ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Account balance??

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petu_13
Newly Registered

Joint Account balance??

Post by petu_13 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hi,

My personal account balance dips down to £700 for like 2 weeks however I have a joint savings account with my fiancee which has a balance of £1200+ at all times.
Can I send this account + my personal savings account for maintenance funds?

Also do I need to show any proof that we are engaged as we dont share the same last and are not blood relatives would that cause any issue?

Please advise...Many Thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Joint Account balance??

Post by Diokpa » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:49 pm

petu_13 wrote:Hi,

My personal account balance dips down to £700 for like 2 weeks however I have a joint savings account with my fiancee which has a balance of £1200+ at all times.

Also do I need to show any proof that we are engaged as we dont share the same last and are not blood relatives would that cause any issue?

You are allowed to use a joint account statement without the need of showing any kind of relationship, just as long as you are both listed on the account. You stand a chance of getting denied if you rely only on your account which dipped down to 700 for 2 weeks. So yes, do send your account with the 700pounds and the joint statement as well.Good Luck.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Petu_13

Make sure when you are arranging your documents together, you prominently display the joint account. Ho has been known to do silly things like look at a receipt for school fees and think it's a current account statement

A friend of mine submitted two account statements and they looked at the lesser one and turned down the application. He applied again with the exact same documents and was approved.

So just display them carefully so they don't look only at the 700 account.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Joint Account balance??

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:29 pm

petu_13 wrote:Hi,

Yes you can use the joint account as long as it has your name on the account. To be on safe side i would also get a letter from the bank stating the facts. Joint accounts can be tricky whne its comes to HO,if the caseworker is satisfied then you are safe otherwise they might reject your application so i would also get a letter from the bank and also write a cover letter to support your argument and state that its your and your partners JOINT bank account and at the bottom get a signiture from your partnet and one for yourself as well. In that way you will be fully covered. Now a days they are just looking for an excuse. Cover all the avenues.

All the best

petu_13
Newly Registered

Post by petu_13 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Very Thank you all for opinions...
If someone still has his/her opinions on this...please do let me know
Regards.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:27 pm

petu_13 wrote:Very Thank you all for opinions...
If someone still has his/her opinions on this...please do let me know
Regards.
ppl have used joint account for extension so its not a problem. But do highlight your name clearly and state everything properly in covering letter without any ambiguity..

hope this helps,,

sban

Post by sban » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm

As stated by others you do not need to show any proof of relation. But your joint account monthly statement must have your name on it. A letter from the bank stating it is a joint account would also help. And you should definitely send a covering letter stating that you are providing statements for two accounts, one single (number xxx with bank xxx) and the other joint with your fiancee (name yyy) with account number and bank name. You could also add a line requesting them to consider the combined balance of the two accounts, as home office tends to get easily confused. Good luck.