ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:06 pm

ILR timelines reported have got nothing to do with Tier 1 ILR apps. There are some workpermit holders set(O) who applied in december haven't got their doucments back yet. So It may be due to nov -dec timeframe. Another development si recently submitted Set(M) applications are being granted but ones submitted in december timeframe are still not processed. Hopefully In april things should move fast.

uklondonuser

Post by uklondonuser » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... tingtimes/

new guidance from home office says it may take upto 6 mnths :(

bsbs

at least

Post by bsbs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 pm

At least they have updated the web site with correct information.

Bhumi

Is this for ILR application?

Post by Bhumi » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 am

hi guys,

This is the link from home office website...stating that tier 1 can apply in person...Kindly advise whether this is for tier 1 visa or for ILR...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sopendoors

thx,

bsbs

Re: Is this for ILR application?

Post by bsbs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Bhumi wrote:hi guys,

This is the link from home office website...stating that tier 1 can apply in person...Kindly advise whether this is for tier 1 visa or for ILR...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sopendoors

thx,
That is Tier 1 VISA not the ILR application.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:36 pm

So, what's the situation now? Can Tier 1 to ILR be made in person or not??

Very strange why HSMP -> ILR can be made in person but not TIER 1 -> ILR

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:25 pm

rg1 wrote:So, what's the situation now? Can Tier 1 to ILR be made in person or not??

No they can't as per the new form's instruction guidelines.

Only HO can answer your question.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Hope it will be changed in a few months' time as Tier 1 is the replacement of HSMP.
bsbs wrote:
rg1 wrote:So, what's the situation now? Can Tier 1 to ILR be made in person or not??

No they can't as per the new form's instruction guidelines.

Only HO can answer your question.

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:08 pm

Has anyone tried booking an premium appointment for ILR from Tier1?

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 am

I called the HO today morning.

She confirmed that I can apply for ILR premium service from 06/Apr/2009 even if Iam in Tier 1.

She read the guidelines like "anyone can apply for ILR in person from 06/April when they are in point based system". so she mentioned that I can apply in person.

I tols her guidelines doesn't reflect your views, she advise me to send an email to HO and request for a written confirmation.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 am

uklondonuser wrote:http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... tingtimes/

:cry: I wonder why?? Is this some sort of conspiracy or a larger scheme - this is absolutely ridiculous !!!!

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 am

That sounds good.

Nowadays I'm quite worried sending passports via post.

erutku
Newly Registered

Post by erutku » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Read all 4 pages. I've sent my SET(O) with HSMP application back in Feb.

Date I received the confirmation letter: 18 Feb 2009.

Called HO today and got nothing because it hasn't been 14 weeks as everyone.

My questions are:
1- if I can get an appointment in Croydon, then I have to withdraw my postal application to get my documents back. any idea how long will it take them to get me back my documents?
2- has anyone (or know anyone) who tried this? any problems?
3- if this can work out any tips getting a date in Croydon? when they release new dates? etc?

cheers,

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I called HO today again and they did confirmed again that Tier1 migrant can apply in person. Upon my asking that their new forms still says that Tier1 migrant can not apply for premium service, the lady on the phone told me that they have the new guidelines and as per 6th April 2009, Tier1 migrant can apply for ILR SET(O) in person.

For appointments, they are fully booked in advance for 6 weeks for SET(O) applications with dependants i.e. upto 18th May in Crydon, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool. For 19th May appointment, one should call tomorrow.

If someone has already submitted their SET(O) form and would like to have appointment, then the correct way is to first withdraw their application which could take 10 working days and then call again to get an appointment.
erutku wrote:Hi Guys,

My questions are:
1- if I can get an appointment in Croydon, then I have to withdraw my postal application to get my documents back. any idea how long will it take them to get me back my documents?
3- if this can work out any tips getting a date in Croydon? when they release new dates? etc?

cheers,

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:17 pm

aaanjoo wrote:I called HO today again and they did confirmed again that Tier1 migrant can apply in person. Upon my asking that their new forms still says that Tier1 migrant can not apply for premium service, the lady on the phone told me that they have the new guidelines and as per 6th April 2009, Tier1 migrant can apply for ILR SET(O) in person.

For appointments, they are fully booked in advance for 6 weeks for SET(O) applications with dependants i.e. upto 18th May in Crydon, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool. For 19th May appointment, one should call tomorrow.

If someone has already submitted their SET(O) form and would like to have appointment, then the correct way is to first withdraw their application which could take 10 working days and then call again to get an appointment.

My questions are:

cheers,
If it's possible then it's really a good news. At least people can apply in person and hoepfully those applied by post will a get a quick reply. I think if someone wants to withdraw they should forget the amount they have paid. It's almost 2 months I have posted my application, not a good time to withdraw. New applicants must go for the same day service.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:32 pm

winduser wrote:Thank you ViperWiper...!

I emailed earlier today my local MP and cc London & South East CSU and the Home Office Matthew Coats.

As soon as I hear anything I will post it here..
Hey Winduser,

any updates on your end? Any response from HO or your locla MP - I wrote to my MP and got no response - then I went to his website and found the follwoing comment
"Andrew has refused to be silenced on the issue of migration"

So looks like he won't be looking at helping out migrants in the near future :wink:

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I was also told the same thing today.
aaanjoo wrote:I called HO today again and they did confirmed again that Tier1 migrant can apply in person. Upon my asking that their new forms still says that Tier1 migrant can not apply for premium service, the lady on the phone told me that they have the new guidelines and as per 6th April 2009, Tier1 migrant can apply for ILR SET(O) in person.

