ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Maintenance funds query

Post by Visa_Novice » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 pm

WP to tier-1 in-country old rules, already applied in March last week.
I have shown my payslip from 01 April 08 to to 28 Feb 09. I have shown my maintenance fund duration from 10 Dec 08 to 23 March 09 (More than 3 months).
Does my maintenance funds also needs to be shown uptill 28 Feb 09 only and not 23 March 09?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance funds query

Post by push » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:WP to tier-1 in-country old rules, already applied in March last week.
I have shown my payslip from 01 April 08 to to 28 Feb 09. I have shown my maintenance fund duration from 10 Dec 08 to 23 March 09 (More than 3 months).
Does my maintenance funds also needs to be shown uptill 28 Feb 09 only and not 23 March 09?
you have done the right thing. All the best.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Maintenance funds query

Post by maheshnair » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 am

Visa_Novice wrote:WP to tier-1 in-country old rules, already applied in March last week.

Yes . Agree with Push ....

your maintainenece fund cannot be > 1 month from data of app else rejected .

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Where does on ukba website it is written which verifies your statements
Shall I assume that I have done the right thing ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:
Where does on ukba website it is written which verifies your statements
Shall I assume that I have done the right thing ?
For a starter look at the guidance notes. The following is straight copy paste from the UKBA website (maintenance section):
For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.
Hope that satisfies you.
regards,
push

sunny2004

Maintenance Fund Query

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 pm

This is very urgent and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
This is the extract from UKBA’s Tier 1 general Policy Guidelines.
I am submitting this particular letter to prove my Maintenance Fund Requirements.

Letter from bank confirming funds and iii) that they have been in the bank for at least three months:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the letter
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
the funds held in the applicant’s account•
that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been “• in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.â€

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Fund Query

Post by push » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm

[quote="sunny2004"]This is very urgent and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
This is the extract from UKBA’s Tier 1 general Policy Guidelines.
I am submitting this particular letter to prove my Maintenance Fund Requirements.

Letter from bank confirming funds and iii) that they have been in the bank for at least three months:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the letter
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
the funds held in the applicant’s account•
that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been “• in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.â€
regards,
push

sunny2004

Maintenance Fund Query

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Thanks Push_HSMP

As I mentioned in my post, bank only confirms the balance on closing business of previous day. However I did ask bank to state balance as on that date & time the letter was issued, but sadly they denied.

They also mentioned that no Bank will fulfill such requirement.

Can you please clarify is there any issue with what bank has provided at the moment?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Fund Query

Post by push » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 pm

sunny2004 wrote:Thanks Push_HSMP

As I mentioned in my post, bank only confirms the balance on closing business of previous day. However I did ask bank to state balance as on that date & time the letter was issued, but sadly they denied.

They also mentioned that no Bank will fulfill such requirement.

Can you please clarify is there any issue with what bank has provided at the moment?
Can you post exact wording (only relevant part and including the dates etc.) of what bank has said/willing to say in the letter please?
regards,
push

sunny2004

Post by sunny2004 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 pm

"The minimum balance of <£XXXXX> has always been maintained in the a/c <XXXXXX> held by <Name> , from 01-Jan-2009 to 07-Apr-2009"

The date of letter : 08-Apr-2009

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 am

sunny2004 wrote:"The minimum balance of <£XXXXX> has always been maintained in the a/c <XXXXXX> held by <Name> , from 01-Jan-2009 to 07-Apr-2009"

The date of letter : 08-Apr-2009
Ok. See this should be fine but does not cover the possibility of your application falling into the hands of a caseworker who is in a bad mood that day (and as per guidance note he would be well within his right to reject the application). I also agree with you that it is impossible for a bank to say that you have maintained xxx funds from xxx till today (with today not being over yet). So you can go ahead and take the chance (highly in your favour). If you are risk averse like me (quite opposite of the way I am on the trading floor) then you can try and get a letter with the following wordings:

"The minimum balance of <£XXXXX> has always been maintained in the a/c <XXXXXX> held by <Name> , from 01-Jan-2009 to 07-Apr-2009". At the time of issuance of this letter, the account has a balance of GBP xxxxxx.

