ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of Hearing

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Notice of Hearing

Post by swjunkie228 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:40 pm

I received my notice of hearing this morning and I'm confused about the second page (Directions).
You must send the following documents to Asylum and Immigration Tribunal to the above dress and to the respondent, to arrive no later than 5 days before the date of Full Hearing.

App. Resp.
-x------------Witness statements of the evidence to be called at the hearing such statements to stand as evidence in chief at the hearing.
-x------x-----A paginated and indexed bundle of all the documents to be relied on at the hearing with a schedule identifying the essential passages.
Do the tick marks mean that I've already sent them or do I need to resend the documents? I'm confused because I was under the impression I had sent these documents, however it also says in the letter,
The Appellant must end copies of all the documents to the Respondent at...
which is what caused my confusion.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Notice of Hearing

Post by jack199 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 pm

swjunkie228 wrote:I received my notice of hearing this morning and I'm confused about the second page (Directions).
You must send the following documents to Asylum and Immigration Tribunal to the above dress and to the respondent, to arrive no later than 5 days before the date of Full Hearing.

App. Resp.
-x------------Witness statements of the evidence to be called at the hearing such statements to stand as evidence in chief at the hearing.
-x------x-----A paginated and indexed bundle of all the documents to be relied on at the hearing with a schedule identifying the essential passages.
Do the tick marks mean that I've already sent them or do I need to resend the documents? I'm confused because I was under the impression I had sent these documents, however it also says in the letter,
The Appellant must end copies of all the documents to the Respondent at...
which is what caused my confusion.
Yes this is a normal practice. You will have to prepare your bundles and sent one to AIT and the other to HO Rep Unit. You will have to include your witness ststement, there are threads on this forum what witness ststement is and how you can write it. Keep it brief and to the point. Make sure that you send these to AIT and HO Rep unit 5 days before the hearing. You will also have to include any additional documents to overturn your refusal.

All the Best

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Thanks! It just confused me because I'd received a paginated index from the AIT with all of my documents. So just to clarify, in this one I send one with all of the documents I'm calling on to prove that the decision they made was wrong?

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 pm

swjunkie228 wrote:Thanks! It just confused me because I'd received a paginated index from the AIT with all of my documents. So just to clarify, in this one I send one with all of the documents I'm calling on to prove that the decision they made was wrong?
Yes that is your witness statement which you will have to write to argue your points. Its very simple and use the First person(I SWJUNKIE make this statement... bla bla bla) (Grammer rule) in the witness statement.

You will have to make them understand clear cut and use file separaters to separate your documents and make an index page to avoid further confusion. Hope that helps

heman

Post by heman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi,

i have the similar problem, completely cconfused with the bundle that i've got
and dont know if i have to send this to AIT and HO - both of them or to Ait only please??
What did u do at the end please let me know.many thanks mate

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm

heman wrote:Hi,

i have the similar problem, completely cconfused with the bundle that i've got
and dont know if i have to send this to AIT and HO - both of them or to Ait only please??
What did u do at the end please let me know.many thanks mate
You will have to make 2 bundles and send one to AIT and one to HO Rep Unit. On the day of hearing the judge will have the AIT bundle and the HO Rep will have their copy and you/your solicitor will have orignals with you which you sent to AIT and HO Rep unit. Hope that helps

knee_hit
Newly Registered

Post by knee_hit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Jack

If you remember my case, I got into trouble because I posted photocopies of my results, when I achieved my results at a later date.

So, I am quite worried about sending photcopies to AIT and respondent this time. Will that be okay or should I request the University for multiple original copies of my certificates and documents?

Thank you.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 am

knee_hit wrote:Hi Jack

If you remember my case, I got into trouble because I posted photocopies of my results, when I achieved my results at a later date.

So, I am quite worried about sending photcopies to AIT and respondent this time. Will that be okay or should I request the University for multiple original copies of my certificates and documents?

Thank you.
No photocopies would be fine mate as you are going to get a hearing date. If you are going for the oral hearing then you just send the photocopies but if you are asking for a written decision then you need to send the orignals.

But i were you i would ask for the oral hearing and face the HO Rep in the hearing who would be embarraced at the hearing or might even not turn up! so yes sent them photocopies and ask for oral hearing.

All the best

knee_hit
Newly Registered

Post by knee_hit » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 am

Hi

So to summarize, I will have to send photocopies of all the original documents that I shall present on hearing day to both AIT and HO in a neat and well arranged manner.

Also, am I required to send the witness statement to both or only AIT?

One more querry please guys, Will presenting all my proofs and documents at an early stage not present an opportunity to the HO to be better preapred?

should I not surprise them with the documents on the hearing day itself? what do you think about it?

thank you.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 am

Hi

So to summarize, I will have to send photocopies of all the original documents that I shall present on hearing day to both AIT and HO in a neat and well arranged manner.
Yes you will have to send it to AIT and HO Rep unit, in a well organised manner. 2 copies 1 to AIT and 1 to HO.
Also, am I required to send the witness statement to both or only AIT?
Yes you will have to send it to both HO and AIT. Without sending witness statement your case is not strong at all. Witness statement is your argument to the judge and HO that why HO should not refused you at the first place and why should they allow your appeal. Its that simple. Without witness statement, the chances of winning the appeal are very low.
One more querry please guys, Will presenting all my proofs and documents at an early stage not present an opportunity to the HO to be better preapred?
If your case is strong then you dont have to worry about. The judge will surprise HO and will take the shit out of HO.
should I not surprise them with the documents on the hearing day itself? what do you think about it?
Like i said judge can do that on your behalf. Sometime HO Rep are not even prepared and might even not turn up on the day this happens quite a lot.

Hope that helps.