ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 pm

re: dtjesus

is ur earning & education from UK or outside........

u can write bk to ho and can tell u r not satisfied from their answer......+ ask why andwt kind of extended chk they r doing
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:01 pm

re: dtjesus
or u can contact to some half decent solicitor so he can write to ho in lanuage which they batter understand ....... u know wt i mean
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Student to Tier 1 (G) UK: Does it Really Take Forever??

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Re : "raxs1983

Just checked my email but no email from You
try kingfahad35@hotmail.com or arshad_maqbool_bhatti@hotmail.com
Waiting 4 ur response
Resent
x

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:59 pm

dtjesus wrote:Hil all,
I wrote to the HO about my case being very delayed. Just received a letter saying that there are 'extended checks' going on.
Has anybody else had this one?

Student to Tier 1 (UK)
Application received Payment acknowledged : 25th Nov 08
Hello mate,

I must be sorry to have learnt about your delay. How about you make an official compalint via email - UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

PM m your email address. I will draft a letter for you. (ppl say I am good at writting nasty emails in sophisticated way). Send it to HO. Complieance dept are obliged to respond in 5 working days. I am not going to paint blue sky for you, but surly it will hav HO case worker move his a** a bit.

Thanks,
Rakesh

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:re: dtjesus

is ur earning & education from UK or outside........

u can write bk to ho and can tell u r not satisfied from their answer......+ ask why andwt kind of extended chk they r doing
My earning is from outside uk which was verified in jan 09 and apparently they were quite satisfied as told to me by my ex employer. my masters is from uk greenwich uni which i dont think would have needed much verification.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
I wrote to the HO about my case being very delayed. Just received a letter saying that there are 'extended checks' going on.

Student to Tier 1 (UK)
Hello mate,

I must be sorry to have learnt about your delay. How about you make an official compalint via email - UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

PM m your email address. I will draft a letter for you. (ppl say I am good at writting nasty emails in sophisticated way). Send it to HO. Complieance dept are obliged to respond in 5 working days. I am not going to paint blue sky for you, but surly it will hav HO case worker move his a** a bit.

Thanks,
Rakesh
Thanks Rakesh for the offer. I wonder if raising a comlaint/getting a solicitor to write a letter might jeapordize the case. Do you think the caseworker might reject the visa under the pressure of making a quick decision?

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Re : dtjesus

If ur case is genuine --> then why u r worried

Rax given u right suggestion

If u like to wait - DECISION is ur's ..........

Anyway Who given u this information :arrow: " Do you think the caseworker might reject the visa under the pressure of making a quick decision? " :arrow:
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:49 pm

dtjesus wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:

Student to Tier 1 (UK)
Hello mate,

Thanks,
Rakesh
Thanks Rakesh for the offer. I wonder if raising a comlaint/getting a solicitor to write a letter might jeapordize the case. Do you think the caseworker might reject the visa under the pressure of making a quick decision?
Why on planet earth case worker will reject your case, if he/she doesnt have any ground to do so. I dont believe in solicitor. For me, people who has something to hide, hires a solicitor. A plain letter to show them your concern doesnt make any negative impact on your application. Here is my massive argument with Home Office - I am in open fight with them even though I already have my Visa

Paul

I must thank you for your email below, however, I still have concerns of my own.

Please find the outlined Contradictions on your findings. By doing so, I must not disrespect any parties involved nor being rude.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:55 AM, IND Public Enquiries <UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

Dear Mr Patel,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 16th February 2009. I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service you received when you contacted the Immigration Enquiry Bureau (IEB) regarding your Tier 1 (General) application. Complaints about the way in which staff carry out their duties are taken seriously and the matters you raise have therefore been fully investigated.

All calls received in IEB are recorded for training and evaluation purposes. In order for your complaint to be fully investigated, it was considered appropriate to listen to the call that you made to IEB.
I called your mobile number 07903733399 - I did not receive any calls where by my mobile is on 24x7. I must accept your honesty and apologies for the fact that you had to try several times.

I traced one call made to IEB on 5th January 2009 at 14.48 from 02079936579. Details of this call are below: - My sincere thanks to you

In this call you asked if it was acceptable to submit bank statements from 3rd November 2008 until 31st January 2009. The Telephone Officer advised you that your bank statements would need to cover the last 3 months prior to submitting the application. You stated you were unable to provide bank statements for the last 3 months due to there being a shortfall of 2 days. You were advised that you may submit a letter from your bank confirming that you have had a minimum of £800 everyday for the last 3 months. You asked if the letter from the bank would need to be dated from 3rd November 2008 to the 31st January 2009 and the Telephone Officer said yes. – Beyond this I do remember asking Ms Somasunder that, How and why would bank issue me a letter with the future dates and I again confirmed with her the fact that Statements from 3rd November 2008 till 31st January 2009 will be accepted and rest can be added on at later stage? IEB Advisor stick to her answer.

Having listened to the call that you made to IEB I can confirm that the Telephone Officer that you spoke to did not provide you with accurate information and the high level of customer service which you are entitled to expect . All supporting documents must be submitted with the Tier 1 (General) application form. I sincerely apologies for this and for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. – I accept the apology but I don’t know due to the mistake of IEB advisor what consequences I will be facing on my application? Who will liable for the negative outcome on my application, if any?

