ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anybody WON an AIT appeal based on Maitainance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack199
Member of Standing

Has anybody WON an AIT appeal based on Maitainance Funds

Post by jack199 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Could you please share your experince of the hearing?

What happened in the hearing?

What questions were asked?

The whole environment? etc etc

Many Many Thanks for sharing your views

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 am

I am also waiting for anyone with that experience to reply. Similar situation - applied for Tier I - "not aware of strict 90 days without dropping below £800 rule" - didnt provide evidence of money during all of that 90 days although there were more than enough funds on those days. Have been given chance to appeal - appeal in May. In the meantime i have got sponsorship for tier II but can't apply as my leave to remain has expired. Its a long story but i was waiting from hospital trust to sort out my tier II and when they were being less than efficient in spite of 3 months notice, i decided to apply for tier I. and the sponsorship arrives a day before i get my rejection letter!!!

Anyway - any info on this subject would be graciously accepted

blade1759
Newly Registered

Re: Has anybody WON an AIT appeal based on Maitainance Funds

Post by blade1759 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello Guys.
Today i won my appeal at hatton cross. my application was rejected on the 18th of feb for not having 800 pounds for a period of 3months. i submitted my application on the 17th of dec 2008. my bank statement only covered the period from 2 sept to 2 of dec 2008. my bal dipped in the first three days of sept. appealed and based my argument on the fact that i had 800pounds prior the date of application.

The jugde just looked at my witness statement and my new bank statement (new evidence). he was disgusted at the decision of the home office, infact he went ahead to commend me as being a 'person that does what he says he will do' - meaning i completed my masters and had the required funds in place. he asked if the HO had any objection. she said no, then he allowed the appeal. this was less than 3minutes.

I just want to say to everyone. the fight is never over. trust in God, put your faith in HIM and he'll meet you at the time of your need. please avoid negative advice rom this forum. be positive. if people say its not possible, be happy because God makes the impossible, possible. if not how else can he claim glory.

so guys appeal and you'll win. if you have any questions, please let me know

PaulJohnAndCo
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by PaulJohnAndCo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:12 pm

You cab submit all your documents and the bank statements covering the period to the AIT 5 days before the hearing. You will satisfy the requirements if you had an overdraft facility which covered the funds required for the maintenance or if you have any funds held overseas.

Regards

Paul

manjit14
Newly Registered

Get a solicitor

Post by manjit14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 pm

THENDIST, u might be a dentist, but u are stupid dumb an idiot if you are not to get hold of a good lawyer, go for a gujrati or punjabi Indian lawyer only, others will talk shit, rob u off your money and mess up your case beyond repair, as far as your case is concerned, u cannot manage it without a lawyer, this is beyond your understanding how to progress on your own, get a solicitor asap.

PS: I was in exactly in your situation an year back, PCT can be helpful cause they are used to overseas skilled workers, however, time might not be in your favour.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Get a solicitor

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 am

manjit14 wrote:THENDIST, u might be a dentist, but u are stupid dumb an idiot if you are not to get hold of a good lawyer, go for a gujrati or punjabi Indian lawyer only, others will talk shit, rob u off your money and mess up your case beyond repair, as far as your case is concerned, u cannot manage it without a lawyer, this is beyond your understanding how to progress on your own, get a solicitor asap.

PS: I was in exactly in your situation an year back, PCT can be helpful cause they are used to overseas skilled workers, however, time might not be in your favour.
nice one mate.

THENDIST

Post by THENDIST » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:57 pm

yeah nice one manjit14 - obviously no clue what you are talking about! but nice language - shows your culture!!! Where did you get the impression that i am not being represented? And if you have any issues with your situation take it elsewhere, not in this forum - this is about helping out other people not slagging off like you do. And good one yasa, for encouraging this!

manuj_78
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by manuj_78 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm

PaulJohnAndCo wrote:You cab submit all your documents and the bank statements covering the period to the AIT 5 days before the hearing. You will satisfy the requirements if you had an overdraft facility which covered the funds required for the maintenance or if you have any funds held overseas.
Are you sure Overdraft facility can be considered as well? I beleive Overdraft facility is a financial instrument and according to home office no financial instrument can be considered.
Can you please clarify as I am framing an appeal letter and clarification on this matter will be extremely helpful.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by jack199 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 pm

manuj_78 wrote:
PaulJohnAndCo wrote:You cab submit all your documents and the bank statements covering the period to the AIT 5 days before the hearing. You will satisfy the requirements if you had an overdraft facility which covered the funds required for the maintenance or if you have any funds held overseas.
Are you sure Overdraft facility can be considered as well? I beleive Overdraft facility is a financial instrument and according to home office no financial instrument can be considered.
Can you please clarify as I am framing an appeal letter and clarification on this matter will be extremely helpful.
No Overdraft can not considered as raw money in ur account. It clearly says on the HO website.