ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with New PBS Dependant form (valid from April 06)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

achintk
Newly Registered

Confusion with New PBS Dependant form (valid from April 06)

Post by achintk » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I have a lot of confusion with the way the PBS dependant form has been formatted on Home Office website.

The section H4 (page 28 ) of the form states :

H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Lltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

Yes No
Now go to question J1

Since I am on HSMP issued in March, 2007 and applying for Tier 1 (General) extension along with my wife's (dependant) application, I should be answering 'No' to this question as this Judicial review policy document applies for HSMP approval letter holders who applied before Nov 7, 2006.

Since I have answered No to this question, Next question is :

H5. Is the main applicant making an application as:
- An initial (switching) application - go to question J2
- An extension of his/her existing leave - go to Section K
- A result of a change of employment - go to Section K

Since I am applying for extending my leave, I select option 2 i.e. "An extension of his/her existing leave."

Now skipping to Section K means I skip section [b]J[/b] altogether which is the section for [b]"Maintenance"[/b] funds. And section J reads as follows:

[size=18][b]J. Maintenance[/b][/size]

[b]Dependants of Tier 1 main applicants[/b]

J1. In order for the application to be approved the dependant must have a minimum level of funds. If they do not have the required level of funds the application will be refused.

The level of funds the dependant must have access to depends on the length of time the main applicant has been in the UK. Please indicate whether the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for:
Less than 12 months Please provide evidence of more than £1600 of available funds
12 months and over Please provide evidence of more than £533 of available funds

[b]Now go to question J3[/b]

Won't my application be rejected if I don't give the details of Maintenance funds for the dependants in the Application form? Why haven't the Home Office checked the forms before posting on their website? The April 06 forms are so confusing as the instructions for filling correct sections have not been updated according to changes made to the forms.

Can anyone please help how to go about filling this form?

thanks
AK

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi,

As i understand From page 28, question H3 you are sent to Question H4 if you select Tier 1 General in Question H3.

you are sent to H5 only if you (Primary applicant ) are applying under Tier 2.

for Tier 1 , from Question H4 next Question is J1 which is maintenance fund.

Regards,
Tipu.

achintk
Newly Registered

Post by achintk » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 pm

That makes sense, I got confused with the flow of going from H4 to J1. I thought if you answer "yes" to H4, then go to question J1 else to H5.

Thanks Tipu for making it clear, that made my life easy.

AK