In your complaint you also state that the Telephone Officer had informed you that her superior confirmed the information she provided was correct. The agent did not state this during the call. – I am 110% sure on this. If there is any disbelief about this, please listen to the call again. I asked the IEB Advisor “very clearlyâ€

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 am

Gr8 Rax
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 am

kingfahad35 wrote:Gr8 Rax
Any update on ur case mate? If you do, call thm after 4pm to HO to find the status. I was told by HO advisor tht all the status get updated around 4pm.

x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:35 am

[quote="raxs1983"][

Rax give me HO number to tack application
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:36 am

kingfahad35 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:[

Rax give me HO number to tack application
08706067766 Option 1
Thanks,
R

xxbade

Extended checks!!!!!!!!

Post by xxbade » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 pm

I had to complain to the MP of my trouble with HO, so he wrote them for me beginning of march, they just replied saying they kept my file on hold for extended checks, the letter also says that they need to do this in some cases. I just dont get the extended checks, this is my second application, for one year, have they not had enough time to do checks?? I was given the name and contact details of the manager in charge of my case so i have written her and waiting for a reply.
So strange

mbasmart

Re: Extended checks!!!!!!!!

Post by mbasmart » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I was on a student visa when I applied for hsmp last year. In December 08, my hsmp was approved. When i got this approval, i didnt have maintenance funds. so i immediately started working on it. now, my bank statement is ready and i m gonna switch my immigration status from student to tier1 general, soon.

In the meantime, my student visa expired on January 31, 2009 and I’ve currently sent my passport to the home office for student visa extension. It is mentioned in Tier1 (General) application form, the applicant is not able to submit a further fresh application if any other application (for further leave to remain/ extension) is currently being considered in the Home Office. However, they can, if they wish, vary the grounds of the existing application (Reference: Tier1 General Application Form Page22).

If the applicant makes it absolutely clear that the new grounds are to be considered instead of the grounds put forward initially, then the original grounds need not be considered.

As per Chapter 1, section 5 of the Immigration directorate, I would like to vary the grounds of my existing application for student visa extension. I am gonna request HO to consider new grounds instead of old ones i.e. consider my application to switch my immigration status from student visa to Tier1 (General). I m gonna request them to transfer my application to the relevant department. Initially i m gonna write a simple letter to the team processing my extension application. if they give me a go-ahead in writing, i will provide them:

Tier1 (General) Application Form, HSMP approval letter, A cheque for the correct fee (GBP 350), Bank statement covering three months, Bank letter for maintenance funds etc.

What do u think guys? specially seniors? urgent please... coz i m gonna send this letter tomorrow... cant afford to make any mistake at this stage.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 am

flygirl - any news on ur application yet? sorry, dint mean to pester yu
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Guys

Some thing has been dispatched for me today by Home Office
Through Special Delivery .................

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Ref : 28-02-2009
01-04-2008 Ho Rang my emp
07-04-2008 Rang Ho ( Some thing has been dispatched )
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:19 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Hi Guys

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Yo're time is now mate - wish yu a plenty... i ll be desprate to hear your good news tmrw...
x

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:28 pm

"raxs1983"

Thanks My Fri........... Just Can not Wait .....me like :?

Thx 4 ur best Wishes......
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:29 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:"raxs1983"

Thanks My Fri........... Just Can not Wait .....me like :?

Thx 4 ur best Wishes......
you dont worry mate - take a chill, like u said to me - you have it stamped for 3 years, i can see tht before you do :)

x

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:22 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Hi Guys

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Congrats kingfahad! That is real good news and a ray of hope for us all still waiting. Did u apply with home earnings or UK earnings.

Flygirl, any update?
Good things come to those who wait.................

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Re "hoopsy"
Thanks my fri.............
My earning and education was from UK..............
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Re "hoopsy"
Thanks my fri.............
My earning and education was from UK..............
Goodness me!!!!! And it still took so much time? Well, may God help those of us with home earnings still awaiting consideration and further consideration.........Hmmmmmmmmmm
Good things come to those who wait.................

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 pm

quote="hoopsy"

ur application is delay only bcz of Home earning..... it is longer procedure for verification.............so keep tracking.....max time 12-14 weeks
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Tracking number HO given me for Parcel,

I can not track any thing on Royal Mail webSite
:(
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Tracking number HO given me for Parcel,

I can not track any thing on Royal Mail webSite
:(
Oopsyy-- didnt see that coming... Usually they are trackable soon after its picked up by RM. But if the item isnt been scanned by 2.30 pm tyhan you may not see it till late this evening. Chances are that it will still be delievred to you tomorrow.

When I had ref no I could track it on RM's website. However as it didnt turn up till 2pm on Saturday, I called them up and they said you will not recieve it today since it hasnt been loaded on Van for today's delivery. GUESS what, delivery turned up whilst i was on the fone with them

Dont worry - you are fine. I am sure u'll get your passport with visa tmrw

x