ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from the institution--- urgent help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

student2009
Newly Registered

Letter from the institution--- urgent help please

Post by student2009 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:34 pm

I have completed my pg certificate in management studies from one of the listed and reputed colleges. I got a letter from college which states as follows:

Mr.XX - Student ID:-XXX

Sponsorship Licence Number: - XXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

This letter is to confirm that Mr.XX (DOBXX/XX/XX) was enrolled on a full time, minimum 16 Hours per week, Post Graduate diploma in management studies course at XXXXXX college London. The start date was 12 sept 2007 and the end date was 19 march 2009.

Mr.XXXX paid his tution fees £XXXX in full and has an over all attendence record of 91%. The student has submitted and passed all the required assignments and achieved Post Graduate Certificate in Management Studies on 22 March 2009.
The post graduate certificate in management is fully validated and awarded by Edexcel which is an internationally recognised awarding body. This qualification is accessed at level 7 on the National Qualification Framework and the certificate from edexcel will follow.

XXXX college is one of the biggest etc etc etc................... in britain. The college is also registered on the department for innovation universities and skills register of education and training providers.

Signed

XXXXX
College director

Now my question is :-

I have submitted this letter from the college is it ok for PSW?

Kindly help coz if anything needs to be changed I can try to get a new letter and send it seperately to HO.

URGENT advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:42 pm

The format for the PSW letter is as below.Please note the information about student's details are incorrect and has been chosen as an example so that reader can understand clearly.

22 March 2009

Shilpa Shetty:Confirmation of study

In support of Post Study Work Visa

This letter confirms that the above-named student has obtained a post graduate qualification from the University of Cambridge.

The University of Cambridge is registered as a Listed body/Recognised.

The student's details are as follows:

Applicant's name: Shilpa Shetty
Title of qualification:Post graduate Certificate in filmography
Qualification type:Post-Graduate Certificate
Start date:14Jan 2008
End Date:14 September 2008
Date of award:22 september 2008

I can confirm that the student's qualification is above the level of a United Kingdom bachelor's degree.

Signed and Approved,

Subhas Ghai
College Director.

student2009
Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:56 pm

sadhu wrote:The format for the PSW letter is as below.Please note the information about student's details are incorrect and has been chosen as an example so that reader can understand clearly.

22 March 2009

Shilpa Shetty:Confirmation of study

In support of Post Study Work Visa

This letter confirms that the above-named student has obtained a post graduate qualification from the University of Cambridge.

The University of Cambridge is registered as a Listed body/Recognised.

The student's details are as follows:

Applicant's name: Shilpa Shetty
Title of qualification:Post graduate Certificate in filmography
Qualification type:Post-Graduate Certificate
Start date:14Jan 2008
End Date:14 September 2008
Date of award:22 september 2008

I can confirm that the student's qualification is above the level of a United Kingdom bachelor's degree.

Signed and Approved,

Subhas Ghai
College Director.

Thanks Sadhu.

My question was ... is my letter ok for the application.. I have submitted it but was wondering if I should take another one from college and submit it. Guidance will be very much appreciated...

Thanks

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Whatever the information I have mentioned in the PSW letter format please check whether all those infomation are similar to your letter.If any information is missing please let me inform.

student2009
Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:09 pm

sadhu wrote:Whatever the information I have mentioned in the PSW letter format please check whether all those infomation are similar to your letter.If any information is missing please let me inform.

Thanks for the quick reply sadhu.... Now where my question starts is that all the information is included but the format is different and the word used is "achieved". though it means that I was awared on that day. What do u think? Kindly have a look at my format and please give me a honest opnion please.. Coz I am really getting stressed coz of this.

Thanks

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Hello it looks absolutely perfect to me.I have thoroughly checked whether any information is missing.All the required information are written in your letter too,but different format.I think home office shouln't refuse your visa due to the different format.

