ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some quick questions while applying for british passport!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

User

Some quick questions while applying for british passport!

Post by User » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:50 am

Hi All,

I know thei nformation i am going to ask may be there in the passport application - but did not find any explicit information and hence...

1. Is it OK to take my photographs (for the british passport application) in the automatic photo machines that are avaiable in stores like Morrisons, ASDA, etc. ?

2. Apart from my naturalisation certificate, do i have to send my Indian brith certificate too?

regards.

Ta!

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:04 pm

1-Shouldn't be a problem as long as it adheres to these specs.

2-No, don't think so that will be needed. Source : UKPA
(Section : British national after being granted a certificate of registration or naturalisation by the Home Office)

Regards

User

Post by User » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:44 pm

Cheers Kurram. Is there a website where i can download a British passort application form from? I just need a new copy now. I made a mistake in my printed copy that i have now. My signature went a little over the border of the signature box.

Please help with any pointers?

Ta!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:59 pm

User, no you cannot download a copy of the passport application form. What you can do is go to the Passport Agency website and complete lots of detail, after which they will send you a form to check and sign.

Alternatively pick up another form at a Post Office. This is what you should do for speed.

Don't forget that your form and the back of one of your photos will need to be countersigned.
Last edited by John on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

User

Post by User » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:20 pm

Cheers John. OK I will pick up a form tomorrow at the post office.

Ta!

regards.

desperado

Post by desperado » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 pm

User, glad to know you got the corrected Naturalisation certificate in 4 weeks :) Congrats!!!

When you go to the post office don't just get one passport application form, ask for two or more cos the signature box can be very tricky and very easy to make mistake. I wasted 4 passport form before I got it right. So it is safe to get more then 1 passport form.

Enjoy!!!

User

Post by User » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:33 pm

Good point :D will do! :lol:

Ta!

regards.