ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

tom4 wrote:Oh dear!!

It looks like some IDIOT has sabotaged the spreadsheet!!

They have deleted quite a lot of entries from the "Citizenship Applications" page and made a rubbish entry in the first line. They have entered their country as... ireland.

The "Residency Stamps" data has also been deleted.
Hey,

Did anyone get the backup of the data from the spreadsheet ? I'm backing it up now... whatever has left :(
looks like we lost half of the data ... could everybody enter the details from beginning please?

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

regards,
A_I

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Can I suggest that maybe we use the existing spreadsheet to enter our data and then someone (scrudu?) can transfer it regularly to another read only spreadsheet that only he/she can write to but we can all read??

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 pm

deleted - post duplicated - looks like the board is having software problems.

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:24 pm

tom4 wrote:Oh dear!!

It looks like some IDIOT has sabotaged the spreadsheet!!

They have deleted quite a lot of entries from the "Citizenship Applications" page and made a rubbish entry in the first line. They have entered their country as... ireland.

The "Residency Stamps" data has also been deleted.
Editgrid takes snapshot after every entry. i just updated it with the last known good version.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 am

To all again....

What do they mean by a 'certified copy' of your marriage certificate. Do I need to get the Gardai to sign at the back or...??

thanks

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:29 am

NearlyIrish wrote:To all again....

What do they mean by a 'certified copy' of your marriage certificate. Do I need to get the Gardai to sign at the back or...??

thanks
you should get marriage affidevit document filled and sign in front of solicitors or commissioners of oaths.
if you already have a original marriage affidevit, then get a photocopy and get it certified by solicitors or commissioners of oaths.
I think gardai are not certifying it anymore.
Always keep a copy of it when you are sending to Dept of Justice.

BDSK

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 am

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Any brave Tuesday Callers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any new update?

Regards
Tiggs

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi guys

rang today and it seems it is a good tuesday,
She took my number and said "YES" you got it and its in outgoing mail box for the post,
I asked here when can i receive it, she said it is post,
so good news and relieved, :D :D :D :D

My details:
12 Jan2006 :Applied:
26 January 2006 :Acknowledgement:
23 March 2006 :Got another acknowledge:
12 July 2007 :Was asked to submit tax clearance
24 July 2007 :Got acknowledge for the tax clearance
15 Oct 2008 : Was asked to submit birth cert and marriage affidavit
27 Oct 2008 : sent affidavit of birthcert and marriage cert
30 Oct 2008 : Received acknowledgement of birth cert and marriage
12 Nov 2008 : got another letter that marriage cert is not detailed enough and asked to send it again.
25 Nov 2008 : sent the marriage cert again
28 Nov 2008 : got acknowledge of the above marriage cert
xx Dec 2008 : rang to know the status "for Garda clearance"
xx Jan 2009 : Garda Clearance
xx Feb 2009 : Gone to minster for decision
31 March 2009 : rang office today and was told that it is approved and in post to my house
so waiting for the post
===========================================
spouse application

12 Jan 2006: Applied
26 Jan 2006: Received first acknowledge, reference number assigned
23 Mar 2006: Received acknowledge for some document i dont remember
10 Jun 2006: Received rejection letter as applied 5 months early
10 Aug 2006: applied again
31 Aug 2006: Received acknowledgement, new reference number assigned
13 Dec 2006: Received acknowledge on chronological order
01 Oct 2008: was asked to submit P21, salary slip, 3 month bank statement & birth and marriage cert
27 Oct 2008: sent papers by ordinary mail but got misplaced
12 Feb 2009 : got a letter to send the birth cert and other papers again
16 Mar 2009 : Got a letter that they are now in position to submit her case file to minister for a decision, however a response has not been received yet. So, if a letter is not received within 21 days, her application will be reffered to minister for a decision, based on the information on the file at present.
31 Mar 2009: sent the papers by registered mail today

So hope that she will get it soon also. :-) :D

Cheers

AC ;Keep the faith

astraclub
Newly Registered

Post by astraclub » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi guys

posted twice by mistake (debug issue), so changing the lines.
its ok now

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:33 pm

astraclub wrote:Hi guys

rang today and it seems it is a good tuesday,
She took my number and said "YES" you got it and its in outgoing mail box for the post,
I asked here when can i receive it, she said it is post,
so good news and relieved, :D :D :D :D

So hope that she will get it soon also. :-) :D

Cheers

AC ;Keep the faith
Congrats

NearlyIrish

Gardai clearance - where is it??

