ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Actually today when I called up home office, they asked me are you the one who send an email complaint yesterday.

I was quite shocked to hear it... also felt happy that my one email has made an impact.

So today I send a formal complaint, with form downloaded from UKBA site, attached all evidence from bank.

complaints are dealt seriously. and will be resolved with in 20 days... as per their site.

Now I am awaiting a written reply from Home office. if positive then I can use that reply to resurrect my invalid application.

Also, I don't think a professionally drafted letter or covering note can make an invalid application valid.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Ok. Let me give complaining to the CSU a shot as well.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 am

Best of luck all of u. Fight for your case u all gonna win definitely....

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Success! I think!

I followed Tom.Tom’s advice and called the CSU (North Yorkshire). I explained the problem to them over the phone. They were super helpful. Very kindly, they referred me to the ‘Charging Operations Unit’ and gave me a second phone number.

I called up the ‘Charging Operations Unit’. A lady took my details and told me that a manager would call me back. When I did not hear from them, I called on the number again. This time, I was put on hold for 5 minutes while the gentleman who had answered spoke with his manager.

He then came back on the line and asked me to re-submit my application to the Charging Operations Unit directly at a different address in Sheffield with a suitable covering letter and a letter from the bank clearly stating that the charge had been rejected because of an incorrect security code input.

He said that in this case, the application would be treated under the old rules, if it had been initially submitted on time.

I mentioned to the gentleman that there were other applicants facing a similar problem. He requested me not to disclose their phone number, but said that any other applicants in a similar situation, that is, where the transaction had been declined because of a mistake by the UKBA, would be treated similarly and that they should call the CSU in order to get the Charging Operations Unit’s phone number and take it forward from there.

Guys, I hope this helps. Please let me know how things work out for you and I will keep you updated as well.

Regards, all the best,
C80

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Caramba80 wrote:Success! I think!

I followed Tom.Tom’s advice and called the CSU (North Yorkshire). I explained the problem to them over the phone. They were super helpful. Very kindly, they referred me to the ‘Charging Operations Unit’ and gave me a second phone number.

I called up the ‘Charging Operations Unit’. A lady took my details and told me that a manager would call me back. When I did not hear from them, I called on the number again. This time, I was put on hold for 5 minutes while the gentleman who had answered spoke with his manager.

He then came back on the line and asked me to re-submit my application to the Charging Operations Unit directly at a different address in Sheffield with a suitable covering letter and a letter from the bank clearly stating that the charge had been rejected because of an incorrect security code input.

He said that in this case, the application would be treated under the old rules, if it had been initially submitted on time.

I mentioned to the gentleman that there were other applicants facing a similar problem. He requested me not to disclose their phone number, but said that any other applicants in a similar situation, that is, where the transaction had been declined because of a mistake by the UKBA, would be treated similarly and that they should call the CSU in order to get the Charging Operations Unit’s phone number and take it forward from there.

Guys, I hope this helps. Please let me know how things work out for you and I will keep you updated as well.

Regards, all the best,
C80

Great Guys ..........

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Numbers

Post by Caramba80 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:44 pm

The phone number of the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber Customer Service Unit which handles PBS complaints is 0114 207 2966. They will give you the number for the Charging Ops Team. I wish I had known this the day I had heard about the payment being declined.

maheshnair wrote:
Caramba80 wrote:Success! I think!

Regards, all the best,
C80

Great Guys ..........

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Congrats!!!! to C80..

Did they give you a separate address? what time of the day did you call.

Even I have the charging units phone no. but they told me that I can send my application, but my application may or may not be considered under the old rules and this solely depends on the case worker.

So, I am still waiting for them to decide on my case..

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:16 am

Yes they did. They told me to post it Marked attention to a particular person at the Charging Operations Unit. I called in the morning at about 10 am and then again at 3 pm.
tom.tom wrote:Congrats!!!! to C80..

Did they give you a separate address? what time of the day did you call.

Even I have the charging units phone no. but they told me that I can send my application, but my application may or may not be considered under the old rules and this solely depends on the case worker.

So, I am still waiting for them to decide on my case..

tom.tom

Post by tom.tom » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks C80,

So when you are sending your old application, how are you paying your application fee, this time... is it by card or postal order.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:21 pm

congrats all. i hope u all get through this mess created by HO.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:25 pm

@tom.tom: By Credit Card.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Ok. My application has reached them again. Tom.Tom / Ratish, any news of your applications / progress?
Caramba80 wrote:@tom.tom: By Credit Card.

ratish
Newly Registered

Charging Operation Unit Number?

Post by ratish » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Does Anyone have a charging operation unit number please?

ratish
Newly Registered

Seems to be a good news

Post by ratish » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Guys, i called up the charging operations unit, and they asked me to resubmit the form to sheffield address.Hopefully it will work out.Apart from the bank card I have also given a postal draft of 750Pounds.Not giving them any chance to reject it again on silly grounds.

Hope it works out.Will keep you posted.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Have they taken your payment yet? Called up my bank - they have not taken a payment against my credit card, or even tried so far. They got my application seven days back on Tuesday last.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi all,

For other people who may face this problem, this is how things worked out:

1. I originally submitted my Tier 1 application on the 26th of March
2. UKBA got the application on the 27th of March
3. UKBA rejected and returned the application (they input the wrong Credit Card security code)
4. I called the complaints unit. They gave me the number for the payment processing unit. The payment processing unit asked me to resubmit to a special address.
5. I resubmitted on the 6th of April (using the same application, with a cover letter).
6. UKBA got the application on the 7th of April.
7. Payment was taken on 21st April.
8. I got back my passport with Tier 1 on 6th May - the UKBA treated me under the old (pre-Masters degree) rules.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Ratish, Tom.Tom: I hope things worked out for you as well (have not heard from either one of you for some time).

