ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Protesting Against the Home office

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan11
Newly Registered

Protesting Against the Home office

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:07 pm

I am utterly disappointed to see the number of people affected by this so called £800 rule. Can't they talk to..g see If someone havent had enough money in his account he would not have completed his degree within time.

I was just thinking to have a protest a big protest outside the home office saying whats this joke is all about? Asking us to show money in savings after completing studies?

We have spent money in this country and have completed our education and now they are playing with rules and are introducing minor stupid laws to trap international students who graduated from UK universities.

I am on the same boat. Rejection due to maintenance funds. Seriously guys think about protesting against this £800 law for students who have completed their degree already and applying from within country.

I dont see any other way of winning the appeal because If they allow one single person whose appeal is rejected due to maintenance funds, then they have to allow everyone you see what i mean?

Please leave your comments
Thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Protesting Against the Home office

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 pm

khan11 wrote:I am utterly disappointed to see the number of people affected by this so called £800 rule. Can't they talk to..g see If someone havent had enough money in his account he would not have completed his degree within time.

I was just thinking to have a protest a big protest outside the home office saying whats this joke is all about? Asking us to show money in savings after completing studies?

We have spent money in this country and have completed our education and now they are playing with rules and are introducing minor stupid laws to trap international students who graduated from UK universities.

I am on the same boat. Rejection due to maintenance funds. Seriously guys think about protesting against this £800 law for students who have completed their degree already and applying from within country.

I dont see any other way of winning the appeal because If they allow one single person whose appeal is rejected due to maintenance funds, then they have to allow everyone you see what i mean?

Thanks
I don't think you can go to a man's house and tell him how to run his household just because you object to his laid down rules which in your own mind is autocratic or unrealistic. If my country was run by good leaders and everything was ok, I wouldn't be in the UK studying for a degree and paying out of my nose for it. No one will join your protest and £800 is not too much and I am sure a lot of students have found that saving useful in these tough times.

Don't take my comments as being harsh but I am being realistic and what we should be protesting about is for the HO to be more efficient so students and visa applicants don't wait months on end without their passports and a decision about their visa. I can't attend any of my research conferences 'cos I am stuck waiting for a sticker on my passport. Efficiency is what we should ask for(because we pay for the service) but don't tell a man how to run his house by asking for rules to favour you, it doesn't work that way my friend.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I don't think you can go to a man's house and tell him how to run his household just because you object to his laid down rules which in your own mind is autocratic or unrealistic. If my country was run by good leaders and everything was ok, I wouldn't be in the UK studying for a degree and paying out of my nose for it. No one will join your protest and £800 is not too much and I am sure a lot of students have found that saving useful in these tough times.

Don't take my comments as being harsh but I am being realistic and what we should be protesting about is for the HO to be more efficient so students and visa applicants don't wait months on end without their passports and a decision about their visa. I can't attend any of my research conferences 'cos I am stuck waiting for a sticker on my passport. Efficiency is what we should ask for(because we pay for the service) but don't tell a man how to run his house by asking for rules to favour you, it doesn't work that way my friend.[/quote]

So you think it is fair to show that you have enough money after completing your studies and aftter getting the degree certificate? The thing is due to recession the policy is to kick as many foreigners out as possible by introdcuing such rules.Don't get it wrong, I am not asking HO to change their law what i am trying to tell them is "Make realistic and fair Laws". Does it make sense to ask for exactly £800 in savings after you have completed your studies ?

Diopka if you are also rejected due to maintenance funds there isn't anyother way of sorting the problem out other than protesting or going back home.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 pm

I don't think it is unfair to ask for people to show they have sufficient funds after studying, it's all a way of keeping the money in their economy and as much as it is tough for students, you have to face the fact that they have a right to make their laws and you either accept it or leave it. I am not in any way happy with the rule but what I don't acceot is asking for people to protest, most of us come from countries where we can't even protest against our own governments but when we come here...we even tend to abuse the freedom of expression more than the british people themselves!

If you know you are going to apply for a PSW visa, start getting the money on time and if you can borrow money then do it. I know it's hard especially on a student budget but you can understand the recession is making them put in place a lot of laws to protect their citizens and those already resident here. I believe that £800 still remains your money and all they are asking is that it's attached to a statement which shows your name on it...If you need the visa, then you need to do what you have to do. The law won't change and it's not an unrealistic law in any way. I wish you all the best with your appeal.

