ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Congratulations, HSMP won ILR JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs Khan

Congratulations, HSMP won ILR JR

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Just check the HSMP website and am glad to announce that HSMP forum has won JR for ILR

ran

Post by ran » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 pm

whoohoooo

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Ali_Sch

What next for those who completed 4 years

Post by Ali_Sch » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi congrats all - great moment indeed

Now the question is what should the people do who already completed their 4 years - should we wait for home office to incoporate these changes[/b]

rathnavadivel
Newly Registered

Any idea on who are eligible for this 4 year change?

Post by rathnavadivel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 pm

I am wondering what the criteria is for eligibility for this 4 year rule? The press release says “...it would be unlawful for the Secretary of State to withhold indefinite leave to remain from all those members of the HSMP who were already on the scheme before the 3 April 2006...".

I applied for my HSMP (when I was in UK on work permit) in early March 2006 (old rules) but got my VISA stamped only on Apr 20 2006. Not sure if I qualify under this scheme.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hsmp2010

oh

Post by hsmp2010 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm

this is disoppinting for us who got extension under JR but cant get ILR after 4 years as we are granted hsmp approval after apr,06. :(

bani

Re: oh

Post by bani » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:43 pm

hsmp2010 wrote:this is disoppinting for us who got extension under JR but cant get ILR after 4 years as we are granted hsmp approval after apr,06. :(
nothing you can do about that, it's just about timing. some of us have already paid for Tier 1 extension and are approaching (or have gone past) 5 years already. but it is still a great victory.

jazzmann
Newly Registered

ILR backdated for HSMP review or Citizenship time reduced

Post by jazzmann » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 pm

This is great news that HSMP 4 year rule is backed up by the court to implement back.

Does this mean those people who were on HSMP earlier and were eligible for ILR( indefinite) a few months ago will now get a back dated ILR or will the HO/Border Agency shorten the period as an exception to those who get a delayer ILR when they apply for British citizenship?

bani

Re: ILR backdated for HSMP review or Citizenship time reduce

Post by bani » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 pm

jazzmann wrote:This is great news that HSMP 4 year rule is backed up by the court to implement back.

Does this mean those people who were on HSMP earlier and were eligible for ILR( indefinite) a few months ago will now get a back dated ILR or will the HO/Border Agency shorten the period as an exception to those who get a delayer ILR when they apply for British citizenship?
Not sure how they will implement it. I am on the same boat.

It is a great victory for all even if you are not pre-April 2006. I don't think the HO will again dare to push retrospective laws, and this gives all Tier 1 migrants more security from now on.

republique
BANNED

Re: ILR backdated for HSMP review or Citizenship time reduce

Post by republique » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm

jazzmann wrote:This is great news that HSMP 4 year rule is backed up by the court to implement back.

It doesnt mean anything until the HO makes an annoucement that the will implement it.
Second, the HO still can appeal this ruling so there is nothing to celebrate yet.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Its a very positive step although its too early to celebrate. Lets wait for HO's reaction.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 pm

This is an just extension of last year Judgement and there won't be appeal as there is nothing to argue. So this time around the judgement will be implemented fairly quickluy.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm

I guess even if an appeal were allowed, the HO knows it's very hopeless. By extending this case an extra year the words "illegal", "abuse of power", "legitimate expectation", "human rights" have been thrown about even more. Now they have another JR judge and several AIT judges telling them they were wrong. Plus how many times has the HO's lawyer been called unconvincing in the judgement? It was a disastrous defeat. It would save them a lot of embarrassment if they just let this go, and quickly (I hope).

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 am

What about such case

HSMP approval prior to April 2006 but extension of 4 years granted under new rules (it was before HSMP won case regarding retrospective changes).

Will the home office revoke their 4 years extension & make it for three years?