Bank should not have any objection in issuing this kind of certificate. Btw where are you applying from and which Bank it is?
regards,
push

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:28 am

In any case he is showing funds for more than three months. So whatever date UKBA consider, whether 8 or 7, his minimum balance is maintained from 1 Jan to 1 Apr and that should be sufficient evidence. Correct me if I am wrong.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 am

Visa_Novice wrote:In any case he is showing funds for more than three months. So whatever date UKBA consider, whether 8 or 7, his minimum balance is maintained from 1 Jan to 1 Apr and that should be sufficient evidence. Correct me if I am wrong.
The guidance note says:
that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.â€
regards,
push

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Even in my case my bank statement do not say any thing for the date I have taken bank statement on. So am I also in danger ? Shall I get a letter from bank stating my bank statement on that day and send it to UKBA as additional document ?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Even in my case my bank statement do not say any thing for the date I have taken bank statement on. So am I also in danger ? Shall I get a letter from bank stating my bank statement on that day and send it to UKBA as additional document ?
Hi,

Reading at your post, as long as all the following are correct, you are safe as heavan -

1. You have sent the statament from 10/12/2008 till 23/03/2009
2. You have sufficient funds in you account from 24/12/2008 till 23/03/3009 (be it 2800 or 800 GBP)

Now, CONSIDER the following -

1. IS you bank account hold with any of the major bank in UK?? i.e Natwest, barclays...

YES - ARE you recieving paper statements? If so, you do not need any additional letter from your bank stating your balance for scertain period. Since, your bank statement will show all the entries (in/out, dd, standing order etc)

NO - SEE NEXT QUESTION -

2. IS your account online?

YES - YOU should have been better off requesting the statement to show the funds and it could have avoided the conflicts of having addtional authentication from the bank.

NO - REFER topic no 1 or 3.

3. IS your account only allow you to recieve EMail statements?

YES - YOU MUST send the additional letter from the bank confirming the account details -> Your name, you are th account holder, your address, acc no and sort code.

You bank statement do not say the date - fair enough but it shows the transactions right? If it does, case workir will consider - last date of the transaction in your statement and go back 3 months from there. If you have funds in the mentioned period -I dnt see no reasons why you should panic.

Let me know if you are not clear of anything

Thanks,
R

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Reading at your post, as long as all the following are correct, you are safe as heavan -

1. You have sent the statament from 10/12/2008 till 23/03/2009
2. You have sufficient funds in you account from 24/12/2008 till 23/03/3009 (be it 2800 or 800 GBP)
I fulfil both of the above conditions. I have sent statement starting from 31 Oct to 25th March stating that my maintenance funds should be consider from 10 Dec 08 to 23 March 09 (19 March was the last transaction date).
Am I correct ?
Now, CONSIDER the following -

1. IS you bank account hold with any of the major bank in UK?? i.e Natwest, barclays...

YES - ARE you recieving paper statements? If so, you do not need any additional letter from your bank stating your balance for scertain period. Since, your bank statement will show all the entries (in/out, dd, standing order etc)
My bank account is with HSBC. The statement submitted by me has been collected from branch by visiting and getting it printed it on HSBC letterhead.
Am I correct ?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 pm

It looks okay mate. It shouldn't be any problem
x

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Even in my case my bank statement do not say any thing for the date I have taken bank statement on. So am I also in danger ? Shall I get a letter from bank stating my bank statement on that day and send it to UKBA as additional document ?
Our discussion was relevant only for the Letter issued by the Bank and not regarding the bank statements.
regards,
push

sunny2004

Post by sunny2004 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:59 pm

I have stuck with another issue regarding my Internet Bank Statments.

1. I have Online Bank Statements printed on Bank's Letter head from Internet Banking but niether supported by letter nor stamped.

2. I also have Online Bank statments which are not printed on Bank's Letter Head but it's supported by Bank's letter.
The letter states "We confirm that you hold a/c <XXXXXX> with us. Please find attached statments provided by <Bank's Name> for the period covering <From Date> and <To Date>.

Can anyone please guide us to choose the best and reliable option from the above?