ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Now have approval BUT.....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Now have approval BUT.....

Post by yodiyokun » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:42 pm

Please I need some advise.

I got my HSMP approval sometime this week.
unfortunatley i cannot go for EC immediately because my passport is presently with the deputy high commision of my country as i applied for student visa about 2 weeks ago. as i dint want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Now my dilemna is that most likely i will be called for an interview for the student visa in another 2 weeks.... should i attend or not having in mind that i will also apply for EC for hsmp almost immediately after the interview for the student visa.
I really dont know what to do??

I dont want to ruin the chances of this HSMP visa.
please i will appreciate all suggestions

thanks
yodiyokun
My bow has been renewed

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:30 pm

Hi Yodi,

I would advise thet you withdraw your student visa application and apply for HSMP.

HSMP definately covers Student visa, so you do not need the student visa again

Take care and goodluck
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:36 am

How do I go about withdrawing the application.
My bow has been renewed

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:11 am

It is not clear from your post whether your student visa application is at the UK mission. If it is then simply send a fax withdrawing application and requesting your documents back. You will likely lose your fee if as it seems processing has commenced.

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Yodiyokun, You are a true nigeria, ever despirate to leave the country.
Anyway, I would advice you not to withdrawal the student visa. Go for the interview and get the visa. you can also get the HSMP visa as well and if the ECO deem it fit, the student visa may be cancelled.

I thought you don't want to put your eggs in one basket, what if you withdraw the student application and your HSMP visa is refused?
God forbid. Nothing to lose for having both visas. Many nigerians are being refused nowadays for unimaginable reasons.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:10 pm

shonolaku wrote:Yodiyokun, You are a true nigeria, ever despirate to leave the country.
Anyway, I would advice you not to withdrawal the student visa. Go for the interview and get the visa. you can also get the HSMP visa as well and if the ECO deem it fit, the student visa may be cancelled.

I thought you don't want to put your eggs in one basket, what if you withdraw the student application and your HSMP visa is refused?
God forbid. Nothing to lose for having both visas. Many nigerians are being refused nowadays for unimaginable reasons.
thanks dear,
i am indeed a true nigeria, but not depesrate just realistic.
but i have thought about the whole thing and i will not withdraw the application. lets wait for it to come back and i will use that time to prepare for my HSMP approval.
My bow has been renewed