ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused hsmp by ECO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iftekharali
Newly Registered

refused hsmp by ECO

Post by iftekharali » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:21 pm

i have been refused saying that i dont know english and will not be able to do intended work in UK.
the other side of the story is that i have studied through in English medium and i have several I.T. diplomas and I am a businessmen providing services related GRAPHIC DESIGNING (I.T.) since last 11 years.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:26 pm

At what stage have you been refused :-
  1. on making application for HSMP to the UK?
  2. after getting HSMP approval, on applying for your EC in India?
John

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:18 pm

dear iftekhar,

Its really strange, as we do not claim any points for english lebuage and from the documents we submit, how can one know whether one knows english or not? do let us know as John as asked, at what stage u are refused?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:42 pm

could be when he was conversing with the ECO he must got nervous and stammered a bit

there are people who can write very well but when it comes to conversing verbally they are a bit difficult

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:36 am

You are right Olisum,

From Iftekhar's case also it seems the same case, as he has mentioend "Refused HSMP by ECO" which means he was approved HSMP and failed to get EC. I even knwo many frineds of mine, who are better then me writting english, but when it comes to conversation, they are far behind me. I have never gone to ENglish medium education, neither in School nor in COllege, though, i can at elast do proper conversation adn write english properly. But many fo my friends, who studied throuout in English MEdium, they fail to speak even one sentence confidently.

Lets hear form Iftekhar himself, as he can only tell Us what exactly was the case. Was he called upon for interview or his passport just came back with this reason mentioned over it? I doubt the later case as in VAF1, there is no field to fill in information about ur knowledge of English.

I doubt for another possibility that, after the two series of Bomb Blasts, they might have made thier scrutinisation process for Muslims a bit more stronger and being Muslim Iftekhar is refused, but they can not mention this reason, they would have just mentioend about his english skills. If this is the case, its really sad....

Iftekhar, can u describe your entire case?