ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in Person - WP-->HSMP-->Tier1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satish.pand

ILR in Person - WP-->HSMP-->Tier1

Post by satish.pand » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in June 2004, switched to HSMP in March 2007, applied for Tier 1 extension in Mar/2009 and have got Tier 1 visa till 2012.

My immigration status in UK is WP-->HSMP-->Tier 1.

I am eligible for ILR in the next couple of months and would like to know whether I can apply for ILR in person.

I have important travel plans in Aug and worried about postal application due to the delay in processing.

Rgds
Satish

uklondonuser

Post by uklondonuser » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:55 pm

sadly Tier 1 is not allowed to apply in person..

you will need to post..

As per BIA site you may have to wait for 6 mnths..

since ur visa is valid till 2012, i think u shd apply after ur travel and u dont need ur passport for 4-5 mnths atleast..

hope by that time they will open ILR in person for tier 1 application

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks .

I will give a call to Home office and see the response.

The only thing which worries me is that they were planning to change ILR from 5 yrs to 8yrs some time soon (temporary PR etc) and worried whether it will affect me.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Always a good idea to hear it from the 'horses mouth'. apparantely some guys have called and been told they can apply at PEO. so if i were in your shoes i would do the same.
with the current citizens bill that is going through the lords at the moment, i think you will be ok. if you came in June 2004 it means you are eligible this June which means basically in May you could submit your application. Infact you should be calling the HO 6weeks before the date of your intended appointment. if you so wish you may want to call in the next week or so

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:35 am

I called the HO today morning.

She confirmed that I can apply for ILR premium service from 06/Apr/2009 even if Iam in Tier 1.

She read the guidelines like "anyone can apply for ILR in person from 06/April when they are in point based system". so she mentioned that I can apply in person.

I tols her guidelines doesn't reflect your views, she advise me to send an email to HO and request for a written confirmation.