My questions are:

cheers,

winduser
Newly Registered

Post by winduser » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 pm

heya, its me... no news here.. neither from the home office nor from my MP..am getting more and more frustrated and desperate...i came here in 2002 as a student, aged 22... you can imagine what a lovely way to spend my twenties in this romance with the british system... i've got a ticket booked for may 1 to see my family and a very close friend of mine... besides, my further studies and funding depend entirely on this ILR application. all might be too late.

I went to g20 protests on April fools' day to witness another side of the British empire heritage...

as soon as i get any update i'll post it here... good luck, everybody...

erutku
Newly Registered

Post by erutku » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 am

I wrote to my MP yesterday and I filed a complaint to HO today. 6 months of wait for any application which actually takes half a day is unacceptable.

It's not ok when they say service level is 14 weeks or 6 months. That does not make it acceptable. No private company with this kind of service level would survive.

I'm living in this country for 5 years and I have a business. I haven't seen any Corporation Tax, NI Contributions, VAT, Council Tax, TV license, Car Tax or any other government related payment due has been delayed more than 4 weeks without a REMINDER LETTER come through my door.

I don't see Indefinite Leave to Remain application as a right, it's ok as a privilege. I don't have a problem with the rules and regulations. This is a complaint about THE SERVICE LEVEL the Home Office is providing me.

Unfortunately, when there is 6 months of waiting time for half a day job, this looks like Home Office is trying to DISMAY applicants by slowing down the work and by keeping our passports. Only to create FURTHER frustration with the government. In these difficult times where we would want to create collaboration and good will between minorities, we’re frustrating them instead.

I came here to work in this country because they needed highly skilled migrants to work in skilled jobs and contribute to the economy. At the time (end of 2003, start of 2004) they were granting HSMP in a week!

Now we have a credit crunch and unemployment is raising FAST. So they don't want any more people coming in. They want already unemployed fill in the jobs. So they slow down the applications.

I can't blame them. They have to manage the population. However, I believe DISMAYING not the correct way of CONROLLING immigration to this country, REGULATING MORE is.

Utku.

My questions are:

cheers,
Last edited by erutku on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 am

ViperWiper wrote:
uklondonuser wrote:http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresi ... tingtimes/

:cry: I wonder why?? Is this some sort of conspiracy or a larger scheme - this is absolutely ridiculous !!!!
Bolstering their business plan, perhaps? They'll need the extra cash if pre-April 06 HSMP holders start suing :)

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:17 am

I sent an emauil to LSECSU - not expecting a response - but lets see - the email below, if someone wants to use it

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently in the UK on Tier1 (General) visa and I need your help with an outstanding issue with HO.

I applied for indefinite leave to remain on 21st Dec 2008 and I have not received any update on the application other than the acknowledgement letter that you sent giving the reference number and the fact that the application fee has been deducted from my credit card. Further, at the time of application the 'waiting times' section on your website indicated that the application will be dealt with in 14 weeks, it has been about 16 weeks since I applied and I have no response.

Further, the metrics that you have on your website on the processing times has not been updated for well over a year now, is it possible to get it updated, to just have some indicator as to till what date (the date of application received) all backlog has been cleared, this will give one a sense of processing timelines.

Based on the timelines that HO had published for processing the application, I had made some travel plans, is there any way that my application can be fast tracked given that I have already waited for 14 weeks and need to travel. I am sure you will be able to appreciate the fact, that it is not possible or practical for me to cancel my application as I am a Tier1 migrant and I can only apply through post and also given the cost involved, it should only be fair that my application is dealt with and my passports returned.

Please let me know who I should contact to:
- Get the most upto date status on my application
- Get my application fast tracked.

Thanks and regards,

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

I checked again with HO today and they again confirmed that from 06/Apr we can apply for ILR in person for Tier 1.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Guys, SET(O) form guidance is updated again. Tier1 general migrant can apply for ilr in person.

12 APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person
at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs). This service is
available only for applications which are straightforward
and do not require further enquiries. The premium rate of
£1020 has to be paid for this service - plus £50 per dependant
if any are applying with you.
The premium service is not available for applications as a
businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed
lawyer, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Innovator).

satish.pand wrote:I checked again with HO today and they again confirmed that from 06/Apr we can apply for ILR in person for Tier 1.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:32 pm

aaanjoo wrote:Guys, SET(O) form guidance is updated again. Tier1 general migrant can apply for ilr in person.

12 APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person
at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs). This service is
available only for applications which are straightforward
and do not require further enquiries. The premium rate of
£1020 has to be paid for this service - plus £50 per dependant
if any are applying with you.
The premium service is not available for applications as a
businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed
lawyer, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Innovator).

satish.pand wrote:I checked again with HO today and they again confirmed that from 06/Apr we can apply for ILR in person for Tier 1.
At last they have updated the guide line document. It's a good news. Now Tier1 can apply personally.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 pm

It is good they have updated the SETO) form adding tier 1 and tier 2 to the premium service list. One of the agents mentioned that they are giving appointments from March 2 and it is confirmed now.