ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused - need urgent help for review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maverick_76

Refused - need urgent help for review

Post by maverick_76 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:25 am

Dear Friends,

I goy my decision letter and it said my application has been refused. I am planning to send a review on Monday and will require help from all of you.

My details are as following -

Application Sent - May 28th, 05
Credit Card Charged - 6th June, 05
Reference Number - 0440XX
Urgent Treatment Sent - 15th June, 05
Decision Date - 11th July, 05

I had claimed following points in my application -

Education - 15 points
Income - 25 points
Work Experience - 25 points

Mine was a straight forward case as I had submitted tax returns, detailed employment letters and and NARIC comparibility.

According to my decision there was problem in verifying my work experience from my previous employer.

My work experience details -
Current Employer - 3 years two months {this was verified}
Previous Employer - 2 years one month (this was not verifiable)
First Employer - 1 year and nine months (this was not verifiable)

Reply from HO ....
Unfortunately, the BHC in Mumbai have been unable to verify the employment references provided from first employer and previous employer(this had the names of company), and we cannot be therefore be satisfied that you meet the requirements of the HSMP arrangements. For this reason, we have been unable to approve the application
Technically, if my previous employers references could have been verified I would have got the requisite points, as my current and previous employers total experience comes out to be more that 5 years.

OK .... Why my situation is unique :!:

:idea: I have not been told explicitly how many points have I scored. If you read the last line in my decision letter above it says "...... . For this reason, we have been unable to approve the application"

:idea: Does this mean if I prove that there was mistake by HO while verifying my work experience then I get the approval :?:

This is why I feel why my previous employer reference could not be verified -

- Most probably HO, would have checked the contact details on the letter head of the reference letter.

-This reference letter was 3 years old and since then the phone numbers of my previous employer had changed.

-My documents were sent to Mumbai instead of Delhi, this may have caused problem while verifying my docs (my prev employer is in Delhi).

:idea: Why I think this decision is incorrect -

- I had sent a cover letter for each section where I had claimed points.
- In the work experience section I had provided them with a table having updated employer contact details including the changed phone numbers.
- I also had included the website URL of my previous employer's company which had the updated contact information.
- Also, I had included the printouts from company website to show the contact details.
-Finally one of my collegues who was with me during my previous company and current company, got the approval. His letterhead also had the similar contact details as mine. (I am not sure if I can put this in my review ;))

I would like to know your comments and suggestions regarding what should be my future course of action. Sorry for such a long post, will be eagerly waiting for your replies.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

rao166

Post by rao166 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:17 pm

did you get the earnings point or not?

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:37 pm

Nothing is mentioned on my letter but I assume I got them.
The only reason for my refusal mentioned in the letter is non-verification of my previous employer references.

rao166

Post by rao166 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:03 pm

Y dont u take a exp letter on new letterhead pad and send with ur review request but first ask them on phone.

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:16 pm

Y dont u take a exp letter on new letterhead pad and send with ur review request but first ask them on phone.
Rao, since I am planning for a free review I can not send any new evidence. I would be required to create my review case on the basis of the documentation sent by me at the time of application.

Since, I had sent the updated employer contact numbers/information with my original documentation, I feel I have a decent chance at review.

My chance at review is if HSMP team agrees they ignored some crucial information which would have enabled them to contact my previous employer.

umerhoustan
Newly Registered

Post by umerhoustan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:58 pm

By the way! Do they verify all the experience even from previous employers? and what if the previous company has already got closed.

sohail

Post by sohail » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:46 pm

Dear maverick_76

I am much sure,they only send the verification for the candidates who have got 65 marks, if the marks were less than 65, then they won't bother High comission to verify the documents!!!

Thnaks

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:33 pm

umerhoustan - I spoke to my case worker and he said its a random selection done by HSMP team

sohail - I also think that is the case as my decision letter clearly says I got refused explicitly because of non-verifiability of my reference letters.

Would require more suggestions from people on how do i go about the review. Waiting ....

maverick_76

Sample Review Lettter

Post by maverick_76 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:32 am

I have created the first draft of my review. Let me know what you think about this. Any comments/suggestions will be really appreciated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had applied for HSMP on June 1, 2005, and the reference number provided to me was xxxxxx. I have received my decision letter as "refused”, and I would like to bring certain facts to your notice in my review, which could help you assess my situation better.

My refusal letter states –

“… Unfortunately, the British High Commission in Mumbai have been unable to verify the employment references provided from Company2 and Company 3, and we cannot therefore be satisfied that you meet the requirements of the HSMP arrangements. For this reason, we have been unable to approve the application …”

Brief Background on my employment history as mentioned in my original application (Most recent first) –

No.......Company Name........Tenure.....................................Verified

1.........Company 1.............3 years...................................Verified
2.........Company 2.............2 years and 1 months...............Not Verified
3.........Company 3.............1 year and 9 months.................Not Verified

Technically, if the references from my previous employer i.e. Company 2 would have been verified, I would have been eligible for 25 points as my total experience of current employer and this employer is greater than 5 years.

Reasons that I feel, why my previous employer references could not have been verified –
· The contact details on the reference letter were three year old, and since then the phone numbers of Company 2 had changed.

· Secondly, Company 2 is located in Gurgaon, which is a satellite town of New Delhi. I feel if my papers had been sent to British High Commission New Delhi rather than Mumbai, it would have been easier to contact them. The phone number changes are easy to track from local area than from remote.

Reasons: Why HSMP should reconsider my application?

I had provided all the information by which HSMP team could have contacted my previous employer i.e. Company 2. The information was provided on the letter titled as “Work Experience Explanation” and was part of my original application.

This had the following information –
· Company contact details including the updated phone numbers for Company 2. (If this information would not have been ignored, HSMP team could have contacted my previous employer)

· I had provided the website address of Company 2, which also had the updated contact information. (If this information would not have been ignored, HSMP team could have contacted my previous employer)

I had updated all the facts and information required by home office to verify my application and documents. I had spent a good amount of time and energy to prepare my application and collect all the requisite data. I believe if my support documentation had not been ignored, HSMP would have been able to verify my employer references.

umerhoustan
Newly Registered

Post by umerhoustan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:10 pm

thanks for reply but my main question is still there ...
what if the previous company has already been closed. Should i mention it in my application and how they verify it ?

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:36 pm

If its closed, you can mention that in your application. Also, you would be required to give some contact number of then Directors or your superiors. This information is also present in guidance note. I suggest you go through it in detail.