ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW APPEAL WON (MAINTENANCE)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blade1759
Newly Registered

PSW APPEAL WON (MAINTENANCE)

Post by blade1759 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Hello Guys.
Today i won my appeal at hatton cross. my application was rejected on the 18th of feb for not having 800 pounds for a period of 3months. i submitted my application on the 17th of dec 2008. my bank statement only covered the period from 2 sept to 2 of dec 2008. my bal dipped in the first three days of sept. appealed and based my argument on the fact that i had 800pounds prior the date of application.

The jugde just looked at my witness statement and my new bank statement (new evidence). he was disgusted at the decision of the home office, infact he went ahead to commend me as being a 'person that does what he says he will do' - meaning i completed my masters and had the required funds in place. he asked if the HO had any objection. she said no, then he allowed the appeal. this was less than 3minutes.

I just want to say to everyone. the fight is never over. trust in God, put your faith in HIM and he'll meet you at the time of your need. please avoid negative advice rom this forum. be positive. if people say its not possible, be happy because God makes the impossible, possible. if not how else can he claim glory.

so guys appeal and you'll win. if you have any questions, please let me know

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: PSW APPEAL WON (MAINTENANCE)

Post by Diokpa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 pm

blade1759 wrote:Hello Guys.
Today i won my appeal at hatton cross. my application was rejected on the 18th of feb for not having 800 pounds for a period of 3months. i submitted my application on the 17th of dec 2008. my bank statement only covered the period from 2 sept to 2 of dec 2008. my bal dipped in the first three days of sept. appealed and based my argument on the fact that i had 800pounds prior the date of application.

The jugde just looked at my witness statement and my new bank statement (new evidence). he was disgusted at the decision of the home office, infact he went ahead to commend me as being a 'person that does what he says he will do' - meaning i completed my masters and had the required funds in place. he asked if the HO had any objection. she said no, then he allowed the appeal. this was less than 3minutes.

I just want to say to everyone. the fight is never over. trust in God, put your faith in HIM and he'll meet you at the time of your need. please avoid negative advice rom this forum. be positive. if people say its not possible, be happy because God makes the impossible, possible. if not how else can he claim glory.

That's really good news and will set a different trend for those who have been denied. Thanks for sharing this with us. Congrats!
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

alexis2000

Post by alexis2000 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Fantastic!!
My case is exactly the same as yours... went down £800 on 3 days and now just awaiting for the hearing date!! I'll keep in faith high and hopes for the best!! Congratulations!!!

PS. did you represent by yourself??

blade1759
Newly Registered

Post by blade1759 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 pm

actually employed the service of a lawyer

student2009
Newly Registered

Post by student2009 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:33 pm

blade1759 wrote:actually employed the service of a lawyer
Hey 3 cheers for blade1759 HIP HIP HURRAY!!!
Congrats dude!! My friend is in similar situation. his balance dipped just for 2 days for just 20 pounds and he had nearly 450 in other account. I think he has a strong case. Can u mail me the lawyers contact info so that I can give him. my email address is ms0541@googlemail.com

All the best!

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 am

Congrats

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Nice one. Congrats

mehwy
Newly Registered

Post by mehwy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Congratulations!!
Thank you for sharing your case.

I have the similar case as yours and just got the notice of hearing. but not so clear about the following things, could you please help me take a look:

1. What the waitness statement is? Is it the same statement as the one I have written in my Appeal Form Section G (the reason why I disagree the refusal)?

2. In addition to all the additional documents I have sent with my Appeal Form, can I send more additional evidence this time for the hearing?

3. Did you remember what questions you were asked at the hearing?

In my Appeal Form, I actually checked 'NO' for oral hearing, but the Tribunal decided to proceed my appeal at a hearing. Is it now still possible for me to book a interpreter for my hearing?

Thank you very much for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

sban

Post by sban » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:23 am

Congratulations blade1759, well done.

I would like to highlight the point he is making about being positive. I got a lot of encouragement from positive posts here and managed to win my appeal in a somewhat complicated case, and representing myself. So it is highly doable. One just has to be clear with the argument and be confident.

Mehwy, each case is different so the questions asked by the judge and HO lawyer would be different as well. But the judge would (unless someone had a different experience) be keen to find out why your financed dipped, what other ways you can make up (overseas account etc) and generally inclined towards giving you a fair chance. HO lawyer will try to cross examine you and try to find any ambiguity/faults with your documents. Go through them and prepare for any questions he might ask.

Witness statement is same as what you wrote in Appeal form provided you don't have additional witnesses. See it as a covering letter which outlines why you are appealing, the reasons you want to stay and any additional points you want to make.

You will have check with the AIT website about hiring interpreters.

Good luck.

mehwy
Newly Registered

Post by mehwy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 pm

sban wrote:Congratulations blade1759, well done.

I would like to highlight the point he is making about being positive. I got a lot of encouragement from positive posts here and managed to win my appeal in a somewhat complicated case, and representing myself. So it is highly doable. One just has to be clear with the argument and be confident.

Mehwy, each case is different so the questions asked by the judge and HO lawyer would be different as well. But the judge would (unless someone had a different experience) be keen to find out why your financed dipped, what other ways you can make up (overseas account etc) and generally inclined towards giving you a fair chance. HO lawyer will try to cross examine you and try to find any ambiguity/faults with your documents. Go through them and prepare for any questions he might ask.

Witness statement is same as what you wrote in Appeal form provided you don't have additional witnesses. See it as a covering letter which outlines why you are appealing, the reasons you want to stay and any additional points you want to make.

You will have check with the AIT website about hiring interpreters.

Good luck.
Thank you very much Sban, your comment is very helpful for me indeed. I will prepare as more as possible for any questions they might ask, and will check the AIT website for interpreter arrangement.

Greatly appreciate your help.

All the best.

PaulJohnAndCo
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by PaulJohnAndCo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Dear Mehwy,

The witness statement is a statement which you can submit to the Tribunal explaining your circumstances and why your appealshould be allowed. As regards to the questions it will be regarding the subject matter of your case. I would suggest you to write to the tribunal and request fro an oral hearing. Also if you need an interpreter you can ask in writing to the tribunal and you wiull be provided one.

Regards

Paul John

mehwy
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by mehwy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:02 pm

PaulJohnAndCo wrote:Dear Mehwy,

The witness statement is a statement which you can submit to the Tribunal explaining your circumstances and why your appealshould be allowed. As regards to the questions it will be regarding the subject matter of your case. I would suggest you to write to the tribunal and request fro an oral hearing. Also if you need an interpreter you can ask in writing to the tribunal and you wiull be provided one.

Regards

Paul John
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much indeed.
I will try my best to prepare well for my witness statement and will write to the tribunal to enquire regarding the oral hearing and the interpreter arrangement.
I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,
mehwy

parham.r

Post by parham.r » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi

Many congratulations! I am very delighted to hear that you have won the appeal. It is very encouraging for myself and for the others awaiting to go through it.

As you said I should put my trust in God the Almighty and do my best.

If anyone interested please have a look at my story:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 665#243665

Ariana31
Newly Registered

Post by Ariana31 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 am

Hello blade1759

Thanks for your positive words and for reminding me the power of faith. My hearing is this Thursday 16th, at Hatton Cross as well, on a PSW also refused for a similar issue...

I will come back to this forum after the hearing for details.

:? wish me luck :!: