ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:12 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
amit0277 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:But unless you provide proof for your own maintenance funds how would you prove that you are not using the same funds for your dependents?
Latest response from UKBA:

Dear Mr Sharma,
Thank you for your enquiry.

As advised by my colleague, if your dependants are applying separately you do not need to provide evidence for your own maintenance, as you would have provided this information in your own application.
Please see page 8 of the PBS (dependant) policy guidance.
If the Tier 1 migrant has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her.
Therefore, you need to show at least £1600 for each dependant.
Yours sincerely,
this shud be a big relief for all of us mate. Tanks for posting this. I had applied from india with my bank statements for my spouse with the balance of 1600 GBP (and bit more on top)
Did you show the same fund/account which you had used for your tier 1 application?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:14 pm

yes. when i applied i showed from november to January,,, and used same acc for my wife from December to march

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 pm

raxs1983 wrote:yes. when i applied i showed from november to January,,, and used same acc for my wife from December to march
Are you sure that you can use the same fund and account for your dependents? The guidance mentions that same fund and account cannot be used for the dependents...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:26 pm

hws tht they can fig out tht its the same statement i usd for my application?? god knws whts right n whts wrng.. :(

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Dont worry things will be positive for us. All the best.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm

amit0277 wrote:Dont worry things will be positive for us. All the best.
Here is a thought - If I do not need to show any maintanance fund for myself, what diff it makes if i use the same account or a diffrent account for my dependent? System can be manipulated ither ways. What stops one to transfer his money from the account he used (eg X Bank) to the one he will be using for dependent (eg Y Bank)?
He doesnt have to show th funds for himself anyways? Stupid law this is. It could have been laid out in lot better way
x

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:43 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
amit0277 wrote:Dont worry things will be positive for us. All the best.
Here is a thought - If I do not need to show any maintanance fund for myself, what diff it makes if i use the same account or a diffrent account for my dependent? System can be manipulated ither ways. What stops one to transfer his money from the account he used (eg X Bank) to the one he will be using for dependent (eg Y Bank)?
He doesnt have to show th funds for himself anyways? Stupid law this is. It could have been laid out in lot better way
x
May be but currently this is the law... and there is nothing we can do about it.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi All,

I have the similar query.

I got my Tier1 (G) approved in March 09 and Now I am In the UK.I had showed 2800 GBP as maintenennce for my EC.Now I have already used my 2800 GBP( for my accomodation & travel to UK etc) .

Next Month May 2009 , My Spose N Kid will be submitting for EC as my dependents. . However, I have maintained GBP 3500 for my dependents. So, in this case I need not show 2800 GBPs( as I am using it in the UK) which I had showed during my EC. Is my analysis correct?.

Basically, maintenence funds are to prove HO that U can take care of u r sefl till u get job in the UK. If U are in Uk and using that fund which u had shown during your EC, there is NO question of you still show your 2800 GBPs along with your dependents applying seperately???....Let me know if I am wrong.

Regards,
dima

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Clarification from OISC Registered Consultants

Post by dima » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 pm

amit0277 wrote:I had raised following query to a OSIC consultant:

I have been granted Tier 1 (General) visa on Dec 01 2008. I have travelled to UK on Jan 31 2009 and have recently joined a 6 months fixed term contract. Now I would like to apply visa for my wife and daughter. I understand we have to show maintenance fund i.e £1600 per dependent. I would be grateful if you can clarify my doubts which are mentioned below:

1. Do I have to show maintenance fund for myself as I am the main applicant along with my dependents? I.E £2800 + £1600 + £ 1600

2. Can my wife show maintenance fund from her bank account?

3. In case I have to show maintenance fund for myself, Can I show funds from my India account which I used for my visa application?

His Response:

1.No (You already have the visa)
2.Yes
3. No need

Hi All,

I got my Tier1 (G) approved in March 09 and Now I am In the UK.I had showed 2800 GBP as maintenennce for my EC.Now I am using my 2800 GBP( for my accomodation & travel to UK etc) .

Next Month May 2009 , My Spose N Kid will be submitting for EC as my dependents. . However, I have maintained GBP 3500 for my dependents. So, in this case I need not show 2800 GBPs( as I am using it in the UK) which I had showed during my EC. Is my analysis correct?.

Basically, maintenence funds are to prove HO that U can take care of u r self till u get job in the UK. If U are in Uk and using that fund which u had shown during your EC, there is NO question of you still show your 2800 GBPs along with your dependents applying seperately???....

