ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inviting my aunt

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pinky22

inviting my aunt

Post by pinky22 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:46 pm

I am planning on inviting my aunt to help me with my baby after giving birth. i want to sponsor her stay and everything, i would like her to apply for a visiting visa as she will be here for more than 4months.
can someone please tell me how to go on about it and how much i need to have in my acount to do this. my parents are over here but my mum is very busy with work and as its my first i would like someone older to be around me all the time.
she would be comin from nigeria, she doesnt work so have no bank account and stuff like that, she lives in the village so all the proof they need has to be coming from me. any help at all will be apprieciated.
thanks guys

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi,

I am posting this link from UK visas, I hope this helps.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... f3sponsors

If your Aunt is a proper relative, you might want to look into Family visit visa category.

Goodluck.

AncientAlien

Re: inviting my aunt

Post by AncientAlien » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 am

pinky22 wrote:I am planning on inviting my aunt to help me with my baby after giving birth. i want to sponsor her stay and everything, i would like her to apply for a visiting visa as she will be here for more than 4months.
can someone please tell me how to go on about it and how much i need to have in my acount to do this. my parents are over here but my mum is very busy with work and as its my first i would like someone older to be around me all the time.
she would be comin from nigeria, she doesnt work so have no bank account and stuff like that, she lives in the village so all the proof they need has to be coming from me. any help at all will be apprieciated.
thanks guys

Hi Good people

I know some us us are struggling with finances and some can't even get a job until they get a decision with their passports from the HO. Therefore, it is EXPENSIVE calling those 0870/0845xxxxxxxxx numbers that the Home office generally provides.
Don't give up, now you can call Home Office for free, just check out www.saynoto0870.com and you will be provided with a local 0208/0151/0161xxxxxx number where you can contact HO for FREE! The actual number is 01516725626. (But log on to www.saynoto0870.com and confirm for yourself)
Especially if you have a pay monthly home or mobile telephone contract. You can still call from a pay as you go mobile but the charge rate will be like you are calling your neighbour next door on any 0208xxxxxxxx number.
Good luck Razz (Please share with others if it works for you!)
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy.”-Lord Denning