ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hello thier

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tosachinpatel

Hello thier

Post by tosachinpatel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:47 pm

I have Tier1 visa until 2010.....

bt i dont have any JOB....for 3 months...can anyone help me.....

i am mba in marketing....

plz find anything in london....

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Try changing your CV, and changing the field you are willing to work in. What sort of career do you want in the UK? What do you not want to do?

Register with different recruitment agencies if the ones you are with now are no good.

Not all jobs are online, so also try quality newspapers and trade journals.

Would you be willing to teach, do you have relevant experience you could bring to lectures to college students?

Try brushing up your skills by doing a short course.

Volunteer so that you keep busy and can explain gaps in your CV. You might even enjoy this.

Rewrite your CV again.

Tailor each covering letter for the role that you are going for.

Go to the library and read the books on writing CVs and jobsearching.

Go to graduate fairs, at least you will find out who is hiring.

Ask all you friends and family if there are any openings where they work, and ask again.

Ask someone to be honest with you about the impression you give in person or on the phone, are you hesitant, do you need a new suit?

Set up your own business or become a consultant.

Remember, employers now have to advertise posts in the Job Centre before they can offer a certificate of sponsorship to someone. Try the Job Centre's online vacancies.

Do menial work such as security guarding or construction. The Job Centre will be best for these.

Rely on friends for your keep.

If you still have no luck and your money runs out you may have to go home.