ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reimbursements as salary.....please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Reimbursements as salary.....please help

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi All,
I have a doubt whether reimbursement amount every month will be cnsidered as Salary too. The reimbursements are shown as flexible components and are part of the CTC.
Should I produce any letter explainining the same while applying?

Anybody had faced this situation before, please advise.

Please need your help. Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Reimbursements as salary.....please help

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:24 am

Ohio_Fireblade wrote:Hi All,
I have a doubt whether reimbursement amount every month will be cnsidered as Salary too. The reimbursements are shown as flexible components and are part of the CTC.
Should I produce any letter explainining the same while applying?

Anybody had faced this situation before, please advise.

Please need your help. Thanks.
Reimbursements can not be treated as part of the gross salary for the purpose of claiming points for earnings. Just prepare a table showing monthly gross, reimbursement, eligible gross amount (gross-reimbursements), deductions and net salary (credited to your account) in the cover paper and you should be fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Push,
can you give me your email ID, I want to discuss with you the scenario right now. Please put a email to watchtower_guy@yahoo.com.

Thanks for the help.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:02 am

I had a similar situation when I applied for my initial HSMP. I was reimburshed money by my company. This amount was mentioned in my payslip and also shown added into my gross salary(for that particular payslip). Home Office accepted this reimbursed amount as gross as was shown as in payslip and also contributes to gross.

The same has been considered for few of my other colleagues too. I can inferred that it is accepted provided it is mentioned clearly in your payslips and added into the gross salary.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:59 am

chetanojha wrote:I had a similar situation when I applied for my initial HSMP. I was reimburshed money by my company. This amount was mentioned in my payslip and also shown added into my gross salary(for that particular payslip). Home Office accepted this reimbursed amount as gross as was shown as in payslip and also contributes to gross.

The same has been considered for few of my other colleagues too. I can inferred that it is accepted provided it is mentioned clearly in your payslips and added into the gross salary.
This might be a case of some people getting plain lucky. The guidance notes clearly state that
125. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
If someone travels a lot as part of his job and the company reimburses for his hotel and travel expenses and the same is mentioned in the salary slips then the amount on reimbursements will not be considered as part of his earnings (he has not "earned" this money; he just has been repaid the amount which the compay should have paid directly in the first place)
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Ohio_Fireblade wrote:Hi Push,
can you give me your email ID, I want to discuss with you the scenario right now. Please put a email to watchtower_guy@yahoo.com.

Thanks for the help.
Send me a Personal Message and I will respond. Apologies but I would prefer to remain faceless/anonymous. Happy to help as much as possible. Hope you appreciate.
regards,
push

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:I had a similar situation when I applied for my initial HSMP. I was reimburshed money by my company. This amount was mentioned in my payslip and also shown added into my gross salary(for that particular payslip). Home Office accepted this reimbursed amount as gross as was shown as in payslip and also contributes to gross.

This might be a case of some people getting plain lucky. The guidance notes clearly state that
125. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
If someone travels a lot as part of his job and the company reimburses for his hotel and travel expenses and the same is mentioned in the salary slips then the amount on reimbursements will not be considered as part of his earnings (he has not "earned" this money; he just has been repaid the amount which the compay should have paid directly in the first place)
Can you please clarify my scenario..... i have applied for tier 1 in last week of march and have claimed 35 points for previous earnings. After going thoriugh the post, i realised that i have inadvertently claimed for my flight ticket expenses. It is under the heading 'expenses' in online payslip, would it be any problem. If that 'expenses' money is taken out, i would fal into previous category and would be eligible for 30 points. However, i would still be eligible for Tier 1 - 85 points...... Do you think it wud be any problem for case worker? ....

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

Can you please clarify my scenario..... i have applied for tier 1 in last week of march and have claimed 35 points for previous earnings. After going thoriugh the post, i realised that i have inadvertently claimed for my flight ticket expenses. It is under the heading 'expenses' in online payslip, would it be any problem. If that 'expenses' money is taken out, i would fal into previous category and would be eligible for 30 points. However, i would still be eligible for Tier 1 - 85 points...... Do you think it wud be any problem for case worker? ....
can anyone please clarify on the above question...thanx... much appreciated

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Well you can not claim points for such reimbursements. Now it might happen that the case worker simply overlook it and things workout for you - You might decide to take a chance.

On the contrary if you do not consider yourself so lucky then you might want to take the risk of highlighting the isssue (which probably would have been unwarranted if you were lucky) by sending a follow-up letter to HO. The problem is that the case-worker should not be expected to do any calculations for you i.e. they would simply not try to deduce anything from the evidence submitted. Just highlight that you erroneously included one re-imbursement in the month ox xxxx in the Gross Salary and would not want the same to be considered for the calculation of Gross Salary. This would bring down your gross earnings to xxx and you do still make it to the minimum threshold.
regards,
push

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:25 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Well you can not claim points for such reimbursements. Now it might happen that the case worker simply overlook it and things workout for you - You might decide to take a chance.

On the contrary if you do not consider yourself so lucky then you might want to take the risk of highlighting the isssue (which probably would have been unwarranted if you were lucky) by sending a follow-up letter to HO. The problem is that the case-worker should not be expected to do any calculations for you i.e. they would simply not try to deduce anything from the evidence submitted. Just highlight that you erroneously included one re-imbursement in the month ox xxxx in the Gross Salary and would not want the same to be considered for the calculation of Gross Salary. This would bring down your gross earnings to xxx and you do still make it to the minimum threshold.
I mean even if they take out the complete month's salary, i would still be able to secure enough points for getting approval.

Do you reckon, i should fax some letter to caseworker about this...thanx... i dont think this could have any impact on my application, wat do you say?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 am

destiniation_london wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Well you can not claim points for such reimbursements. Now it might happen that the case worker simply overlook it and things workout for you - You might decide to take a chance.

I mean even if they take out the complete month's salary, i would still be able to secure enough points for getting approval.

Do you reckon, i should fax some letter to caseworker about this...thanx... i dont think this could have any impact on my application, wat do you say?
I know that you would still meet the requisite points but the problem is, the case workers do not do calculations for the applicants. I think sending them a fax would not hurt your chances.
regards,
push