Post by NearlyIrish » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

To Astra...

This is great news. Congrats and hopefully spouse will get through soon

To all...I called in today and was told that it is still waiting Gardai clearance and has been like this since Sept 2008. Does anyone know what's involved in the Gardai clearance. Is there a Gardai number we can ring to get an update. Where is the application stuck.

cheers

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Re: Gardai clearance - where is it??

Post by NotYetIrish » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To Astra...

This is great news. Congrats and hopefully spouse will get through soon

To all...I called in today and was told that it is still waiting Gardai clearance and has been like this since Sept 2008. Does anyone know what's involved in the Gardai clearance. Is there a Gardai number we can ring to get an update. Where is the application stuck.

cheers
Mine with garda since last Nov. I would suggest you to write to GNIB & your local garda station asking for more information. I will do this if they say the same story next month...correct me if i am wrong & any other recommendations are welcome...

hussie
Newly Registered

Court dates & tracking

Post by hussie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi guys

any news on dublin court bookings? How long in advance do you have to book dublin courts these days. I see there's an auth date in the tracker. Shall we add the jurisdiction as well?

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 pm

Congratulations astraclub!!! :)

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:57 am

Congrats astra.

Re. What's invoked in Garda check... A gard told before they enter name in syst and get results! I'd like to think there is more into it unless the centralised bureau only dedicates a few hrs a week for this.... + admin overhead ... + send to inis + you know from here... Huge backlog.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 am

Aloha wrote:Congrats astra.

Re. What's invoked in Garda check... A gard told before they enter name in syst and get results! I'd like to think there is more into it unless the centralised bureau only dedicates a few hrs a week for this.... + admin overhead ... + send to inis + you know from here... Huge backlog.
Apart from entering your name in the system, I was told that the file will be sent to your local garda station to verify your stay and other things. i don't know how do they do it.

BDSK

citi
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline

Post by citi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi all,

Today I took my oath at district court and I saw a chinese lady who happlied in 2008 and having waited for only 12 months also taking oath following approval by minister! Processing of 2008 applications has also begun.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:13 pm

There is a smell of something really fishy going on in this dept. How can this happen. Unless it's a fast track vetoed by the Minister or Asylum seeker. Happy for the lad but gutted that the process/system is not giving everybody a fair chance.

Here's the quote from ex-minister Brian Lenihan at the Launch of new Immigration Bill:

Publishing the Bill, Minister Lenihan said: "This is landmark legislation. It gives us a unified code of immigration law that will enable us to manage non-EU inward migration and complements the existing law governing the free movement of EU citizens. It brings together into one process the business of determining whether a person who claims refugee status will be permitted to stay in the State. It also puts on a statutory footing a new status of long-term residence, as an acknowledgment of the contribution that many migrants make to their adopted society."

Lawful Migration

"There is a prevalent view in some quarters," said the Minister, "that most immigrants are here either unlawfully or on some spurious basis: but nothing could be further from the truth. Most of our migrant population has come here in a proper and regular fashion. This legislation will give us improved tools for developing regular migration as well as dealing with illegal immigration."

The Bill contains detailed provisions setting out for the first time in statute form the procedures for applying for a visa, and a process for reviews of negative visa decisions. The Bill also spells out the processes for admission to the State, for obtaining and renewing residence permissions, and for termination renewable residence permits. "The clarity and transparency this Bill brings to the whole area of immigration will benefit the State as well as those who want to come to this country and possibly settle here."

The Bill breaks new ground by creating in statute the status of "long-term resident", setting out the qualifying conditions and listing the benefits and privileges to which the holders are entitled.

"For too long," said Minister Lenihan, "the Irish immigration system has operated on the concept of temporary migration on a year-to-year basis until one has sufficient residence in the State to be able to make an application for naturalisation. It is time we acknowledged the fact that many migrants make an important contribution to the Irish economy and to Irish society generally. The status of long-term resident will give holders similar access to that of Irish citizens to State-funded services and other entitlements." This will enable the State to develop more migration programmes designed to attract people with skill-sets or other qualities that Ireland needs for its economic or social development.

tom4

Re: Timeline

Post by tom4 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm

citi wrote:Hi all,

Today I took my oath at district court and I saw a chinese lady who happlied in 2008 and having waited for only 12 months also taking oath following approval by minister! Processing of 2008 applications has also begun.
Disgusting! - no need to say more than that.

