ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from Pakistan: Can Fedex be trusted?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bkhan

Applying from Pakistan: Can Fedex be trusted?

Post by bkhan » Wed May 05, 2004 3:46 pm

My cousine is applying for the EC from Pakistan. He has been told to submit the documents by the nominated branch of Fedex.
Now my cousine has several valid visas on his passport and is afraid that Fedex might lose his passport (deliberately or indeliberately). You can imagine the trouble he will have to go through if the passport is lost.

I know British Airways (which was formerly responsible for sending passports to the High Commission) has lost passports on some occasions.

Now my question is whether Fedex be trusted in this regard?

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu May 06, 2004 9:16 am

Think the BHC in Islamabad is not entertaining direct applicantions from anyone (still !!!), so the only viable option for your cousin is to submit the documents via Gerry's/FedEx.

As from my perosnal experience with Gerry's, didn't have whatsoever any kind of trouble .... though their so-called service charges (for checking the documents and submitting them to the BHC) were quite outrageously high.

Regards

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Thu May 06, 2004 11:20 am

Thanks for replying Khurram.

Is it possible that my cousin sends a copy of his passport and takes the original along at the time of interview?

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Thu May 06, 2004 12:08 pm

One of my friend applied through FedEx from Pakistan and he send his orignal passport. Also he was not called for interview and he received his passport with visa stamp after about 15 days. However you can ask it from FedEx office of your city.

Zahid