ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CALLING ALL NIGERIANS - please reply Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

CALLING ALL NIGERIANS - please reply Urgent

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:21 am

please for the nigerians who are on this site, can you let us know ur experiences to assist others especially in the area of TAX certificates.
We all know that the process has been changed and a lot of individuals are yet to get theirs.

for those who were approved recently.. in the last 1 or 2 months?? what did you use in place of tax certificates??

also for those who where approved on reapplication, was the timing faster than the intial application??

and for those who have gone for EC... how has ur experience been??

thanks a lot for posting replies
My bow has been renewed

Cool

Post by Cool » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:24 pm

Well, I've been holding on to my hsmp application for some months now. I consider it better to wait until I get my tax cert than for my application to be rejected for non-submission of the tax cert. Maybe if I didn't really need the points on the earnings section to make up the minimum points, I might not bother with it but I do :wink: so, I'm holding on ....

I know a few ppl who are also waiting for their tax certs.

The process seems to be getting smoother anyway!

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:01 am

hi nigerians
i just got this infor about the tax card , the internal revenue is giving us
please read this link.
Its from another forum on HSMP.
this is from a caseworker who is giving some answers to applicants questions
http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/phpBB/vi ... php?t=1867

its really enlightening.
I think the best evidence for naija is a letter from ur tax consultant and employer or if one can get a to whom it may concern from the inland revenue board.
what do ya think??
My bow has been renewed

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:05 pm

The tax card issue is only applicable in Lagos state. Meanwhile the issuance takes sometime, if you can approach the tax office either yourself or through a tax consultant you might still get the paper certificate (on special application though).
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:51 am

Boom05 wrote:The tax card issue is only applicable in Lagos state. Meanwhile the issuance takes sometime, if you can approach the tax office either yourself or through a tax consultant you might still get the paper certificate (on special application though).
My brother
na true u talk
I have forgotten not every one works in Lagos
My bow has been renewed

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:26 pm

yodiyokun wrote:hi nigerians
i just got this infor about the tax card , the internal revenue is giving us
please read this link.
Its from another forum on HSMP.
this is from a caseworker who is giving some answers to applicants questions
http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/phpBB/vi ... php?t=1867

its really enlightening.
I think the best evidence for naija is a letter from ur tax consultant and employer or if one can get a to whom it may concern from the inland revenue board.
what do ya think??

I think my idea must have worked
cause i was informed on phone this morning that application was approved yesterday and documents have been despatched to my address.
My bow has been renewed

Cool

Congratulations!!!!!

Post by Cool » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:24 pm

Congratulations yodiyokun! :D :D
That's great news. The tax cert issue is such a bug :x but you have scaled it and so shall we, in Jesus' name. Amen.
So, what did you present - tax accountant's letter, employer's letter, what exactly?
Also, what points did you claim? Wondering if you probably made the 65 without 'earnings point'. What d'you think? Not that it matters in your situation - the impt thing is .... **it's been approved**!! But I'd like to know so that I can strategize! :roll:
You brought good news! Congrats!!

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Re: Congratulations!!!!!

Post by yodiyokun » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:16 am

Cool wrote:Congratulations yodiyokun! :D :D
That's great news. The tax cert issue is such a bug :x but you have scaled it and so shall we, in Jesus' name. Amen.
So, what did you present - tax accountant's letter, employer's letter, what exactly?
Also, what points did you claim? Wondering if you probably made the 65 without 'earnings point'. What d'you think? Not that it matters in your situation - the impt thing is .... **it's been approved**!! But I'd like to know so that I can strategize! :roll:
You brought good news! Congrats!!
what i did was send additional documnets 2 weeks ago.
it included letter from the tax consultant of my office
letter from HR both letters said my tax has been deducted and remitted to the appropriate authorities but tax cert not out yet

also i included additional payslip showing my upfront payments and quarterly payments
cos i read somewhere in teh new guidance notes that they wont consider any payment not on payslips.

I coouldnt have got approved without points for my earnings..
I claimed
15- cert
25- experience
35- earnings
10- spouse.

In all I give thanks to God
My bow has been renewed

Cool

Post by Cool » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:26 am

Hi yodiyokun,

I sent you a private message, please check it.

Man, I really, really, really want to get this application off me asap!!! The preparation is like sitting for an exam. Huh!