ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

methsiri
Newly Registered

Past Earnings

Post by methsiri » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am

Dear All,

I am in the process of applying for HSMP. I have some doubt about justifing my minimum income as follows

1. I usually get two bonuses within 12 month period. Those two come with two seperate slips. If I include bonuses there will be 14 slips within past 12 month period. Can I use bonuses as an income?

2. The balance salary is send to my bank account after deducting the Paye Tax and Employees Provident Fund from my basic salary. Do I need to use basic salary or the balance salary?

3. My company is sending subscription fees which is amount to 18% of my basic salary, to two government funds. I can recover those money with the interest when I retire or migrate. These amounts are shown in the pay slip. Can I use those as an income?

4. Can I use non cash benefits shown in the pay slip as an income?

Please advise

Kind Regards,

Methsiri

rao166

Post by rao166 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:09 pm

I also have the same case. i.e two bonuses in one year. I sent 14 slips to HSMP office, case is still underprocess.

And the general rule is (according to my understanding) that those income is eligible for HSMP on which income tax has been deducted and the income is earned from that profession in which u r highly skilled.

Plus this income shud also b present on ur income tax return.

Confirm it with senior members.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:37 pm

yes rao,

you are right that you can claim earnign points for the income on which u have pauid tax or lets say it in other words that the source of income, which u have shown on your income tax return.