ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rj006
Newly Registered

help required

Post by rj006 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:40 pm

helllo everyone...

first of all congratulations to all hsmp holders for the decision... further good news is the home office has decided not to appeal against the decision... :D

I am writing this message for my query :

(1) I came to UK in august 2005 under old hsmp rule.

(2) Granted extension under 1+4 scheme in the month of May06 - valid up to 2010 may.

(3) Got married in Feb08 , wife came to UK in April08 on tier 1 dependent visa.

(4) Blessed with new baby girl -applied for indian passport get her visa sorted , again dependent visa issued on 9.2.09 from india.

Now my questions are :-

{1} Due to recent judgement judicial review, now i am eligible to apply for ILR in Aug 09 i.e. after completion of four years...rather to wait for june2010...

{2} what will happen to my wife and baby girl? they (wife came in april 08) and baby born in dec 08.... whether my wife is eligible to apply for ILR with me evenif she is here for less thn 4 years?? or do i need to apply for FLR for my wife till the time she complete 4 years in this country???

{3} i read somewhere on this website... my daughter is eligible to apply for her british citizenship if any of the parent get the ILR... is she eligible to apply for ILR as dependent??

please guide with some other information, if u thin will be useful to me/us

regards
RJ

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 pm

you can apply for PR after you complete 4 years but your wife who is on dependent visa need to spend minimum 2 years before applying for PR. Your baby can be registered as British citizen and when you apply for naturalization your baby becomes British citizen.