ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Stamped Today,, Very Short ,, only 11 Days,,

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Stamped Today,, Very Short ,, only 11 Days,,

Post by evan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to thank all members of this forum. With your support and the valuable information specially from Seniors, I managed to apply in the last chance before new rules.
I applied for Tier 1 General in Dubai UAE on 26 March, and Visa stamped today 06April.
I mentioned in my application that travelling time will be middle of June 09, but they ignored my request. Anyway, I will not move to UK before that time.

I got only the Visa stamp in my Passport, there is no WP or any other documents?? is it OK like that ???

Thanks again, and good luck to all

ashokccs

Re: Tier 1 Stamped Today,, Very Short ,, only 11 Days,,

Post by ashokccs » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 am

evan wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to thank all members of this forum. With your support and the valuable information specially from Seniors, I managed to apply in the last chance before new rules.
I applied for Tier 1 General in Dubai UAE on 26 March, and Visa stamped today 06April.
I mentioned in my application that travelling time will be middle of June 09, but they ignored my request. Anyway, I will not move to UK before that time.

I got only the Visa stamp in my Passport, there is no WP or any other documents?? is it OK like that ???

Hi Evan, Congrats on your visa and all the very best,
even I have applied on 26th of march and still awaiting.

kams19

Re: Tier 1 Stamped Today,, Very Short ,, only 11 Days,,

Post by kams19 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:28 am

evan wrote:Hi Guys,

congrats evan.

yes just one of ur passport page will be printed with visa and ur documents will be returned, thats it.

evan
Newly Registered

1st Visit

Post by evan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi again,
As I mentioned above, I stated in my application that I intend to go to UK middle of June, but the visa start date is 06 April 2009.
I checked some topics here and feel like it would be better to go for a couple of days this month to start calculating my 5 years resident and not to face difficulties when applying for extension or ILR .

It is mentioned in the visa stamp that I must check with police within 7 days of arrival. How to make this checking ?? at the airport or should I visit any police station there?? and do I need to wait for any feedback from the police??? as I’ll be there for 2 days only.

Also, to open a bank account, any documents needed other than my passport and some cash to start with??? is it allowed to open an account without really settling down in UK and no job yet??? Any specific bank recommended ???

Please advise

Regards

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi evan,

Once you arrive at your planned accomodation, go to the nearest police station, and register your details and address. This will ensure you've not broken any requirement of your visa.

Regarding bank account opening, its not a straight forward procedure. Most of the banks require address proof. But I think you might try using proof of your police registration for the bank(but I doubt it). When I came to UK, it was a big tussle trying to get the HSBC bank(for Passport account, paid only!!!) to consider my temporary residence details(as my address). 5 visits to the branch, and lot of various documents finally convinced them. But, its not very easy as advertised on their website.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sai