ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deleted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

penerod
Newly Registered

deleted

Post by penerod » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:33 pm

deleted
Last edited by penerod on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

republique
BANNED

Re: getting someone deported for their own good?

Post by republique » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 pm

penerod wrote:Hi there, I'm not sure if I am writing in the correct place or to the correct audience, if anybody could direct me elsewhere that would be great.

Anyway, basically my best friend has overstayed for 2 years because she got addicted to heroin, she has become one of the unfortunate ones who has lost everything and has spiraled downwards, and now she is is now a heroin addict begging for money on the streets of London sheltering in a house with no power/water/gas, pretty much homeless.
I am considering informing immigration about her, I know that isn't a very nice thing to do, but after all her friends unsuccessfully trying to help her for the past 3 years, it seems like the only option left to save her life.

Does anybody know the process when someone is deported? I don't know who to talk to to get help and advice.

Any help much appreciated.
Well I am not into someone acting like some kind of judge of someone else but will getting her deported make her stop using heroine? I kind of doubt it.

penerod
Newly Registered

deleted

Post by penerod » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 pm

deleted
Last edited by penerod on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penerod
Newly Registered

deleted

Post by penerod » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:44 pm

deleted
Last edited by penerod on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am

penerod wrote:....and does anybody know who pays for the plane ticket? The deported person gets the bill some time after they have been deported?
Yes, it's paid for by all the other immigrants here who are trying to sort out their own lives.

Those ever increasing application fees don't just cover shiny new uniforms and biometric tests.
Oh, the drama...!

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:00 am

If you feel that sending her back to Home Country will be the best choice then try these people http://www.iom.int/jahia/jsp/index.jsp
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

ryan007
Newly Registered

Post by ryan007 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:30 pm

i know a similar case. but instead of deporting the person. they did a risk assessment and send him into rehabilitation. i hope she gets the same luck. you should just pick up the phone ring up the hotline and seek for professional advice

penerod
Newly Registered

deleted

Post by penerod » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:46 am

deleted