ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kudos to GNIB, Waterford Garda Station

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Kudos to GNIB, Waterford Garda Station

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 am

For years I've made no secret of my disdain for the shoddy practises of the EU Treaty Rights section of the Department of Justice (though, it should be said, they have considerably improved in recent times). In addition, the GNIB in Dublin Burgh Quay have expressed rudeness and incompetence, as have the GNIB at Dublin airport.

However, my local GNIB office, at Waterford Garda Station, is run by a charming gentleman by the name of Patrick Duggan. Pat has always treated my family members and I fairly and correctly, with respect and professionalism.

Recently, Pat has been joined by a female colleague, whom I met yesterday but whose name now escapes me. After only a brief meeting, it is clear that she equals Pat's courteous, polite and strict "by-the-book" methodology.

If every Irish government department employed people like Pat Duggan and his female colleague, Ireland would be better place for everybody.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 pm

I have had the same pleasant experience at the Wicklow garda station (although the first time I went there, he was a bit grumpy because he'd lost most of his pay somehow because of his wife).

So much nicer going in there than Burgh quay! Open in the evenings too. Really knows what he is talking about (I was surprised when he quoted the countries I could enter with less than 3 months left on my passport), so I'm filled with confidence that when I go to get a stamp 4 (Irish national marriage) I won't get a run around like I have in the past.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 pm

as all others i have some pleasant experiences as well with the garda station in askeaton co.limerick the immigration officer is willing to help in whatever she can...and treast you with respect...hope all immigration officers were the same???[/list]

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 pm

yep i will agree to this.. The Immigration Officers one i go to in country side.. quite bit courteous,understanding and flexible init.

Regards
Tiggs

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Had the same experience at Naas Garda Station. Ann McGuinness was informative, helpful and sympathetic.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm

In spite of all the mess in Dublin, I have to say that when I was still a resident of Thurles, Co. Tipperary, Ireland, the local garda-station was respectful, friendly and efficient. :D

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 pm

ever been to cork!!! dont man dont just dont

giveahoot
Newly Registered

Post by giveahoot » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:54 pm

[quote="knapps"]ever been to cork!!! dont man dont just dont[/quote]

The people at the main Cork Garda station are alright, but the ladies at the immigration section seem rude and miserly.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I think you will meet these bad and good flocks everywhere you go.

I envisage a time when i will have something positive to say about the guys at Dublin. Unfortunately, at this present moment i can't.

Their lack of professional skills, intimidating practices and tactics, complete disregard for the rules, and inconsistency among the various staff in their dealing with the public, laziness and poor work ethos, means i can only express feeling of loathe towards them.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 pm

dublin one is full of horrible people waiting for you do say something to them and then they eat you ha.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 pm

ah sorry about ya experience, i tell you something, people who have a sense of humanity they will not treat you bad. People who are jelous of your skills and youself they will try to make you feel low and third class citizen just coz they have a government job. So dont listen to them just keep ya chin up dude. remember youre better and more intelligent than them.
Cheers
solz

jakli
Newly Registered

maynooth garda

Post by jakli » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:11 pm

The immig Guy in maynooth garda station is so annoying, speaks as if we are here to rob the country. I am paying 10000 euros p.a to college for god sake.Imagine the situation if the education here is free like in some Scandinavian countries or Germany.

Heard that the guy's been replaced by decent female officer.
Last edited by jakli on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:42 pm

I have been dealing with Dublin office before (5 years) but moved to carlow/kildare (3 years) and found huge difference in their dealings. No doubt staff at local garda stations in the country side is very helpful, non threatning in their dealings and are by the books. Mr. Dooley in Carlow is bit tough but fair but the lady Ms. Fitzgerald is class.

debe61
Newly Registered

Post by debe61 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:17 am

I deal with the Bailieborough Garda in Co Cavan and the officer I used to use was sound. He retired this past summer and I hope he replacement is just as good!