Have you checked in the UKBA website whether Home office provide any standard format which all applicants have to follow?Regards.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 am

sadhu wrote:Hello it looks absolutely perfect to me.I have thoroughly checked whether any information is missing.All the required information are written in your letter too,but different format.I think home office shouln't refuse your visa due to the different format.

Have you checked in the UKBA website whether Home office provide any standard format which all applicants have to follow?Regards.
Have you checked the UKBA website??? That's the authentic source you should be following.

student2009
Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:15 am

jack199 wrote:
sadhu wrote:Hello it looks absolutely perfect to me.I have thoroughly checked whether any information is missing.All the required information are written in your letter too,but different format.I think home office shouln't refuse your visa due to the different format.

Have you checked the UKBA website??? That's the authentic source you should be following.
Thanks for ur replies,
Well I have checked ukba website even ukcisa. I think they don't have a standard format but state that certain things should be n the letter. Now that's why I am asking on here... Is my letter is ok as it's got different wordng like achived instead if awarded etc . Please have a look at it and let me know. Thanks a lot for ur guidance.. Any comments from seniors will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

student2009
Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 am

Can experts comment please vinny, john anyone please??

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 am

student2009 wrote:Can experts comment please vinny, john anyone please??
    Last edited by phoenix777 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:58 am

Please send email to these address and ask your question.They will answer youin 10 days.Try to write your problem in brief.And also please make sure you keep their reply in your email.UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk, public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:10 am

phoenix777 wrote:
    • Wake up bro. You are not eligible for PSW. iF YOU have already applied by 31 march. then fine. if not yet, then u can't any more.
      thanks.

Thanks for ur reply. YES I have posted My application before the 30th March. I was asking if my letter from college ok.... As the format and the wordings are slightly different though it means the same things that are required...That was the reason for my query...

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:48 am

student2009 wrote:
    phoenix777 wrote:
    • Wake up bro. You are not eligible for PSW. iF YOU have already applied by 31 march. then fine. if not yet, then u can't any more.
      thanks.

Thanks for ur reply. YES I have posted My application before the 30th March. I was asking if my letter from college ok.... As the format and the wordings are slightly different though it means the same things that are required...That was the reason for my query...
    • I have withdrawn my words. i didn't notice that u have already applied.

did u send transcripts of academic records?
      Letter from college u submitted looks bit unorganised. It's not mentioned there when will u be awarded certificate. And it's written there certificate from edexcell will follow. it's bit confused. It's like college will be certified by edexcell. If it's so, then no need of this sentence coz college is already in the listed bodies. Instead of that it would be better if written , when u will be awarded certificate by EDEXCELL.
      nowadays psw application is refused for minor mistakes.
      anywayl, don't take it serious. it's my opinion. But i have seen letter from college who got psw.

any way all the best.

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:59 am

phoenix777 wrote:
      thanks.

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:14 pm

phoenix777 wrote:
    student2009 wrote:
    phoenix777 wrote:
      thanks.

• Thanks phonix.... Well the college says that's their standard format. I have the letter which has academic transcripts signed by the course director but I was advised by the college to send just the above letter. Now this is driving me carzy coz it has got all the information but I just need to be sure coz I can talk to the college and send ho a different letter if required. So an expert guidance and advise will be very much appreciated. Thanks

I have withdrawn my words. i didn't notice that u have already applied.

did u send transcripts of academic records?
      Letter from college u submitted looks bit unorganised. It's not mentioned there when will u be awarded certificate. And it's written there certificate from edexcell will follow. it's bit confused. It's like college will be certified by edexcell. If it's so, then no need of this sentence coz college is already in the listed bodies. Instead of that it would be better if written , when u will be awarded certificate by EDEXCELL.
      nowadays psw application is refused for minor mistakes.
      anywayl, don't take it serious. it's my opinion. But i have seen letter from college who got psw.

any way all the best.

