ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!!Visa Refusal!!!, Help!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prettypolitical

!!!Visa Refusal!!!, Help!!!

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:11 am

My husband first came to the Uk in 2003 and claimed asylum, due to the fact that he had a same sex relationship whilst still in country of origin, which as a reult of came lots of trouble and retaliation, hence the trip to the UK.
To cut a long story short it all came to an end and his asylum claim failed at the begining of 2004, and he disappeared into the system.
I initially met my husband in November 2005, but did not start having a relationship with him until January 2006.
My husband has had relationships with women before and after this claim of asylum.
We have been together since this time, we went and got married in his country of origin in December 2008, and we have children together!.
We submitted an application for the settlement visa, although months later it has been refused, mainly on the fact that they do not believe he will stay with me after the 2 year probationary period!! We have been together for over three years now, I havent got all the paperwork to state exactly what they have refused this on, however I am waiting so I can prepare our appeal.
I am in the UK and he is there! I feel so sad and feel for our kids.
I can understand there decison in a way but how many same sex xouples split just because he had a relationship with a man before does not mean to say that our relationship will be anyless successful than anyone else.
HELP and ADVICE!!! anyone! :cry:
???REUNITED???

republique
BANNED

Re: !!!Visa Refusal!!!, Help!!!

Post by republique » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 am

prettypolitical wrote:My husband first came to the Uk in 2003 and claimed asylum, due to the fact that he had a same gender relationship whilst still in country of origin, which as a reult of came lots of trouble and retaliation, hence the trip to the UK.
To cut a long story short it all came to an end and his asylum claim failed at the begining of 2004, and he disappeared into the system.
I initially met my husband in November 2005, but did not start having a relationship with him until January 2006.
My husband has had relationships with women before and after this claim of asylum.
We have been together since this time, we went and got married in his country of origin in December 2008, and we have children together!.
We submitted an application for the settlement visa, although months later it has been refused, mainly on the fact that they do not believe he will stay with me after the 2 year probationary period!! We have been together for over three years now, I havent got all the paperwork to state exactly what they have refused this on, however I am waiting so I can prepare our appeal.
I can understand there decison in a way but how many same gender xouples split just because he had a relationship with a man before does not mean to say that our relationship will be anyless successful than anyone else.
So everyone is of the same gender??
Anyway, there is nothing to discuss until you provide the exact wording of the refusal

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 am

Not saying everyone is of the same sex, although you should not be discriminated against for making choices in life which may seem right at the time, and yes i am going to post the exact wording on here when I am able to obtain it!!!!
???REUNITED???

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:38 am

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear about the refusal of the application.

& I hope that the appeal is lodged successfully.

I am concerned about your children, and I do think that Home Office and Foreign Office will have to look back at some genuine cases and cut down the time for these. My case was decided in 9 months and my wife was with my daughter on her own for all this time.I was given a DNA test after which the case went in my favour. I cant understand why the process takes so long and why isn't the process fair. My be one day the FSA should quiz them as they seem to make a lot of money by refusals & appeals from innocent taxpayers whose only fault is that they marry someone for outside this country!

If it has taken some time now, I don't think appeal would be that long.
the positive thing is you two have children together.
And that makes it a genuine relationship. You have every right to take this decision to high court and fight.

If it isnt alot of cost, try and see if you can visit his home country.. might as well be good to show the genuineness of your marriage.

Wishing you the best of luck

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for that I totally agree with what you have said and infact he returned to his country of origin two weeks before I arrived with the children, and after two weeks we got married which was planned, although this trip had been planned 18 months previous.

All my kids ask for is their Dad and I feel helpless because I do not have the answers which they are looking for.

I am hoping when they finally deceide to send the notice we can get to work, although we are worried because I am going to have to do most of it and seek free legal advice as I dont have the sort of money that they are asking, and the solicitor who dealt with it initially charged 750.00 GBP and did not do anything that I couldnt have done, I do understand that it will probably be complex and that I will have to examine this on receiving it!!!!

