...

And also note what i am telling you guys .
I am not against any Indian brother coming to uK ...

I am against these Big companies taking jobs from UK to India .

You guys are trying hard to get TIER1 and what is the use if these companies eats up all jobs in UK .

I just wanted to convey that offshoring is the biggest risks for TIER1 guys like you ..

golu

Post by golu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm

my call for political correctness was not based on the assumption that you called an individual beggar but was rather more based on usage of that word, no matter in what context you used...

I will not get into this argument, but it was really nice to know your views... it just happens that i had a mate of your namesake in Middlesex university, I hope you are not Mahesh Nair - Middlesex uni 2004 batch...

karupalli

Post by karupalli » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 am

Offshoring is there from long time... Its not recent thing. If you go to tesco buy a toothbrush made from china, dont you know that "making of toothbrush" job moved to china long time back?

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 am

karupalli wrote:Offshoring is there from long time... Its not recent thing. If you go to tesco buy a toothbrush made from china, dont you know that "making of toothbrush" job moved to china long time back?
ohooo is it ...ohohoo

karupalli

Post by karupalli » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 am

Mahesh...As I understand that you lost your job because of offshoring.. Not only you .. lot of other people too.... Because of the credit crunch, lot more companies are offshoring the projects which is making the job market worse here. If I were the new person coming to UK in search of job, i would definetly postpone that.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

karupalli wrote:Mahesh...As I understand that you lost your job because of offshoring.. Not only you .. lot of other people too.... Because of the credit crunch, lot more companies are offshoring the projects which is making the job market worse here. If I were the new person coming to UK in search of job, i would definetly postpone that.
Karupalli , Not exactly . I am on contract till year end .
Dont discourage people ....
Jobs are still there if you can keep your head out of the water . What i mean is if you have the correct skills and capacity .... definitely it is not a good idea if your skills just match that of an ordinary It guys who will be available easily in TCS etc .

I mean u need to definitely be Highly skilled and stand ahead of normals .....and client should feel that your job cannot be done by a person sitting offshore ....

karupalli

Post by karupalli » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm

hmmm.. Not discouraging.. but people have to be ready for the reality. For new comers, it is better to wait for some time to see if the market improves. Getting HSMP means the person already have a better JOB at home. Why leave better job at home, come here and struggle? What is so great in doing job in UK and not in home country?

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Mahesh,

I have sent a private message to you, kindly check and respond if you can help anyway.

Regards,
Suresh

hello_moderator
BANNED

Re: Current job market in the UK..!!!!!!!!

Post by hello_moderator » Tue May 12, 2009 5:30 pm

coolsats wrote:Hi friends,

One of my friend who came back from the uk the day before says that the current job market is totally sick. there are just no jobs, and the government cutting down on the foreign workers. Is this true.
In today s scenario how difficult it is to secure a job. Please give your comments people....
Kindly let us know the current market, so that we can think before we leave for London, and spend our hard earned money....

Regards,
Rajbir
Yes market is very very bad coolsats .
I suggest u stay in India for another 1 year