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:01 pm

[/quote]
    • Thanks phonix.... Well the college says that's their standard format. I have the letter which has academic transcripts signed by the course director but I was advised by the college to send just the above letter. Now this is driving me carzy coz it has got all the information but I just need to be sure coz I can talk to the college and send ho a different letter if required. So an expert guidance and advise will be very much appreciated. Thanks
      • Bro, u made great mistake. U need to send all the documents. Usually Certificate, Academic transcripts and college letter.
        Never believe college stuff. They are like you and me. They don't take it seriously. I believe they never ever read psw guidance.
        thanks.

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:25 pm

phoenix777 wrote:
      • Bro, u made great mistake. U need to send all the documents. Usually Certificate, Academic transcripts and college letter.
        Never believe college stuff. They are like you and me. They don't take it seriously. I believe they never ever read psw guidance.
        thanks.
      [/quote]

Thanks for ur reply... Well I checked on ukba guidelines and it dosent mention academic transcripts. it says original award and if that is not issued u should have a original letter from the college. Now thats what I included. Guys can I have a expert opinion on this from the modrators and experts. Please a quick answer will be highly appreciated.... Thanks

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi, they dont ask for transcripts, but you can always send them even now, they shouldnt refuse you because you did not submit anything extra though. Thats against their rules, and you can appeal.

student2009 wrote:
    phoenix777 wrote:
        thanks.

Thanks for ur reply... Well I checked on ukba guidelines and it dosent mention academic transcripts. it says original award and if that is not issued u should have a original letter from the college. Now thats what I included. Guys can I have a expert opinion on this from the modrators and experts. Please a quick answer will be highly appreciated.... Thanks[/quote]

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 pm

cheryl99 wrote:Hi, they dont ask for transcripts, but you can always send them even now, they shouldnt refuse you because you did not submit anything extra though. Thats against their rules, and you can appeal.

student2009 wrote:
    phoenix777 wrote:
        thanks.

Thanks for ur reply... Well I checked on ukba guidelines and it dosent mention academic transcripts. it says original award and if that is not issued u should have a original letter from the college. Now thats what I included. Guys can I have a expert opinion on this from the modrators and experts. Please a quick answer will be highly appreciated.... Thanks
    [/quote]

Thanks a lot for ur reply cheryl. But my question still remains ... does my letter format solve the puropse or should I ask for a new letter from the college and send it to HO...

Thanks

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am

Any seniors here?????

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:03 am

Guys I just read in other thread( No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March 2009)

that edexcel is not valid for psw. My PGCE was done from one of the top london college which is a listed body which runs courses which are awarded by edexcel. My college said its fine and ours is the 3rd batch and batches before us had no problems in psw. Now looking at my letter what do you guys especially the seniors here think..?? Please let me know.

jack199
    Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 am

student2009 wrote:Guys I just read in other thread( No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March 2009)

that edexcel is not valid for psw. My PGCE was done from one of the top london college which is a listed body which runs courses which are awarded by edexcel. My college said its fine and ours is the 3rd batch and batches before us had no problems in psw. Now looking at my letter what do you guys especially the seniors here think..?? Please let me know.
    No Diplomas and Certificates are accepted for PSW except (PGCE teaching) if you have PGCE in teach then you can apply for PSW otherwise doesn't matter its London Business School, if you dont have a full degree then no PSW will be issued.

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:32 am

jack199 wrote:
    student2009 wrote:Guys I just read in other thread( No PSW on PG Diploma & Certificates from 31st March 2009)

No Diplomas and Certificates are accepted for PSW except (PGCE teaching) if you have PGCE in teach then you can apply for PSW otherwise doesn't matter its London Business School, if you dont have a full degree then no PSW will be issued.

Jack I have already applied before 30th march.... Just seeking expert openion on the letter I sent and wondering if I should ask college to issue me another one and send it to HO in case..... Thanks

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Please any seniors or moderators comment on my query please....... Thanks

student2009
    Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Jack can u advise me on this please.

Thanks