How long does it take when you have resubmited the application for the appeal, because they really took the biscuit with timescale!!!!

Maybe just to punish us a little more they will take their time, I have no faith in them at all.
???REUNITED???

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:05 pm

It is very difficult to establish that how long will it take, every case has its own grounds, and hence the timescale.

Solicitors are generally useless, All they care for is your money, they only REPRESENT you and try and find a law in the book which could help, half the time it dont work!

I reckon it will hopefully be within 2-3 months your appeal could be heard, it may be less , it could unfortunately be more.
Try and Get a letter from you local MP.

Help from local newspapers is also good. i.e a plea letter from your children for return of their daddy!

I am sorry that this is no professional advice, but I have seen this in the past and can totally understand your feelings.

AncientAlien

Re: !!!Visa Refusal!!!, Help!!!

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 am

prettypolitical wrote:My husband first came to the Uk in 2003 and claimed asylum, due to the fact that he had a same gender relationship whilst still in country of origin, which as a reult of came lots of trouble and retaliation, hence the trip to the UK.
I can understand there decison in a way but how many same gender xouples split just because he had a relationship with a man before does not mean to say that our relationship will be anyless successful than anyone else.

Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz (Please share with others if it works for you!)
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks!, for your comments and I do agree that they love to take our money and this will never change, my children are a little young to write any sort of letter.
All I want is for us to be a family again this situation is having detrimentle effect on the children and myself and I cant help but feel like no one cares!!!
I understand that they are trying to safeguard people against being took for a ride, however our relationship is more genuine than life itself.
How do I prove that it is genuine as they feel that it may not be genuine, what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have not justspent over three years together to let these people destroy our lives and our childrens live.
Has anyone ever heard of a case like this????, just out of interest!
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:27 pm

How can it be genuine when he is gay ? .

This sounds like a case of him playing with your heart so he can get a visa :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 pm

RattleSnake wrote:How can it be genuine when he is gay ? .

This sounds like a case of him playing with your heart so he can get a visa :(
You do realise this thread is over six months old?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:15 pm

My husband had a relationship with a guy 7 years ago and had problems in his country through this and came here.

He was confused at this time and I have now been with my husband 4 years thankyou very much.....so yes have ur own opinions but we are happy and its something of the past....dont condem everyone cos ur sister had a bad experience not everyone is like that.

We are happily married...and my husband is here in the UK...oh and yes as pointed out the post is ages old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if you read the posts related to this you may understand...whats happened!!!
???REUNITED???

rinav

Post by rinav » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:55 pm

good luck prettypolictical...

and ignore comments made by people who have nothing better to do with their time than evaluate others relationships...its the last thing you need to hear when you are going through this difficult time...its heartless and ignorant to make such comments...

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:25 pm

rinav Thanks for that, I know some people are very narrowminded which I suppose is not their fault....

and I am not going to let anyone tell me rubbish like that.....I know how it is so thats all I care about!!!!
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Narrow minded .... oh jog on !!! . You may think you are better than me but sadly you are not ...... far FAR from it :lol: .

Reading this thread made me laugh , i guess that says it all :wink: :lol: .

I have actually been talking about this tonight , you are now famous in my village , be proud :) :D :D

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Rattlesnake,

I am glad you found my situation so important to talk about...im impressed!!!!

As for thinking i am better than anyone that is far from the case...

And as for being so rude...which you certainly are.....and coming onto this forum with a bad attitude..well all i can say is you wont get very far on here not the sort of attitude people take kindly too.

And besides i have done no wrong to you and that is that!!!!!!!
???REUNITED???

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 pm

rattlesnake

Do you get pleasure from other people's misery?..

These forums are for people to get help and advice through difficult and stressful times...

You seem to go on here to entertain yourself...

I'm sure you can find some other hobby...I am embarrassed for you...

I have read some of your post and just cos your sister was taken for a ride does not mean that everyone is the same...

Your pervious comment is pathetic and immature...I hope you are embarrassed of yourself...you need to grow up..

