ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from WP to tier1

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrnaidu

Switching from WP to tier1

Post by mrnaidu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi,
I am currnetly on worpemit, i have been here from past 9 months, and my workpermit is valid for 5 years.
Now i am in doubt of redundancy so i want to switch to tier 1 for safe side,Am i eligile to apply as per the new rules have come on april 1 ,2009?
I have done Bachelors in my home country(india) wether i can get points for my degree or not?
I am 28 years old, and £33K is my gross pay, can some suggest me please...How many point i would get?
which is best to apply before 12 months of my stay in uk or after 12 months

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from WP to tier1

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm

mrnaidu wrote:Hi,
I am currnetly on worpemit, i have been here from past 9 months, and my workpermit is valid for 5 years.
Now i am in doubt of redundancy so i want to switch to tier 1 for safe side,Am i eligile to apply as per the new rules have come on april 1 ,2009?
I have done Bachelors in my home country(india) wether i can get points for my degree or not?
I am 28 years old, and £33K is my gross pay, can some suggest me please...How many point i would get?
you shd post in UK tier1 General forum..

I think the min qualification for fresh tier1 applicants is Masters degree from 6th april and 20K for earnings to qualify.. so u shd have applied in the month of march..

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from WP to tier1

Post by yasa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

mrnaidu wrote:Hi,
u got to do masters otherwise u get zero in education. by da way u r very late in your decision.