ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Thanks!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah162
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Thanks!

Post by sarah162 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped with my questions over the past few months. My husband and I were granted ILR on 25 July through the one-day service.

In respect of making a booking and on the day, everything went much as reported in other postings, except that they were running about 1.5 hours late. I was applying under the HSMP programme, although I am still working for the same employer as I was when I had a WP.

They asked for the following documents in addition to the application form, current passports and photos:

- recent bank statements (we had 6 mos)
- recent payslips (again, 6 mos)
- P60s for entire WP period
- original work permit letter
- employer letter (NB - This letter indicated that my last day of employment would be 30.7.05 -- I thought this would be ok, since I wasn't applying under WP, but under HSMP. Interestingly, the immigration officer did not want to see the letter from my new employer indicating a start date of 1.8.05.)
- marriage certificate

After we saw the immigration officer, the preparation of our residency permits took about 2 hours.

Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone else!

Sarah

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Congratulations Sarah and husband! Glad it all worked out ... shame about the delay. Which PEO was that? Croydon?

Naturalisation in a year's time?
John

sarah162
Newly Registered

Post by sarah162 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:02 pm

Yes it was Croydon and yes, naturalisation as soon as possible!