ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prcessing times for GC under country quota

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kantg1
Newly Registered

Prcessing times for GC under country quota

Post by kantg1 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:51 am

Hi,

I am an Indian national with an H1B. I am planning to start my GC (green card) processing. My wife is a UK citizen. If I apply under my country quota, I guess it will take a long time for the approval because of the number of people applying in the same year. I believe India, China will fall under this catogory. Is there any way I can apply GC under the UK quota just to reduce the processing time. If so what would be the procedure. Is there any country quota for GC processing???

Does anyone have a vague or rough estimate about the differences in the processing times for Indian and British nationals.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
kantg1

midbrain
Newly Registered

Post by midbrain » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:55 pm

You have not mentioned the category of green card (family, employment or others) You said you are an Indian national , so your visa number will
depend on availablity of Indian numbers. To be considered
for numbers for UK you'll have to be a british citizen.
Read the visa bulletin for availability of numbers
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b ... _2573.html

kantg1
Newly Registered

Post by kantg1 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:11 am

Hi,
Its employment based green card. Somewhere I read that I can opt to be considered under the spouse country catogory. Please let me know if I am wrong..

Thanks,
Kang1