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I strongly believe that you are either a Home office agent OR you still have slavery in your mind. Diopka those days are gone when people were made slaves.

It is utterly nonsese and unfair to ask for a specific amount of money after student has completed his degree. I mean they can ask to show how much money your sponsor has got to check if your sponsor is still sponsoring you. And also Home office could have requested new bank statements to check before refusing that the person has enough money in the account.

They have issued visas to fake colleges and are rejecting visas of genuine students graduated from the universities.

If you are not HO agent then please come out of your slavery thinking. Think Wise Be Wise.

Thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 pm

khan11 wrote:I strongly believe that you are either a Home office agent OR you still have slavery in your mind. Diopka those days are gone when people were made slaves.

It is utterly nonsese and unfair to ask for a specific amount of money after student has completed his degree. I mean they can ask to show how much money your sponsor has got to check if your sponsor is still sponsoring you. And also Home office could have requested new bank statements to check before refusing that the person has enough money in the account.

They have issued visas to fake colleges and are rejecting visas of genuine students graduated from the universities.

If you are not HO agent then please come out of your slavery thinking. Think Wise Be Wise.

Thanks
Lol...good luck in your bid to change the law.

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Lol...good luck in your bid to change the law.[/quot
I am not bidding to change the law. All I am requesting from you cowards is to protest against unfair laws with a good lawyer and Barrister.

HO is pumping and taking out frustation on innocent while issuing visas to face college students. Home Secteray Jacqui Smith the bit.. who has changed the Tier 1 rule herself has claimed money for the naked films her husband has watched.

Now is this a justice? Law makers are Law breakers this can be a good title to start the protest. But I know you are cowards so you all will stick with your own cases. huh

trahar2003
Newly Registered

Post by trahar2003 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 pm

why should you not protest the whole rule dont make no sense to me really , student come here spent over £20k to get a degree and you saying shit that they must have £800 even if it drops for a sec in 3months will a british national meet the same criteria in another country,why should uneducated minds @ the home office judge cases that have to do with educated minds ?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 pm

khan11 wrote:
Lol...good luck in your bid to change the law.[/quot
I am not bidding to change the law. All I am requesting from you cowards is to protest against unfair laws with a good lawyer and Barrister.

HO is pumping and taking out frustation on innocent while issuing visas to face college students. Home Secteray Jacqui Smith the bit.. who has changed the Tier 1 rule herself has claimed money for the naked films her husband has watched.

Now is this a justice? Law makers are Law breakers this can be a good title to start the protest. But I know you are cowards so you all will stick with your own cases. huh
You really speak like an 'educated' person...someone who cannot make constructive arguements without resorting to cheap jabs. You need to start packing to leave, dumb mule!

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:36 pm

[quote="trahar2003"]why should you not protest the whole rule dont make no sense to me really , student come here spent over £20k to get a degree and you saying shit that they must have £800 even if it drops for a sec in 3months will a british national meet the same criteria in another country,why should uneducated minds @ the home office judge cases that have to do with educated minds ?[/quote

That is what I am trying to say, The rule doesn't make any sense. Even if it does up to some extent but £800 doesn't justify that you have enough funds or you dont have. The main point is why Ho is asking to show money after completing the degree?

I am trying to check the response of the people I am trying to gather people to file a combine case after consulting one of the top immigration lawyer and barrister.

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm

I am very sure now that you are a HO Agent If you are not then you should start packing too, Because you aren't gonna win it. The reason is they are forcing the Judges to be within the boundaries while making the decision. They have already drawn the boundaries by writing
"£800 prior to date of application".

Now even if the Judge wants He cannot go out of boundaries and If he does then HO will appeal against the decision of the Judge.

I am not a dumb mule. But I think someone else is.

Thanks,

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm

khan11 wrote:I am very sure now that you are a HO Agent If you are not then you should start packing too, Because you aren't gonna win it. The reason is they are forcing the Judges to be within the boundaries while making the decision. They have already drawn the boundaries by writing
"£800 prior to date of application".

Now even if the Judge wants He cannot go out of boundaries and If he does then HO will appeal against the decision of the Judge.

I am not a dumb mule. But I think someone else is.

Thanks,
Lol...you wish, you better start packing mate. You really are daft and if only you sat down to think...you'll discover that yourself. I tried to be civil by putting through my own opinion but your skanky mule decided to call me names, you must be really stupid.The HO have a right to tell you to show funds in your account and if that's slavery mentality then you must be the most educated fool alive. Like I said earlier, start packing...LMAO!