Your sister never came to you with her problems untilo the end stages...and to be honest if this is how you behave I'm not surprised she couldn't confide in you...

Prettypolitical

I would say that moving forward that wwe dont bother responding to rattlesnakes pathetic comments as its not worth our time...

Let's go back to what these forums are here for and thats helping people and getting advice...

Neither of us log on here to hear the comments of ignorant rude sick individuals..

If someone has the authority to delete rattlesnakes posts then this might be the best solution...

Good Luck Prettypolitical and god help you rattlesnake cos you are in need if it more than anyone.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Rinav well said, I totally agree with you on that one...I have been on this forum for around 7 months and in all my time I have never insulted or offended anyone to my knowledge...of course I have had my opinion, although I hope I have never come across in such a manner to offend or upset anyone intentionally.

My purpose of joining this forum was to recieve help and to offer others help!!!

Once again Rinav....THANKS!
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Actually Rinav , the thread starter made the "narrowminded" comments and started acting like she was something special .

Your post is heavily offensive and rude , why try and start a argument will silly little comments like "pathetic" "immature" and " ignorant rude sick individuals" .

Im sorry if i found it shocking that a female married a gay man , i have never heard of anything like that in my life , but that does not give you the right to come on here and start going very abusive for no reason . If you are looking for arguments on the internet Rinav , please dont try with me as i have no interest in it .

This will be my last reply in this thread , and i would appreciate if you keep your abuse away from me Rinav .

This post is not directed to the person that started this thread by the way , it is directed to Rinav and his/her last post which is way out of line .

I wont be replying in this thread again .

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 pm

preetypolitical

your welcome...please kep us posted about situation...

take care

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Rattlesnake.....I have taken no offence to your post I was just a little annoyed.......

And like I said previous I dont think I am any better than anyone else...to be honest!

"Im sorry if i found it shocking that a female married a gay man"

The fact you seem to be missing is that my hubby is not Gay......he had a relationship with one guy....one guy.....years and years ago......which does not make him GAY......

There are plenty of individuals in this world that make the wrong choice in life and that seems to be what happened....and if someone wants to make a life choice that is allowed and they should not be condemmed for that!!!!!!

Lets make a fresh start..I dont like bad air and I am not a hostile person.....

Like I have said thing of the past blah blah blah.....we have been together for years survived all this situaton together....married....kids together and been living happily for years...no doubt in my mind that I am not been played....been there before and done that!!!....unfortuantely!

So lets forget it hey????
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks for the post PrettyPolitical .

Yes lets make a fresh start , i did not mean to offend you at 1st , but my post after the narrowminded comment was meant to offend as i was offended by that comment .

Im sorry for that :(

And urgh yes i said i would not reply in this thread again so this is not me typing it is my dog :wink: :lol: .

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeah I can understand why someone would be shocked....I suppose you have to be in it to understand if that makes any sense!!!

Narrowminded...perhaps a bit harsh....sorry :oops: ....my apologies!!!!

That dog is very clever!!! ha ha ha ha ha
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes he is urgh i mean i am .. *barks* ... *wags tail* . hehe ;)

I can be fairly negative about marrage visas because of what went on with my sister , she was not a innocent victi though , i think she knew her marrage was fake but seemed to think the guy once he got here would fall madly in love with her , she is a single mum though and had dreams and wished for the best from him ... it did not work out how she thought it would .

Because of that i have been to negative towards you , so i am sorry .

*hugs* .

I must go soon , Supernatural is on 11 ... not that im the geekish type that has already seen every episode but still watches all the repeate showings .. honest !!! :D :D :D

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:33 pm

I know its such a shame.....I suppose when you want something bad enough....you will try anything...and I have been in the exact position...trust me you just want it to be real!!!...I know how she feels.....I could write a book...its very hard to know who is genuine especially when you long for something...hey!!!

I just hope she doesnt get much more hurt than already has been....its a rubbish situation to be in and i can totally understand your initial reaction to that....That is why it is hard to believe people are genuine!!!

Catch you soon....ha ha ha ha
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Hows things ? Having a good week ? :D