ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PK001

Dependant Visa Query

Post by PK001 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi,

I am in UK for since 2006 on work permit. I applied my wife's visa as "dependent of work permit holder" from Pakistan. After applying, I cam back UK. In the mean time, HO inteded to make changes in Tier 1. I also applied for my Tier 1 application while my wife visa was in process, in pakistan, for different category.

During last week, I got my stamped visa and my wife also got ger. But now I am confused regarding my wife's arrival, as her visa is work permit dependent while my visa status has changed now. Now I have 2 options in my mind:

1) - I should ask my wife to come here and make new application for Tier 1 dependent visa, or
2) - Again I should apply for Tier 1 visa from Pakistan.

Senior members please reply. As its very complicated situation and I am not sure about legality of her stay in UK under different category.

Any thought on it will be welcomed.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:38 pm

It is a complicated situation. I dont think you should take a risk of calling over your spouse with her WP Dependent visa, since you have gone ahead and changed your status. To the bst of my knowledge, you will need to reapply for your wife's dependent visa again. And unfortunately that means spanking out YET another 700 odd STERLING POUNDS :(

Senior could possibly give you better advice, since mine is just an opinion arrived from logical thinking :roll:

PK001

Post by PK001 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:02 pm

For attention of senior member .. please.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:45 pm

It would be logical to think that since your wife's visa is tied into your visa status, your "upgrade" should automatically apply to her as well. But thats just me thinking out aloud. I'd call either the embassy in Pakistan, or the Border Agency in the UK to query this. Hopefully, it will just be a case of reissuing the visa, and no applications/fees will be required.

Good luck!

PK001

Post by PK001 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks LunkaFunkin !!

Looking for the response against this quer from HO.