ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:23 pm

This is encouraging. Thanks for the update mate.

crown

Post by crown » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To Robin_Hood,

My 5 cents
How about if they give you the standard response - Irish citizenship is not a right but a priviledge. I have not exactly given up but I have decided to wait and whenever it comes, it comes. No need giving stress to yourself. I applied 2006 June. I have friends who applied 2007 and they have got. Not to talk of 2008

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Hello,

I wanted to give a bit of an update.

I rang INIS today and they said my application is ready to be submitted to the Minister for a decision. They said it hasn't been submitted but they will be submitting it next week. They said I should get the minister’s decision in 4 to 6 weeks.

Timeline summary: Applied at the end of March 06, sent tax certificate (P21 equivalent) and bank statements Sept 08, and in March 09 sent latest tax certificate.

Thanks,
LP

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:43 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:Hello,

I rang INIS today and they said my application is ready to be submitted to the Minister for a decision. They said it hasn't been submitted but they will be submitting it next week. They said I should get the minister’s decision in 4 to 6 weeks.

Timeline summary: Applied at the end of March 06, sent tax certificate (P21 equivalent) and bank statements Sept 08, and in March 09 sent latest tax certificate.

Thanks,
LP
I was told that my application is being prepared for submission to Minister as well. It'll be submitted in 2 weeks and will hear back in 6 - 8 weeks.
Fingers crossed...

My timeline details are in Scrudu's Spreadsheet. But beriefly I applied in 2006 July/Aug.

A_I

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Post by Hope4Best@ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,

My update.

I rang INIS they said my application is ready to be submit to the Minister for a decision. They said I should get the minister’s decision in 6 to 8 weeks.

Timeline summary: Applied in june 06, sent addtional documents in
oct 08.

Thanks,
Hope4Best.

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Well, wrote a letter of complaint this morning and rang INIS before finalising my creation - wow, to my great suprise the lady told me my application was submitted to the Minister on 19th of March and it's looking good (she probably saw recommendation on the case or something)..... She even asked if I want to check on my partner's application - laughed that she wasnt supposed to do that but said she would anyway and confirmed his also went to the Minister on the same date..... nearly 40months later here we are - applied originally Jan 2006.

Looks like something happened in the Dublin office and 2006 started moving?

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Hope4Best@ wrote:Hi Guys,

My update.

I rang INIS they said my application is ready to be submit to the Minister for a decision. They said I should get the minister’s decision in 6 to 8 weeks.

Timeline summary: Applied in june 06, sent addtional documents in
oct 08.

Thanks,
Hope4Best.
Thanks for today updates guys, looks like files have started to move.

Just on the garda clearance, I was told from a reliable resources that there are only 4 gardai who are dealing with garda clearance, their overtime has been cut and they have been assigned other work as well.

but I still can't understand how 2007 applications are being approved so early.

BDSK

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 am

My timelines are exactly same as yours and I was told that my application is ready to be submitted to the Minister for a decision.

In fact, on tuesday, they told me that it has been sent to Minister, but, yesterday they told me that it is ready to be submitted.

Regards
LuasPassenger wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
LP

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 am

hi,all

My friend applied in Mar 2007 based on 5 years work permit in Ireland and got his Irish naturalization approval letter yesterday.

regards

melon

TRV

Post by TRV » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:30 am

applied in march 2006, updated with tax, marriage cert in oct 2008, still waiting...when i get the approval, the first i am going to do is get the passport and leave the bloody country .....i have paid tax for nine years and the least these bas*ards owe me is a citizenship...i don't want my kids to grow up like an irish...the enviornment here will make them as another irish a*se...

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:59 am

TRV wrote:applied in march 2006, updated with tax, marriage cert in oct 2008, still waiting...when i get the approval, the first i am going to do is get the passport and leave the bloody country .....i have paid tax for nine years and the least these bas*ards owe me is a citizenship...i don't want my kids to grow up like an irish...the enviornment here will make them as another irish a*se...
Can understand your frustration. Mar 08 Applicant has taken Oath ! Best of luck..If only they clear everyone of 05 & 06 applications asap that we'll have some hope..

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 am

Things are moving.. Two friends of mine one applied in feb 2007 other in Jan 2006 got their approval yesterday.
As for me am still waiting.
Regards
Tiggs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:42 am

I am graphing these results and one thing that is obvious is that 2006 has so far been more or less ignored!!!!

marialear

Post by marialear » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Hey all,

Very pleased to say that my approval letter from INIS for Irish naturalization came in April 1st! I now have to contact the District Court for the formal declaration and then get my cert.

I can't believe that it has finally come through. Just to go over my story:

Applied Aug 2006 on basis of 5 year work permits
Asked for updated supporting docs in Nov 2008
Phoned Mar 26th and INIS said my app with w/Minister
April 2nd - got letter in the post. Not a registered letter, just a hand addressed envelope from the Dept sent normal delivery.

Thanks to everyone for the many replies to my posts over the years - can't believe that I first arrived in Ireland, I was only going to stay a year! That's what happens I suppose!

This website has been a great source of information, relief and place to vent frustration and have the occasional rant as we all know! :)

Good luck to everyone! Take care

M

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:31 pm

marialear wrote:Hey all,

Very pleased to say that my approval letter from INIS for Irish naturalization came in April 1st! I now have to contact the District Court for the formal declaration and then get my cert.

