ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

identity theft

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ryan007
Newly Registered

identity theft

Post by ryan007 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:09 pm

hi i came to the uk 5 years ago to study on a student visa. i got scammed n robbed by gangsters. they fraudulently copied my bank cards and open many bnk accounts n applied for creditcardson my name. due to all this i was forced to full time employment and had to stop studying and even had to stay here illegally. i have crime number from the police and everything but don't know how to get out of this trouble. they've emptied my bank account and i'm living hell. i really need help. i want to explain my situation but don't know if i should and the consequences but i hate being illegal mainly when i was the victim. i don't know where to begin and how to begin. can anyone please help

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Ryan007

So lets get this right
i got scammed n robbed by gangsters
Are you sure you did not willingly give them your details and hope to make a quick buck yourself, because if l were in your shoes and someone had stolen my information l would have contacted my bank, credit card issuer etc to change all details and insurance would have covered all compensation for any losses.

I may be taking the wrong angle on this but your bank and credit card issuer should have helped you if you had reported it to them.

I will move onto advice which helps:
Depending on how long the fraud took place, inform your bank and card issuer and hope they can help you. Give them the police crime number and hope they take your side.
You are now illegal, so l would consider returning home, probably reapplying and hope you are not stopped at the airport when leaving.

Biggie.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 am

And how where you 'forced' into full time employment? At gunpoint?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 am

Bullsh**t story!

How can they force you to work and why didn't you go to the police when you noticed someone stole your identity?

ryan007
Newly Registered

Post by ryan007 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 pm

hey i meant i had no money at all left in my pocket. so i had to work full time to be able to stay alive. the banks are taking forever to resolve the matter. the credit card companies always says we are working on your case and will resolve the problem soon. but time is passing by. its been 5 years now. nothing happened yet. its not a lie. this is real life story. i had all my money for my course and my living expenses for 3 years wired to me. but its all gone. i just want a way out of it. i don't mind going back home as long as i get everything back