ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Success - My Experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSUK

ILR - Success - My Experience

Post by SSUK » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:20 pm

I was on WP + HSMP for 5 years. I have booked my ILR appointment at Sheffield PEO for 15:00 , reached there for 14:15,straight away went through security. Went to reception around 14:35, the guy had list of appointments for that day, issued me with ticket number and wrote ticket number in his list against my name. (If you forget your Booking reference number, don't worry as the list contains your name, dob and no. of dependents.)

My Ticket number was called for initial screening around 14:45, The person asked for
SET(O) form,
all passports (mine, wife and my son) and
Life in UK Test.

He just said
do you have all photographs and as I am on HSMP,
do you have proof of your economic activity for all 5 years. I said I have all documents in date order. Then he wrote 'VALID' on application form and paid fees on cash counter just beside it. It took about 10 minutes to process payment.

At 15:20, saw the case worker.

She asked me for
application form,
passport,
photos,
Life in UK test,
All work permits + HSMP Visa Documents
Proof of my employment.

I gave her letter from my current employer .
and bank statements / Pay slips for last 6 months.

While she was filling information in computer, she also scanned our photos and passport. No more questions asked, then she went to take photocopies of documents, came back after few minutes and said she is happy to give me and my family ILR from today.

Gave me my original documents but she kept ORIGINAL employment letter.

Finally ILR was given & our passports stamps with Indefinite leave to Remain.

Next step---> Thinking of applying for my sons 'Registration as British' in the next week.

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum to share all the knowledge which had helped me to prepare for my ILR application.

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi SSUK,
Congratulations on you ILR. I have a few queries and hope you could answer.

1) Did you produce any P60s? You dont seem to mention any though.
2) How many days did you spend outside the UK in the past 5 years? Did you give a detailed split of that?
3) Have you ever changed your employer? If so, did you produce any letters from your previous employer?
4) Also when you change employers, the previous employers takes away the latest HO letter for extension. Can you produce copies of this last extension?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers
--A

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Please find my respones :-

<I have taken P60 for previous 4 years,but they didn't ask for..>
2) How many days did you spend outside the UK in the past 5 years? Did you give a detailed split of that?
<I had spend 112 days over last 5 years, acceptable limit is 225 days, without any issues..>

3) Have you ever changed your employer? If so, did you produce any letters from your previous employer?
<I have changed one employer & i have taken letter from them also, but they haven't aks for it..>

4) Also when you change employers, the previous employers takes away the latest HO letter for extension. Can you produce copies of this last extension?

<I had all original WP + HSMP docs for emtire 5 years>Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers
--A

jazzmann
Newly Registered

ILR employee letter template

Post by jazzmann » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi,

Could you share the employment letter template or the points that need to be in the letter in addition to the person being a permanent or temporary employee and being with the company from Date Month Year

SSUK wrote:Please find my respones :-

<I have taken P60 for previous 4 years,but they didn't ask for..>
<I had spend 112 days over last 5 years, acceptable limit is 225 days, without any issues..>

<I have changed one employer & i have taken letter from them also, but they haven't aks for it..>

<I had all original WP + HSMP docs for emtire 5 years>Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers
--A

munisa

Re: ILR - Success - My Experience

Post by munisa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 am

SSUK wrote: I gave her letter from my current employer .
and bank statements / Pay slips for last 6 months.

Gave me my original documents but she kept ORIGINAL employment letter.[/b][/u]
Hi SSUK,
How old should the employer letter be. In TIER1 applications for example, they say it should not be older than 1 month. Is it the same case for ILR?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Munisa,

I am not sure about exact requirements on this, but it's sensible to have the letter arranged just before 1-2 weeks before the appointment date.

In My case the letter was dated 5 days just before the appointment date.

Cheers

munisa

Post by munisa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 pm

SSUK wrote:Hi Munisa,

I am not sure about exact requirements on this, but it's sensible to have the letter arranged just before 1-2 weeks before the appointment date.

In My case the letter was dated 5 days just before the appointment date.

Cheers
SSUK
Many Thanks. I am due for ILR on 27th May. My co has been very relactant to issue me with any sort of letter as my employment ends on 29th May (2 days after ILR hopefully). I asked a person in HR if they can issue an ordinary letter stating my pay, job title etc but they said that has to be done now else they wont. Tough eh!

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Munisa,
My employer's letter was dated 1 month prior to my PEO appointment. But it didnt matter as they did not ask for it.

I would suggest you take a letter when your employer is providing it, rather than not have it at all.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
A

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 am

anandsun wrote:Hi Munisa,
My employer's letter was dated 1 month prior to my PEO appointment. But it didnt matter as they did not ask for it.

I would suggest you take a letter when your employer is providing it, rather than not have it at all.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
A
Hi anandsun,
I talked to my employer HR guys and I was promised a letter next week. As you suggest I would rather have it now than not have 1 at all.