ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What other option we got ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kissmemissme

What other option we got ?

Post by kissmemissme » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 am

guys,,,,

We hv been waiting for our passport from last 6 months. Each day I m passing like a hell. My employer already gave me notice. He wana see my passport.

I know that it's not only me who is waiting, too many other people r waiting as well but can't we make ny complaint against it.

It's like half year of your life u hv spent just in waiting.

sorry for this post but I m so frustrated.

Any suggestion?

Thnx.

S_hope
Newly Registered

Re: What other option we got ?

Post by S_hope » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 am

kissmemissme wrote:guys,,,,

We hv been waiting for our passport from last 6 months. Each day I m passing like a hell. My employer already gave me notice. He wana see my passport.

I know that it's not only me who is waiting, too many other people r waiting as well but can't we make ny complaint against it.

Any suggestion?

Thnx.
Same here...waiting for 6 months as well. No clue or updates on whats happening. Have you sent any fax to HO?

kissmemissme

Re: What other option we got ?

Post by kissmemissme » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

S_hope wrote:
kissmemissme wrote:guys,,,,

Any suggestion?

Thnx.
Same here...waiting for 6 months as well. No clue or updates on whats happening. Have you sent any fax to HO?

no point to call them or fax,,,,same ans,,WAITIN FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 pm

If anyone hires an immigration lawyer and files a case against Home Office does it give any significant result?

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

sadhu wrote:If anyone hires an immigration lawyer and files a case against Home Office does it give any significant result?
I think so, you have representative, but then it depends how efficient your lawyer is. Some are utter crap and some who dont seems to be good or look good gets you the results. Telling you from my personal experience. But overall it put weight on your application.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

jack199 wrote:
sadhu wrote:If anyone hires an immigration lawyer and files a case against Home Office does it give any significant result?
I think so, you have representative, but then it depends how efficient your lawyer is. Some are utter crap and some who dont seems to be good or look good gets you the results. Telling you from my personal experience. But overall it put weight on your application.
Most lawyers are crap but the bad thing is that when they are trying to sign you on, they are so nice. Don't be fooled please! I haven't used any and I pray I never have to need their services!
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

S_hope
Newly Registered

Post by S_hope » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Any one applied from University in OCT / NOV / DEC still waiting?

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Diokpa- Thanks for your reply.I am bit confused with the way UKBA is processing the applications.They are only sending passports of BITE and LCMIT.I have seen applicant's psw visa from LCMIT.If financial crisis is the reason definitely it would affect all applications regardless colleges/universities.UKBA should concentrate on the applications of rest of the colleges simultaneously.If they investigate all colleges properly it can take more than a year.Does this mean applicants will wait for more than a year!!!!!!!

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:41 pm

sadhu wrote:Diokpa- Thanks for your reply.I am bit confused with the way UKBA is processing the applications.They are only sending passports of BITE and LCMIT.I have seen applicant's psw visa from LCMIT.If financial crisis is the reason definitely it would affect all applications regardless colleges/universities.UKBA should concentrate on the applications of rest of the colleges simultaneously.If they investigate all colleges properly it can take more than a year.Does this mean applicants will wait for more than a year!!!!!!!
I think the CCL and co cases clogged the system, which I think is making them take their time. What I don't understand is why students from well known universities are also caught up in it, sorry guys but if only our fellow 'students' were honest and went through the educational system like everyone else then we wouldn't all go through this. I guess you just need to pray if you believe in the power of prayer...whatever your religion. Good Luck.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Hello Diokpa, do you think UKBA will clear all pending applications (oct/nov 2008) within next two weeks or by this month?What do you think?If you have any information please reveal.

In addition,I am praying too.Regards.

trahar2003
Newly Registered

Post by trahar2003 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 pm

no option than to keep ringing the home office and hoping and wait also

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:04 pm

sadhu wrote:Hello Diokpa, do you think UKBA will clear all pending applications (oct/nov 2008) within next two weeks or by this month?What do you think?If you have any information please reveal.

In addition,I am praying too.Regards.
I really don't have any information as I didn't attend CCL nor do I have interest in the CCL case but I think most cases will be cleared once the fate of CCL and co cases are determined by the judgement coming from the AIT this month. I really hope they get sorted for the sake of genuine students who have been without their passports for months. It's really tough but what I would advice if you attended a good university and you are sure your case is clear cut is to contact your Local MP. Some of them are quite helpful. :D

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:17 pm

To Diokpa, my friend finished his course from Oxford Business College. This college has achieved A rating with tier 4 license.Unfortunately, plenty of applications have been pending since last year.Nobody has had any clue when ukba will get rid of the backlog.