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 pm

I was wondering what exactly made you angry now i got it. I mentioned about your slavery thinking earlier which is why you are angry and taking out your frustration on me isn't it?.

I said that because you were really thinking so by saying "OH think about the rights we have in our country OH look how good the British people are they give us right to protest and appeal and blah blah blah"

I mean the purpose of this post is to see how many people actually consider this rule as totally unfair and nonsense.

If you want to "lay down" infront of HO then fine mate go a head. But if you think it is unfair and it is not logical then come forward shake hands. but cool yourself down first please

Thanks,

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

khan11 wrote:I was wondering what exactly made you angry now i got it. I mentioned about your slavery thinking earlier which is why you are angry and taking out your frustration on me isn't it?.

I said that because you were really thinking so by saying "OH think about the rights we have in our country OH look how good the British people are they give us right to protest and appeal and blah blah blah"

I mean the purpose of this post is to see how many people actually consider this rule as totally unfair and nonsense.

If you want to "lay down" infront of HO then fine mate go a head. But if you think it is unfair and it is not logical then come forward shake hands. but cool yourself down first please

Thanks,
You must be an knee cap for real! If you took the time to read my post, you would see that in all of that I never in anyway insulted you but for your to use derogatory comments towards me was totally uncalled for...even people who won the HSMP case didn't do it by protesting, they did it through the courts ...FOOL! And the reason they won was because the govt reneged in an earlier rule. When you want people to protest, keep an open mind and try to reason also.

I have been through the appeal process like you and when I was asking for opinions, I didn't resort to calling people names just because they didn't agree with me. Obviously you don't come from a society where other people can voice their opinions without being beat down for it. I don't need to shake your slimey hands and like I said earlier, start packing to leave knee cap!

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:09 pm

• I have been through the appeal process like you and when I was asking for opinions, I didn't resort to calling people names just because they didn't agree with me. Obviously you don't come from a society where other people can voice their opinions without being beat down for it. I don't need to shake your slimey hands and like I said earlier, start packing to leave knee cap![/quote]
I am trying to be nice with you but I dont think you deserve that do you?
Based on which grounds your appeal was refused ? Was it maintenance funds?

aka189

Post by aka189 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 am

Hi All,

I'm not coming in between the arguments.

The thing is UK government doesn't ask you come to their country. It is us who are in need so we have to obey their rules even if their rules are silly.

If you don't want to obey their rules than they have so many people waiting in queue to come to UK and play by rules.

The thing is the one who is in demand always wins.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 am

Protesting against HO is a waste of time. If you would like to include someone then look for a UNION (if student have one), but still doubts that would work. Its their country and their rules. They ain't bothered if its you or someone else (as a student), as long as you generate money for the economy (i.e. pay your fees in FULL) into the system and study by their rules they dont have a problem.

Now the new rules means only students with strong financial backgrounds would come to this country, might not work 20 hours (as they have a strong financial background, which leaves british jobs for british people).They would study and go home (definitely if you are chinese). Now the new rules means that student will have money in their BRITISH accounts (most likely) when renewing the VISAS. Which means british govt can use that money to circulate to rejoice their shattered and destroyed banking system . You have to have fees plus a bit more to fill up their piggie banks.

Clever ehhh in every aspect British Govt is a winner by creating a win-win situation for themselves.

endurance
Newly Registered

khan...! All d best

Post by endurance » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:48 pm

What you guyz don't understand...is that rules are not always accurate and final and should be changed if their existence is ineffective.which is what it is at the moment.. what khan was simply trying to say was that 800.00 pounds rule doesn't do justice becasue the idea of showing 800.00 is dat it demonstrates once ability to sustain and not dip in nation wealth...which it doesn’t...major misconception..! Asking for 800.00 for three months is acceptable but asking it to be 800.00 for whole 90 days is unacceptable.

Being a student I am not gonna have money lying around. ill be paying bills etc and yet If i have managed to save 800.00 at d end of the month, shows my worthiness, however HO has diff perception to dis …no room for error and follows this rules rigidly refusing to use their grey matter and discretion…as they considers applicants whose had 799.00 balance one day worthless and prospective burden on the nation…makes no sense…ive been a victim of this nonsensical rule and I know where khan is coming from…the rule may not change but bringing a point view forward against this rule could perhaps help HO rethink it..!

