ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Job Offer Letter

Post by AzimScot » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi,

We are currently going through a visa appeal on a spouse visa. The reasons we were declined a visa was due to the spouses job offer they didn't consider it as a real/authentic job offer there for rejected the visa on those grounds.

We are appealing and we sent an letter of employment, which was basic and never detailed why we offered the job to spouse rather than anyone else and the letter didn't state it was a registered UK business with VAT and TAX numbers.

A new Job offer letter from the employer has been sent, but are unsure if the wording can be improved or corrected.

Please advise asap as the appeal hearing is near.

To whom it may concern

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am responding at the request of Mrs xxx at xxx.

Mrs xx has asked me to reiterate the job offer that was given to her on the (date)

I can confirm that I offered employment of Assistant to Mrs xxx on (date) .On the basis that she passes the initial interview process and with inspection of all previous references and work experience.

I can also confirm that the job position advertised at my premises at employers address at that time still stands, my business is as such that staff come and go at a rapid pace and it is very hard to find reliable staff in the business of beauty therapy to say the least.

I intermittently have an advert in my Shop window displaying a Staff Wanted poster.

I can further confirm that Mrs xxx mother and father in law Mr & Mrs. xxx had noticed the advert and further enquired for the position on behalf of Mrs xxx their daughter in law.

I exchanged Information with Mr & Mrs xxx and fully explained the position and criteria for securing the Job; they took down all the details that were required for the job position on behalf of Mrs. xxx

I reiterate that I still hold the job offer for xxx as previously confirmed as I need staff at my present premises and are hoping to expand to another branch in the foreseeable future.

Mrs. xxx has stipulated that this letter is for immigration purposes and has indicated that the Eco officers comments on her visa refusal was that the job offer is/was not real..

I can confirm that the job offer is still live and that the shop premises where the job offer exists presently as a going concern serving the public of the local area of xxx.

I attach detailed images on a signed letter headed paper of the business premises and attach photocopy documents of tax and legal status.

If there are any further doubts of the job offer and business premises I am open to contact at your convenience at the above address and telephone number.

Yours faithfully

Managing Director

ortkyq
Newly Registered

Post by ortkyq » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:24 pm

sorry that i am not responding your question but i would like to ask a question that is it necessary to provide the job offer letter while applying the spouse visa? thanks

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Well its a hard one. Usually people send there last 6 months age slips as proof of working and paying taxes.

It's not a requirement to send a job offer letter only if you are from outside the UK coming to the UK to work.

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi Azim,

I am only concerned about the way this application is being looked at.

If this is a marriage case, there was no need to over complicate the matter for yourself by providing letters etc which are not relevant at all.

As per spouse visa she can do whatever she likes when she gets here.

This itself (the job) cannot be the only reason why a Spouse visa is declined.
I think the suspicion regarding genuineness of this application has continued since they suspected the letter.

If you have now arranged a letter to rectify the situation, it is good.

You might want to explain this to the court judge on the appeal hearing that firstly a job confirmation letter is irrelevant to a spouse visa application and even if you have done it its genuine.

Has she previously been to uk or refused entry anywhere else i.e us, canada and all that?

VISA applications should always be kept simple as required on the black & white form, adding more paperwork for no reason will only dig holes for anyone.

I hope it all sorts out for you. Best of Luck

AncientAlien

Re: Job Offer Letter

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:55 am

AzimScot wrote:Hi,

We are currently going through a visa appeal on a spouse visa. The reasons we were declined a visa was due to the spouses job offer they didn't consider it as a real/authentic job offer there for rejected the visa on those grounds.

We are appealing and we sent an letter of employment, which was basic and never detailed why we offered the job to spouse rather than anyone else and the letter didn't state it was a registered UK business with VAT and TAX numbers.

A new Job offer letter from the employer has been sent, but are unsure if the wording can be improved or corrected.

Please advise asap as the appeal hearing is near.

To whom it may concern

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am responding at the request of Mrs xxx at xxx.

Mrs xx has asked me to reiterate the job offer that was given to her on the (date)

I can confirm that I offered employment of Assistant to Mrs xxx on (date) .On the basis that she passes the initial interview process and with inspection of all previous references and work experience.

I can also confirm that the job position advertised at my premises at employers address at that time still stands, my business is as such that staff come and go at a rapid pace and it is very hard to find reliable staff in the business of beauty therapy to say the least.

I intermittently have an advert in my Shop window displaying a Staff Wanted poster.

I can further confirm that Mrs xxx mother and father in law Mr & Mrs. xxx had noticed the advert and further enquired for the position on behalf of Mrs xxx their daughter in law.

I exchanged Information with Mr & Mrs xxx and fully explained the position and criteria for securing the Job; they took down all the details that were required for the job position on behalf of Mrs. xxx

I reiterate that I still hold the job offer for xxx as previously confirmed as I need staff at my present premises and are hoping to expand to another branch in the foreseeable future.

Mrs. xxx has stipulated that this letter is for immigration purposes and has indicated that the Eco officers comments on her visa refusal was that the job offer is/was not real..

I can confirm that the job offer is still live and that the shop premises where the job offer exists presently as a going concern serving the public of the local area of xxx.

I attach detailed images on a signed letter headed paper of the business premises and attach photocopy documents of tax and legal status.

If there are any further doubts of the job offer and business premises I am open to contact at your convenience at the above address and telephone number.

Yours faithfully

Managing Director

Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz (Please share with others if it works for you!)
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:52 pm

owais210 wrote:Hi Azim,

I am only concerned about the way this application is being looked at.

If this is a marriage case, there was no need to over complicate the matter for yourself by providing letters etc which are not relevant at all.

As per spouse visa she can do whatever she likes when she gets here.

This itself (the job) cannot be the only reason why a Spouse visa is declined.
I think the suspicion regarding genuineness of this application has continued since they suspected the letter.

If you have now arranged a letter to rectify the situation, it is good.

You might want to explain this to the court judge on the appeal hearing that firstly a job confirmation letter is irrelevant to a spouse visa application and even if you have done it its genuine.

Has she previously been to uk or refused entry anywhere else i.e us, canada and all that?

VISA applications should always be kept simple as required on the black & white form, adding more paperwork for no reason will only dig holes for anyone.

I hope it all sorts out for you. Best of Luck
Because her spouse if disabled and on incapacity benefit we require to show proof of how both the couple will maintain themselves without public funds. My brother cannot work due to his disability. The passed the accommodation and heath reasons for the marriage, but just not the finance side of it. We also require evidence to support she has the relevant qualification to get a job in the UK we will be providing immigration judge with documents from abroad.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Job Offer Letter

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:18 pm

AzimScot wrote: I can confirm that I offered employment of Assistant to Mrs xxx on (date) .On the basis that she passes the initial interview process and with inspection of all previous references and work experience.
Not really a job 'offer' is it? More an interview offer.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....