I hope now we know, Main applicant( afte the EC approval) need not show 2800 GBPs , when his dependdnets are applying seperately. As a matter of fact. he/she would be using that amount(2800 GBPs ) for his/her servival In the UK till he/she gets a job there.(& That is the main purpose , that HO wanting to see maintenence funds from the visa applicats).

Regards,
dima

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 pm

dima wrote:Hi All,

I got my Tier1 (G) approved in March 09 and Now I am In the UK.I had showed 2800 GBP as maintenennce for my EC.Now I have already used my 2800 GBP( for my accomodation & travel to UK etc) .

Basically, maintenence funds are to prove HO that U can take care of u r sefl till u get job in the UK. If U are in Uk and using that fund which u had shown during your EC, there is NO question of you still show your 2800 GBPs along with your dependents applying seperately???....Let me know if I am wrong.

Regards,
dima
This is slightly different from the points raised above where the main applicant wants to use the same funds for their dependents too. My contention is - this is not the spirit of the rules because if this was so, every person who had problems re maintenance funds would have applied just for the main applicant first and after a few days for his applicants using the same funds. On top of this, this would have come at no cost to the applicants outside UK as they would have had to pay saparate VISA fee for themselves and dependents, whether or not they applied together. Although Amit has got a confirmation from HO, I think he specified whether he intended to use the same funds for his dependents as he had used for his dependents.

Logically also, the purpose of the rule is to ensure that Main applicant and dependents have access to sufficient funds when they enter UK. If the same set of funds is used this can not be ensured.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:01 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
dima wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
dima
This is slightly different from the points raised above where the main applicant wants to use the same funds for their dependents too. My contention is - this is not the spirit of the rules because if this was so, every person who had problems re maintenance funds would have applied just for the main applicant first and after a few days for his applicants using the same funds. On top of this, this would have come at no cost to the applicants outside UK as they would have had to pay saparate VISA fee for themselves and dependents, whether or not they applied together. Although Amit has got a confirmation from HO, I think he specified whether he intended to use the same funds for his dependents as he had used for his dependents.

Logically also, the purpose of the rule is to ensure that Main applicant and dependents have access to sufficient funds when they enter UK. If the same set of funds is used this can not be ensured.

even then , even the same funds are used, as long as the Main appcant in UK he will be using some funds which we may not always tell HO.

They need not know, which money we are using. You may get funds from other sourses etc... so, they are keen to know, If the main applicants accomodation proof etc from the UK.

I guess they can show the same funds.... for the next 3 moths.. may be they can change the funds to FD or some thing....i.e if the main applicant has shown it as SB acount, now change the amount as a FD for dependent. so a difference in the form will make a lot of difference..

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 pm

I have similar query.
1) I have shown maintenance funds from 10/12/2008 to 19/03/2009 (More than 3 months) but in the cover letter I have written duration as 10/12/2008 to 23/03/2009 . Is this something which can create problem ? Do I need to inform UKBA with the correct duration?

2) My wife has been present in UK for less than 12 months. I am in UK and she is with me in UK currently. I have been in UK for more than a year (16/03/08 to till date) but I have shown payslip starting from 1 Apr 08 to 28 Feb 09. Now my question is how do they verify that applicant has lived in UK for 12 months ? Based on Payslip or based on immigration stamp on passport ? Also the maintenance funds that I have shown is 1600 + 533 GBP. is that correct amount ?

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I have similar query.
1) I have shown maintenance funds from 10/12/2008 to 19/03/2009 (More than 3 months) but in the cover letter I have written duration as 10/12/2008 to 23/03/2009 . Is this something which can create problem ? Do I need to inform UKBA with the correct duration?
You should inform HO that you intend to show funds for 3 months period ending 19/03/2009 rather than 23/03/2009.
Visa_Novice wrote:2) My wife has been present in UK for less than 12 months. I am in UK and she is with me in UK currently. I have been in UK for more than a year (16/03/08 to till date) but I have shown payslip starting from 1 Apr 08 to 28 Feb 09. Now my question is how do they verify that applicant has lived in UK for 12 months ? Based on Payslip or based on immigration stamp on passport ? Also the maintenance funds that I have shown is 1600 + 533 GBP. is that correct amount ?
HO has data re your entry to UK so they can determine since when you have been in UK (& that probably is the reason that they dont ask applicants to provide a proof for the same). If the main applicant has been in UK for more than 12 months he needs to show GBP 800 (for himself) and GBP 533 (per dependant, if applicable)
regards,
push

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:31 pm

You should inform HO that you intend to show funds for 3 months period ending 19/03/2009 rather than 23/03/2009.
Is it something that can really create problem / lead to rejection of visa ?
I have taken bank statement on 23/03/2009 from bank.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 am

Visa_Novice wrote:
Is it something that can really create problem / lead to rejection of visa ?
I have taken bank statement on 23/03/2009 from bank.

