ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did you apply in sept/oct 08 and still waiting for passport?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

you applied in Sept/Oct 08 and still waiting for passport?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 16

dreamz

Did you apply in sept/oct 08 and still waiting for passport?

Post by dreamz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi

Many students who applied in sept/oct are still waiting for their passports. If you ring HO, they always give u same answer, waiting for futher consideration. I think its better if we knw how many students who applied in sept/oct are still waiting for their passports and how many have got it back.

Bye

dreamz

Re: Did you apply in sept/oct 08 and still waiting for passp

Post by dreamz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm

dreamz wrote:Hi

Many students who applied in sept/oct are still waiting for their passports. If you ring HO, they always give u same answer, waiting for futher consideration. I think its better if we knw how many students who applied in sept/oct are still waiting for their passports and how many have got it back.

Bye

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Waiting for passport since 31st Oct,2008.

sri14
Newly Registered

Post by sri14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:35 am

Bye
Hi
I have been waiting for my passport from sept and still get the same answer everytime i ring the home office
cheers
sri

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:15 am

sri14 wrote:

Bye
Hi
I have been waiting for my passport from sept and still get the same answer everytime i ring the home office
cheers
sri
from which college you applied?

PaulJohnAndCo
Newly Registered

hi

Post by PaulJohnAndCo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 pm

In case of delay in the processing of your application you can make enquiries to the Home Office through your local MP and you will get a specific reply. If it is more than 6 months then you can threaten the Home Office with a notice of intention to submit an application for Judicial review in the High Court owing to the delay and my experience is that they will process it soon.

Regards

Paul John

dreamz

Re: hi

Post by dreamz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:46 pm

PaulJohnAndCo wrote:In case of delay in the processing of your application you can make enquiries to the Home Office through your local MP and you will get a specific reply. If it is more than 6 months then you can threaten the Home Office with a notice of intention to submit an application for Judicial review in the High Court owing to the delay and my experience is that they will process it soon.

Regards

Paul John
I spoke to my MP, he gave me the same answer that your application has been choosen for extended checks. They are useless. Is there any way we can take them to court for delay in processing?

manjit14
Newly Registered

90% of my guys I know who had been in Q since Oct08 got visa

Post by manjit14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:15 pm

The people I know waiting for PSW visas, all CCL, BITE and some genuines got visas fairly recently, in fact one of my friends got a visa a week back, who applied in Feb 09 and was an overstayer by 4 months on a previous IGS but wanted to go for HSMP rather than further 1 yr under PSW, and even he got visa without any problem at all, but I think he deserved it cause he was a genuine student with a proper master's degree, but boi for others the doggy CCL, BITE's OMG, most of them are quite surprised to be honest with u to even get hold of the visa and that too for a full 2 yrs, even I am surprised, sometimes I feel why to spend 7-9 grands on fees when u can get a perfectly legitimate fake MBA/other master's degree which HO will accept, give u a visa and will even get you a job, cause lets face it most of the guys on a student visa for a master's course are qualified anyway, they are here for a job, not for further studies.

qoolshah
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by qoolshah » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:18 pm

dreamz wrote:
PaulJohnAndCo wrote:In case of delay in the processing of your application you can make enquiries to the Home Office through your local MP and you will get a specific reply. If it is more than 6 months then you can threaten the Home Office with a notice of intention to submit an application for Judicial review in the High Court owing to the delay and my experience is that they will process it soon.

Regards

Paul John
I spoke to my MP, he gave me the same answer that your application has been choosen for extended checks. They are useless. Is there any way we can take them to court for delay in processing?

Well best of luck to all the students who are still waiting here for their passports.
Well I have contacted my local MP aswell but no positive reply and she is F.... B... as her staff member saying to me that she has responded to you by post, and I am waiting for her letter from 2 weeks and they keep saying that just wait for her response, but I dont think so that she has replied and I have rang her office number of times but they dont respond their phone.
After that I have fwd all my corespondence to Panorama BBC, and I have mentioned to them I am going to Suiside as I can not apply for JOB without Passport, and I dont have JOB and Money to survive and HO is ruining my life and there are so many other students who are in same situation.
After that I have recieved a call from BBC, and the guy spoke to me for 15 mins just to calm me down and said not to harm your self and we will contact your local MP, but still MP is not replying and I think she and all local MPs got instructions from Jackie Smith not to respond to complaints like that.
Well I have complaint to HO complaint department aswell but they are same f...... useless as they dont have any brains that in six month there are number of things comes up for someone life.
All I wish is now to give Jackie smith some brain to use, I think she dont have any thing in her head.

If any one from UKBA is reading this, I can say this infront of your Jackie Smith aswell and if you need any of my details I will give it to you as Home Office made my life misserable.

Thanks
Qoolshah

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm

somebody pointed out about CCL bite etc but i have afriend from proper london University with a proper masters degree with some distinctions and he is still waiting for passport since OCT. And one of my colleague got it done in less than a month but he applied last month.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:03 pm

yasa wrote:somebody pointed out about CCL bite etc but i have afriend from proper london University with a proper masters degree with some distinctions and he is still waiting for passport since OCT. And one of my colleague got it done in less than a month but he applied last month.
it all depends on ur luck. Some students with fake degrees got psw in few weeks and real students are still waiting. Our badluck is we dnt know wot we should do.

pakipower1

Post by pakipower1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:48 am

everything should get cleared by the end of this month.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 pm

pakipower1 wrote:everything should get cleared by the end of this month.
I dnt think so.

pakipower1

Post by pakipower1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm

CCL mess hopefully will get cleared in this month then only HO will touch other cases.