April 2nd - got letter in the post. Not a registered letter, just a hand addressed envelope from the Dept sent normal delivery.

Thanks to everyone for the many replies to my posts over the years - can't believe that I first arrived in Ireland, I was only going to stay a year! That's what happens I suppose!

This website has been a great source of information, relief and place to vent frustration and have the occasional rant as we all know! :)

M
Congratulations marialear. Very happy for you and all the others who got it. Wish all the waiting people to get their approvals soon.
Regards

crown

Post by crown » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:36 pm

M
Congrats

crown

Post by crown » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:37 pm

TRV wrote:applied in march 2006, updated with tax, marriage cert in oct 2008, still waiting...when i get the approval, the first i am going to do is get the passport and leave the bloody country .....i have paid tax for nine years and the least these bas*ards owe me is a citizenship...i don't want my kids to grow up like an irish...the enviornment here will make them as another irish a*se...
Frustration understood
The more frustration now is if you lose your job in this climate your chances are even slimmer or absolutely zero. What an unfair system

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:50 pm

M
My timeline is the same as yours.
Applied August 2006.
Updated November 2008.
That is where it stops. Seriously considering to write a letter. I am also one of the people to leave as soon as possible, regardless! I am so happy I never bought any property in this country. It will be a effort to get rid of. Ireland will be last on my list, after Zimbabwe and Afghandistan to recommend as tourist destinations.

americanboy
Newly Registered

sorry

Post by americanboy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 pm

sorry to hear your story. I joined this forum today, but i have been a regular visitor of this site and thanks to all of you who have posted their incidents and this has given me good information.
i know few guys had difficulty and unreasonable waiting period. but its unfair to say that Ireland is a bad country and etc etc.
am sorry for you guys. and hope that everything goes well for all of us
rustig wrote:

M
Applied August 2006.
Updated November 2008.
That is where it stops. Seriously considering to write a letter. I am also one of the people to leave as soon as possible, regardless! I am so happy I never bought any property in this country. It will be a effort to get rid of. Ireland will be last on my list, after Zimbabwe and Afghandistan to recommend as tourist destinations.

opengl
Newly Registered

Re: sorry

Post by opengl » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:19 pm

americanboy wrote:sorry to hear your story. I joined this forum today, but i have been a regular visitor of this site and thanks to all of you who have posted their incidents and this has given me good information.
i know few guys had difficulty and unreasonable waiting period. but its unfair to say that Ireland is a bad country and etc etc.
am sorry for you guys. and hope that everything goes well for all of us
rustig wrote:

M
Applied August 2006.
Updated November 2008.
I agree with you AmricanBoy

Anyone who considers Ireland the worst, folks the reality of life is no place is good or bad. Every country has its advantages and disadvantages

Yes I know we are not getting the best service about our citienship applications but there are lot of other things this country has gives us.

If you have such bad feelings about Ireland I wander how you will take the oath of fidelity. Or is it that you will be just lying in front of the judge!!!

I applied in July 06 and yes I am frustrated about the delay but let me tell you I did not apply to move but to make Ireland my home. Is that not what Citizenship is all about??

malcolmrx

Our lives are at stake!

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:41 pm

Couldn't agree more opengl. I think everyone of us is utterly disgusted at this lengthy process. It's not that I wait for an approval. I need a decision. I feel I'm in a quandary. I ask myself "What if the application wasn't approved?". This means Ireland doesn't need me although I chose it as a home. At that point I've to move on. But the fact that I have to stay for so long to know if Ireland gives me its citizenship and allows me to settle here is the worst part. I know other people would share the same feeling. The feeling that you're just begging for a decision to be made fast so you can start a life!. It's dissapointing and frustrating. But if someone's decision right now is to leave Ireland then he or she should honour what citizenship is about and honour the oath we take.

Best of luck for us and I hope someone from INIS is reading or even curious about why we care so much about that decision that they're about to make and how fast they must make it. Our lives are at stake!

LuasPassenger

Re: sorry

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 pm

@marialear: Congratulations!!! And good luck for the rest of us! :)

Re:
opengl wrote: [...]
I applied in July 06 and yes I am frustrated about the delay but let me tell you I did not apply to move but to make Ireland my home. Is that not what Citizenship is all about??
I share this opinion andI feel exactly the same way. :)

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:26 pm

According to Scrudu's spreadsheet, and if we consider the applicants sample as a random sample of all the citizenship applicants, the decisions were made on 37.5% of 2005 applications, 20.6% of 2006 applications, 40% of 2007 applications, and 11% (1 application) of 2008 applications. I don't know if these are good news or not?

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:05 am

These numbers give you an idea of the trending. I was told once by INIS that the reason why 2006 applications are taking long to process is because this is the year they received the highest number of applications. So, you can interprete these numbers in both ways, low % processed or high % processed depending on which end of the tail is INIS focussing its resources on (beginning or end). I think what they need is a good operations mgr to sort this mess out.

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:07 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:These numbers give you an idea of the trending. I was told once by INIS that the reason why 2006 applications are taking long to process is because this is the year they received the highest number of applications. So, you can interprete these numbers in both ways, low % processed or high % processed depending on which end of the tail is INIS focussing its resources on (beginning or end). I think what they need is a good operations mgr to sort this mess out.
I don't think thats a valid reason or fair reason for the delay. It sounds like a new queue is created for each year and applications are processes in parallel. Not fair at all.