Tom.Tom: A special thank you to you for your advice.
Caramba80 wrote:Have they taken your payment yet? Called up my bank - they have not taken a payment against my credit card, or even tried so far. They got my application seven days back on Tuesday last.
EDIT: June 2011

I do not have the number for the Payment Processing Unit. If you need it, please call the complaints number directly.
Last edited by Caramba80 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ram1810
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Issue...... Please Help!!!

Post by Ram1810 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 am

Dear Caramba80, tom.tom & ratish & everyone else,

I really laud your efforts for going the extra mile and sorting your issues out with the UKBA/ Home Office. This gives a source of strength for everyone who falls into the booby trap laid by the Home Office.

I have too fallen into a similar sort of a situation explained below and after having accidently stumbled upon your posts this gives me a glimmer of hope that my case could also be resolved. I need your valuable inputs to come out of it. Wish all who fall into a similar situation are fortunate enough to come out victorious.

• I had initially been granted HSMP in the month of April 2007 for 2 years and my leave to remain was to expire on the 30th of April, 2009. I had applied for extension under Tier 1 General on the 21st of April, 2009 by giving the correct payment/ credit card details.

• HO had returned my application on the 9th of May, 09 stating the payment was declined due to incorrect payment details (which I don’t think is true) and they asked me to reapply with the correct details again.

• I immediately reapplied with the same details on the 11th of May as 10th was a Sunday and the payment was successfully taken 12th/ 13th of May, 09. Subsequently the HO rejected my application and returned my application on the 25th of June, 09, stating that I didn’t maintain the funds of £800 and that my earnings drawn up by my accountant wasn’t on a letter headed paper. As my leave had already expired they had retained my passport and ordered me to contact the Regional Case Ownership Unit so that they could arrange for my removal from the UK.

• As I was so tensed and stressed with the whole situation I took the help of an immigration solicitor who then wrote to the Asylum & Immigration Tribunal for a right of appeal as I didn’t have one as when I had applied the second time my leave to remain had expired. I also took the help of my local MP who advised me that he would write to the HO about my case. I was then given a “so called appeal on the 7th of Augustâ€

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 am

Really sorry to hear how complicated things have turned out for you. What does your solicitor say at this stage? What happened at appeal after you told the judge what the situation was? Are you still in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:28 am

Regarding application fee: effect of non-payment, some may reluctantly be forced to take an inflexible view, while another may be more reasonable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ram1810
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Issue....

Post by Ram1810 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 am

Hello Vinny,

I completely agree with you that some are inflexible and some have a different view. But I feel the intent was right from my end as if I have made a correct payment the second time using the same card details why wouldn't I make the payment correctly in the 1st instance?

Caramba: I am still in the UK and have an appointment with my solicitor tomorrow. In fact she is waiting for the determination of the judge to come from the appeals court so that a she could move ahead after going through the findings. As mentioned earlier, at the appeal the Judge didn't want to hear anything else nor he let us proceed as according to him the application was invalid as I didn't have LTR the second time. He wasn't bothered about the 1st application. He said if I had evidence that the payment wasn't taken or wrongly requested then I should reapply for an appeal. I am getting a fax from my card issuing company today stating that there was an attempt made by the HO only once on the 22nd of April and that the payment was requested by inputting the wrong details expiry date and CVV.

My question here is I have 99.9 % inputted the right card details on the application but 0.1% can't comment as don't have evidence to hand. Firstly if they have inputted wrong details as mostly they do then I have a good chance of winning, if there has been an error from my side then it puts me in a bad situation. But it is more than likely that they may have committed a mistake, is there a way that I can amicably resolve this issue with the oops team/ complaints sbu and that they reconsider my application and grant me the LTR?

Vinny: Being a moderator yourself, have you come across any case like this as this may help me in preparing a case law where the applicant in a similar situation has been successful in the past.

May I thank you people for your comments.

Regards,

x

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 am

I would wait to see what the results of the appeal are before contacting the charging operations unit. Please discuss the possibility of speaking with the charging operations unit with your solicitor first.

My concern is what happens if the judge rules against you tomorrow? Do you have the leave the UK pending the second appeal? Also, ask your solicitor whether a second appeal is possible on these grounds.

Ram1810
Newly Registered

Post by Ram1810 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 am

Dear Caramba,

I shall have to reapply for a second appeal when I visit my solicitor tomorrow, the 2nd appeal is not tomorrow itself --- sorry for the misunderstanding.

As my case is still on till a verdict has been made I can stay here technically.

Is there a number that you have for the oops charging team so that I can verify my initial application details with them please?

Best Regards,

x.

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:56 am

I am sorry - I had the number but do not have it any longer. If you call the Customer Service Unit, and explain the problem to them, they should give you the number for the charging operations team. The phone numbers for the Customer Service Unit are on the UKBA website.

Ram1810
Newly Registered

Post by Ram1810 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 am

Cheers Caramba,

I shall contact them straightaway and see if a get any positive response from them.

Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Any luck?