Im one of the unfortunate once saw the rule change of psw 800.00 three months in time and opened a bnk acc and in Aug so that I wud be in time to make an application in November before my visa expired…I gradusted on 21 nov my visa expired on 30 nov and I put he money in d new
acc on 22n august till nov 22..evything was planned perfectly…this acc had no direct debits and I wasn’t taking any chance being extra careful. to my surprise I had gone for a holiday and when returned bank made an error and made silly charges on account without my approval and later credited upon disputing…however balance of 800.00 already dipped for few days but end balance was always 800.00 yet I was rejected…I had job offer 26k ..Just got permanent but then was served to leave within 28 days…what a fate! No fault of mine…wht upset me is to see other people I know whove just paid 500 pounds for their fake certificates and borrowed 800 for three months have managed to get psw can hardly speak English…! I guess silly point but this rule surely cannot filter frm genuine student to the fake ones..ive taken d knowledge from here but I will put it to use in my country…! Khans go for it…! I know how u feel…ppl who r discouraging or being negative r ones who r regular victims or have not been thru wht u n I have ..d fact uve opened this topic shows a lot ….i know many who r contestin against this rule ..u r not alone …u may or may not succeed…but yr not sumone who takes it lying down..go for it..!

khan11
Newly Registered

Re: khan...! All d best

Post by khan11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:21 pm

• endurance wrote:What you guyz don't understand...is that rules are not always accurate and final and should be changed if their existence is ineffective.which is what it is at the moment.. what khan was simply trying to say was that 800.00 pounds rule doesn't do justice becasue the idea of showing 800.00 is dat it demonstrates once ability to sustain and not dip in nation wealth...which it doesn’t...major misconception..! Asking for 800.00 for three months is acceptable but asking it to be 800.00 for whole 90 days is unacceptable.

Being a student I am not gonna have money lying around. ill be paying bills etc and yet If i have managed to save 800.00 at d end of the month, shows my worthiness, however HO has diff perception to dis …no room for error and follows this rules rigidly refusing to use their grey matter and discretion…as they considers applicants whose had 799.00 balance one day worthless and prospective burden on the nation…makes no sense…ive been a victim of this nonsensical rule and I know where khan is coming from…the rule may not change but bringing a point view forward against this rule could perhaps help HO rethink it..!

Im one of the unfortunate once saw the rule change of psw 800.00 three months in time and opened a bnk acc and in Aug so that I wud be in time to make an application in November before my visa expired…I gradusted on 21 nov my visa expired on 30 nov and I put he money in d new
    acc on 22n august till nov 22..evything was planned perfectly…this acc had no direct debits and I wasn’t taking any chance being extra careful. to my surprise I had gone for a holiday and when returned bank made an error and made silly charges on account without my approval and later credited upon disputing…however balance of 800.00 already dipped for few days but end balance was always 800.00 yet I was rejected…I had job offer 26k ..Just got permanent but then was served to leave within 28 days…what a fate! No fault of mine…wht upset me is to see other people I know whove just paid 500 pounds for their fake certificates and borrowed 800 for three months have managed to get psw can hardly speak English…! I guess silly point but this rule surely cannot filter frm genuine student to the fake ones..ive taken d knowledge from here but I will put it to use in my country…! Khans go for it…! I know how u feel…ppl who r discouraging or being negative r ones who r regular victims or have not been thru wht u n I have ..d fact uve opened this topic shows a lot ….i know many who r contestin against this rule ..u r not alone …u may or may not succeed…but yr not sumone who takes it lying down..go for it..!
Thanks Endurance for leaving your comments. I am extremely disappointed to know what Home Office did with a potentially good student having £26k Job paying taxes. I am in the same situation I was working related to my studies on £18k and had to leave the job due to this appeal. The thing which annoys and kills me is that Home office issued visas to people who have purchased their certificates by paying little money some PG diplomas and what they can't see is pontentially good students graduating from good universities who have the pontential to get good jobs. It is utterly disgusting makes no sense whatsoever.
There are still some people with slavery in their mind talking about abiding by the rules. Did Home office abide by the rule when they issued visas to fake college students?

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 pm

khan11 wrote:I am utterly disappointed to see the number of people affected by this so called £800 rule. Can't they talk to..g see If someone havent had enough money in his account he would not have completed his degree within time.
Protesting in front of HO office is a waste of time. Legal course the the only and most effective way to challenge HO.

Regarding the £800 rule, well it doesn't make any sense to me either, but it doesn't mean that you can't follow it. Like you said yourself, if you have spent X number of money for the degree surely that can meet the requirement?

