ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO takes 1st LTR on paper after ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kums4u
Newly Registered

HO takes 1st LTR on paper after ILR

Post by kums4u » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi experts,

I applied my ILR through solicitors and choose the premium service. Myself and my family were granted ILR successfully yesterday (I should thank everyone here for the level of support and information available for people needing support).

While the happiness sinks in, I came to know from the solicitors that HO took my 1st LTR which was on a paper (not stamped to the passport) claiming that it was no longer valid and HO's policy is to take it and destroy it as it is no longer valid (because of being on a paper).

I'm confused and worried, while I understand my ILR may have all the details.

My question is, is this right? if they thought it is an invalid document hey should have done it in the previous two FLTR applications which they never did.

Can someone help me here?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:42 am

Your ILR has superseded all previous LTRs.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.