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Guys,

Have anybody ever tried to complain to

INIS Quality Customer Service Officer
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform,
Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2

I was thinking of writing to complain about my case e.g. 4th year waiting, no proper information from the staff during phone enquiries,etc,,etc

Just wanted to know whether it's worth doing it? Maybe at least they will give me some clear answers what they are waiting for and why us, 2006 applicants are waiting for so long.

crown

Post by crown » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:05 pm

robin_hood wrote:Guys,

Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2

I was thinking of writing to complain about my case e.g. 4th year waiting, no proper information from the staff during phone enquiries,etc,,etc

Just wanted to know whether it's worth doing it? Maybe at least they will give me some clear answers what they are waiting for and why us, 2006 applicants are waiting for so long.
I think that is a good idea but best fought either anonymously or after you have collected your citizenship. DOJ could be vindictive.

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 am

crown wrote:
robin_hood wrote:Guys,

Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2

I think that is a good idea but best fought either anonymously or after you have collected your citizenship. DOJ could be vindictive.
I don't care anymore about the result of my application, especially, about DOJ being vindictive - I just want them to stop a**** around with my application and applications of other people.

My plan is to call INIS again today - if I get "waiting for other agencies" reply with no breakdown of what those "other agencies" are (considering a month ago I was told somebody was working on my file and I should hear from them in the next 2 weeks - heard nothing, of course!!), then I will ask them to advise me of their complants procedure - if whoever answers the call is going to be unable to give me the info that I found on their own website, I will have even more to put into my complaint about their service alone and the level of training their staff have received, which then leaves to question whether people with such a poor level of training are capable of decisioning things like Citizenship applications at all??

I want to go through their complaints process first before giving all correspondende to a TD. No point sitting and waiting and giving out about waiting for so long - maybe I won't change anything, but at least I will know that I have tried.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:21 am

To Robin_Hood,

I think as a customer of INIS you have all the rights to do so.

Furthermore, since they've provided/appointed an INIS Quality Customer Service Officer leads to me to believe that they have (or might have) a process in place to look at ways they can improve their quality of service be it over the phone, by e-mail or face-to-face. Hopefully, they've provided this with a genuine interest to improve the service and not another queue/collection of complaints piled up on dusty shelves waiting for 36 months for someone to stumble on them. No matter what, they need to get that feedback if you are so frustrated with their service. It'll be only fair to you and them. If you don't tell them what they are doing wrong they might go in tangent and think that they are doing a great job.

You are not complaining for the sake of complaining but 8 years wait in one's lifetime to get a paper that says you are now an Irish Citizen is a lifetime in itself and now adding more on top of that is just a waste of valuable resources for everybody involved. Nobody can give you these years back.

And you are absolutely right about equipping the the people who interact with us with the right level of skills, training, education, tools, policies and procedures. More importantly they need to have the soft skills training as to how to interact with people and all of them should work off the same page (and not have different versions of the one process).

This country, as much as I like it and have elected it as my home country, I must say that it is on the brink of becoming stagnant or even go backwards to the darker days of the 80's. This govt needs to seriously change the smell of their departments and position them as partners who will lead this country out of this crisis swiftly. There is a serious need to shift the mindsets of people working in these depts. The reality is there is no room for complacency anymore, wake-up. They need to build a strong relationship with it's residents (and not just citizens) to make things happen and move forward.

My 5 cents

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

My Update...
I rang them today & was told my application gone to minister for decision(finally!!).
She also said a big lot went to minister for decision in last couple of weeks that could slow down things at other side. she also said it might take upto 2 months to come to decision on my application.

I asked about the backlog in taking oath. she said they are aware of this and have organized a spl. court sitting in april for taking oaths.
She also said they might organize one more spl court sitting before September just to clear all applications received in 2006.
her words sounds like they really want to clear the applications received in 2006. So fingers crossed, all the 2006 applicant will get good news in next couple of months.....