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: khan...! All d best

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:11 pm

khan11 wrote:
  • endurance wrote:What you guyz don't understand...is that rules are not always accurate and final and should be changed if their existence is ineffective.which is what it is at the moment.. what khan was simply trying to say was that 800.00 pounds rule doesn't do justice becasue the idea of showing 800.00 is dat it demonstrates once ability to sustain and not dip in nation wealth...which it doesn’t...major misconception..! Asking for 800.00 for three months is acceptable but asking it to be 800.00 for whole 90 days is unacceptable.

Thanks Endurance for leaving your comments. I am extremely disappointed to know what Home Office did with a potentially good student having £26k Job paying taxes. I am in the same situation I was working related to my studies on £18k and had to leave the job due to this appeal. The thing which annoys and kills me is that Home office issued visas to people who have purchased their certificates by paying little money some PG diplomas and what they can't see is pontentially good students graduating from good universities who have the pontential to get good jobs. It is utterly disgusting makes no sense whatsoever.
There are still some people with slavery in their mind talking about abiding by the rules. Did Home office abide by the rule when they issued visas to fake college students?
yeah khan u r rite. but u cant stop any idiot to say idiotic stuff any ways leave everything behind and concentrate on your case.. i m sure u gonna win this like a master not like a slave cuz slaves can always think like slaves and they better beoff as slaves.

khan11
Newly Registered

Post by khan11 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 pm

• [quote="xpscapable"][quote="khan11"]I am utterly disappointed to see ..............
Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I was thinking of making a combine case against HO with the help of a knowledgeable Solicitor and Barrister so that they can atleast agree to accept the statement that "If a student haven't had enough money he wouldn't have completed his/her degree in time" to clarify and prove that posession of £800 doesn't justify if student have enough money or doesn't.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Some people with their warped sense of reasoning, I wonder why some people think because they cannot afford 800quid, others should go along for a meaningless protest. Like you have rightly pointed out, you spent that much amount studying then I wonder what 800quid is and am sure the courts are there for you to take your silly protests to also. And like I said earlier, you are on a fruitless journey!

And your statement..."If a student haven't had enough money he wouldn't have completed his/her degree in time"...what is now stopping you from providing 800quid since your statement seems to infer that you have enough money. And as for thinking people who comply with rules are slaves, it just goes a lot to show how illiterate you are and your education has not done much to liberate you from your colonial mentality. People who obey laws which is in no way bias or degrading, are law-abiding citizens and am sure you don't actually know what that stands for.

What we should be petitioning for is better service because at the end of the day, if the british decide that no one should stay here after studying...would you take them to court or protest about that as well? Think like a human being and remember that immigration rules change, why have you not gone to protest about the postgrad diploma/certificate rule being withdrawn? You know why? Because they have a right to withdraw it anytime and if they decide to withdraw the PSW tomorrow...you can't do nothing about it!

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Diokpa wrote:

Thanks

Don't take my comments as being harsh but I am being realistic and what we should be protesting about is for the HO to be more efficient so students and visa applicants don't wait months on end without their passports and a decision about their visa. I can't attend any of my research conferences 'cos I am stuck waiting for a sticker on my passport. Efficiency is what we should ask for(because we pay for the service) but don't tell a man how to run his house by asking for rules to favour you, it doesn't work that way my friend.

I totally agree that we should be protesting about service standards. It's a lot we all have to go thru, the service is not free, and we have to wait endlessly for feedback from HO. The least HO can do is to process applications within reasonable timeframes and not just leave us all in limbo after collecting our hard-earned cash. The situation is quite frustrating. Efficiency should be their watchword, plus providing world-class service as they advertise. The situation now is far from world-class, I'm sure u'll all agree.
Good things come to those who wait.................

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:34 am

hoopsy wrote:
Diokpa wrote:

Thanks

I totally agree that we should be protesting about service standards. It's a lot we all have to go thru, the service is not free, and we have to wait endlessly for feedback from HO. The least HO can do is to process applications within reasonable timeframes and not just leave us all in limbo after collecting our hard-earned cash. The situation is quite frustrating. Efficiency should be their watchword, plus providing world-class service as they advertise. The situation now is far from world-class, I'm sure u'll all agree.
I Agree we need to put our voices across but HOW? thats the question! If there would have been a UNION we might have gone to them, but its their country and their HARD rules, but i totally agree it is unfair for the people who are waiting scence sept/oct and/or have their appeals allowed.