ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Nationality - returning to the UK on foreign passport?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark79
Newly Registered

Dual Nationality - returning to the UK on foreign passport?

Post by mark79 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi All

I've been searching the posts here for answer, and still haven't been able to work it out yet. Hopefully someone can help.

I am considering applying for naturalisation (I have ILR, and have confirmed my eligibility) however my other nationality is one that does not permit dual nationality.

My query is: Would I be able to travel in and out of the UK on a foreign passport which has an ILR stamp on it. I would need the passport to be stamped by immigration upon entry to the UK.

I have considered a right to abode stamp, but that would imply dual nationality.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Make sure that HO doesn't inform your Embassy that you are applying for British national. It will be risky.