ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

August 2005 applicants!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Feminine manager
Newly Registered

August 2005 applicants!

Post by Feminine manager » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi! I'm August 2005 applicant. I understand there's special calculator on this site, but still, are there many of us waiting for so long and wtihout job offers? Any fresh news? even gossip, rumors? am grateful for all your replies. :)

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:02 pm

Well, I am an end of May 2005 applicant and im starting my eighth week here and have yet to have my application considered. I would suggest that you prepare yourself for an up to three month wait. It depends on all sorts of factors, but there are threads on here that suggest people that get approval in 5 days, which, at least in my case, made me panic and worry that my application was abnormal and about to be rejected. These are exceptional cases rather than the norm. Also, I suspect that there could be some backlog given the rush of applicants around April when the new fees went into effect and the increase in trainees at that time as well. All you can do is put your application in the best you can and hope for the best. Besides, in the instance of moving abroad and changing ones life completely, time is always best on your side.

There is a calculator- but that was used for the 2004 applications- thats back a number of threads, I wonder if one of the mods could sticky that? It was a little off in my case.

Also- read the threads about who got acceptance/rejection and when they applied- the ones that are stickied at the top of this forum.

Feminine manager
Newly Registered

2004!!!

Post by Feminine manager » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:14 am

I MEANT 2004!!!