ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:54 am

For the benefit of those new to the forum:

Scrudu has made an excellent spreadsheet to track applications so that we have an idea of what's going on.
Please feel free to add and update your information (anonymously, of course).

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Called INIS today.
Application sent to minister 01/04/09.
Applyed 10/04/09 based on 5 years WV.
Add docs requested Sep 08.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:13 pm

u0543 wrote:Called INIS today.
Wow! Things have improved!
They are now processing them in advance :lol:

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 pm

tom4 wrote:
u0543 wrote:Called INIS today.
Wow! Things have improved!
They are now processing them in advance :lol:

:D :D
not yet.
applyed 10/04/06.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Very frustrating experience:

Started calling at 10:30. Only managed to get through at around 11:47 and spoke to a lady at around 12:15. She was very vague, stumbling around and was like a broken record going on with Garda report. When I started further probing and started requesting the official escalation process to make an official complaint, she said she need to consult her colleagues and put me on hold but then came back with the famous quote of this decade 'We are still waiting for Gardai report'.

Then asked her what are the timelines to receive Gardai report, she replied 4-6 months. I then told her that mine has been with the Garda since Oct so it has nearly blown the timelines. She then replied it's towards the end now ring back in 2-3 weeks time. I said I'll give it a month rather as I do not want to waste valuable time & resources. If this is stagnant then what do I do?

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 pm

I finally got through after a looong wait and got lady on the line. She was a bit vague but I managed to squeeze out of her the necessary information: basically back from guarda checks and being prepared for final submission, its on the last stage and should hear from them soon. Asked how long soon was but she said she couldn't say.
My application was submitted April 2006!

NearlyIrish

HAPPY EASTER

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:06 am

Happy Easter folks and I would also like to extend my best wishes to our buddies down in INIS. :wink:

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Re: welfare checkings

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38 pm

[quote="tom4"][quote="IwannaBePaddy"]Hi there

I rang to INIS last week and they told me that my app passed Garda
and was in Welfare check (they told me 2-3 weeks for this before going to the minster , do you know how long takes in reality?

thanks
IwannaBePaddy[/quote]

Mine has been in "Welfare check" for over 2 months.
What are your timelines and basis for application?[/quote]

Applied June 2006, Garda check Nov 2008

tom4

Re: welfare checkings

Post by tom4 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:Applied June 2006, Garda check Nov 2008
When did they ask you for more documents (P21, etc.)?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:50 pm

HI Buddies,
Quick one.. my application is also waiting in the queue.. last i heard was gone for Gardi check...
My question is , am going for some dental checkup and cleaning next week, PRSI will pay the bill.(I have private dental insurance also).
Am wondering whether PRSI paying dental exam fees be considered use of social services by any chance while accessing me application???

Any comment be of great help.

Regards
Tiggs

And yea

Happy Easter

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 am

[quote="tiggs"]HI Buddies,
Quick one.. my application is also waiting in the queue.. last i heard was gone for Gardi check...
My question is , am going for some dental checkup and cleaning next week, PRSI will pay the bill.(I have private dental insurance also).
Am wondering whether PRSI paying dental exam fees be considered use of social services by any chance while accessing me application???

Any comment be of great help.

Regards
Tiggs

And yea

tiggs
so you are giving for granted that accessing social welfare is enough to get you disqualified from getting citizenship is this stated in the requirements before applying?

Happy Easter[/quote]

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:39 pm

My whole family and I made use of Dental Benefits, Healthcare, Children's Allowance etc.

The only thing we never used was Jobseekers Allowance.

I had no problem getting naturalised.

You guys are becoming neurotic. One guy even asked whether getting caught driving in a bus lane would disqualify him. Get real!

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

driving points

Post by waiting4ever? » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Lost Soul wrote:My whole family and I made use of Dental Benefits, Healthcare, Children's Allowance etc.

The only thing we never used was Jobseekers Allowance.

I had no problem getting naturalised.

You guys are becoming neurotic. One guy even asked whether getting caught driving in a bus lane would disqualify him. Get real!
What abt. someone getting points for speed driving? Does anyone know if someone was refused for that reason? one of my friend wanted to know abt. it.

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Never heard of anybody being refused naturalisation because of the speeding points.

No Tax/Insurance- yes, this most definitely would cause issues getting approval.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks everyone for input...
And "Lost Soul" Not knowing is always nuerotic..
I have private dental insurance .. will see what whether i opt for PRSI or not. Either ways i have contributed to PRSI over past 10 years..
No more replies needed in this regard...thankx everyone... Will wait patiently for me naturalisation and best luck to all also

Regards
Tiggs..

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:17 am

REQUEST TO ALL: If you are entering data in the http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps, please only enter in your own row of data and DO NOT edit other people's rows of information! Someone has deleted 2 rows of information (Lines 2 & 3) which is very frustrating. Someone also tried to "sort" the data and ended up with the data all jumbled up. Please just enter your row of Information to the bottom of the list (as many rows as you like).

I update the grid daily (highlight grants/denials) and sort the rows according to Application date, so no further editing should be required. Thanks a lot :)

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

great work!

Post by waiting4ever? » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 am

scrudu wrote:REQUEST TO ALL: If you are entering data in the http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps, please only enter in your own row of data and DO NOT edit other people's rows of information! Someone has deleted 2 rows of information (Lines 2 & 3) which is very frustrating. Someone also tried to "sort" the data and ended up with the data all jumbled up. Please just enter your row of Information to the bottom of the list (as many rows as you like).

I update the grid daily (highlight grants/denials) and sort the rows according to Application date, so no further editing should be required. Thanks a lot :)
Great work scrudu. This gives a good idea abt. the waiting period. Seems that lots of 2006 applications are still awaiting decision...

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

thanks..

Post by waiting4ever? » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 am

robin_hood wrote:Never heard of anybody being refused naturalisation because of the speeding points.

No Tax/Insurance- yes, this most definitely would cause issues getting approval.
robin_hood, thanks for your input..anyone else would like to give their input regarding this?

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Re: thanks..

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 am

what about getting unemployment for a year and now signing for tax credits do you think will be an issue?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Any tuesday callers ..
Regards
Tiggs

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

patient n brave

Post by waiting4ever? » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:15 pm

tiggs wrote:Any tuesday callers ..
Regards
Tiggs
adding "patient n brave!" callers is reqd. :-)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:what about getting unemployment for a year and now signing for tax credits do you think will be an issue?
I would think that it most certainly would have an effect on the outcome of youre apllication, unless youre a refugee!

IwannaBePaddy
Newly Registered

Post by IwannaBePaddy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:39 pm

no refugee, spouse of EU citizen who paid my taxes for lot of years until losing my job due to the economic crisis

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:13 pm

IwannaBePaddy wrote:no refugee, spouse of EU citizen who paid my taxes for lot of years until losing my job due to the economic crisis
Im in the same boat, also married to an eu citizen and was recently put on short time, but dont dare to claim unemployment for fear of any repercussion regarding my application.

I hope im wrong for youre sake but for example look at scrudus spreadsheet and you will see that there was a guy who was refused for claiming dole for a year.(Unfair I know, but that the reality of it!)

waiting4ever?
Newly Registered

Re: patient n brave

Post by waiting4ever? » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm

waiting4ever? wrote:
tiggs wrote:Any tuesday callers ..
Regards
Tiggs
adding "patient n brave!" callers is reqd. :-)
no patient n brave callers from tuesday?