If you took the statement on 23/03/2009 that means the balance it shows was as of 23/03/2009 (19/03/2009 might have been the last transaction). If this is the case then there is no problem. I dont know why did you say "I have shown maintenance funds from 10/12/2008 to 19/03/2009 " in the first place then??
regards,
push

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:40 am

I am sorry...but I have just checked that bank statement was taken on 25 March.
I am sorry for earlier data. Actually I have taken bank statement on 23rd and 25th . Earlier I was in impressino that I have given bank statement of 23rd but actually it was of 25th.

So current bank statement status is, I have given bank statement dated 25th which shows last transction on 19th where as in the cover letter I have written maintenance funds duration as 10 Dec 08 - 23 March 09 whereas bank statement given by me has transctions of November month as well where my maintenance funds are less than the required amount.

So is everything fine in data given by me ?
I am sorry for not giving this detailed data in first place but believe me my intention was not to confuse you or create any mess.

Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:I am sorry...but I have just checked that bank statement was taken on 25 March.
I am sorry for earlier data. Actually I have taken bank statement on 23rd and 25th . Earlier I was in impressino that I have given bank statement of 23rd but actually it was of 25th.

So current bank statement status is, I have given bank statement dated 25th which shows last transction on 19th where as in the cover letter I have written maintenance funds duration as 10 Dec 08 - 23 March 09 whereas bank statement given by me has transctions of November month as well where my maintenance funds are less than the required amount.

So is everything fine in data given by me ?
I am sorry for not giving this detailed data in first place but believe me my intention was not to confuse you or create any mess.

Thanks.
Well now I have lost track of what the timelines were in your case. November shortfall will not make any difference as the caseworker will count 3 month backwards from the date of the statement (in this case 25th March) if he does not gets overly confused by what you put in the cover letter.
regards,
push

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:28 pm

even if he gets confussed then still I have maintenence funds from 10 Dec 08 to 10 March 09. Now if I have 19 or 23 or 25 all are above the three months period so I feel that since it is more than three months so even if he consider any one of the dates, I am qualifing.
Correct me if I am wrong .
What say ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:even if he gets confussed then still I have maintenence funds from 10 Dec 08 to 10 March 09. Now if I have 19 or 23 or 25 all are above the three months period so I feel that since it is more than three months so even if he consider any one of the dates, I am qualifing.
Correct me if I am wrong .
What say ?
Thats ok.
regards,
push

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am

Okay - here is the timeline and guideline for Dependent Visa for my other half

Applied on - 6th April 2009
Applied from - VFS, Ahmedabad
Passport Recieved on 15th April 2009
Visa stamped on 9th April 2009

Documents Sent -

VAF 10 Form

Copy of my passport (Each pages)

My bank statement - 23rd December 2008 till 30th March 2009 - Minimum
Balance maintained was 1209 Pounds. Par of this bank statment was used for my own application in Janaury. (Dates - 3rd November till 2nd February)

Other bank statement from Bank of Baroda (Passbook, Original) with an equ GBP of 470 Pounds for the period of 23rd December till 30th March 2009.

Total Mainanance fund shown GBP 1690 for 3 months

My status - International Student with OLD HSMP approval letter, dated October 2008. Applied under transitional in January 2009 and had it approved on 23rd MArch 2009

Job offer latter with starting date of 20th April 2009 (i.e unemployed at present)

hope this helps to everyone

Regards,
R

bonvivz

Congrats!

Post by bonvivz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Okay - here is the timeline and guideline for Dependent Visa for my other half

Documents Sent -

VAF 10 Form

Balance maintained was 1209 Pounds. Par of this bank statment was used for my own application in Janaury. (Dates - 3rd November till 2nd February)

Other bank statement from Bank of Baroda (Passbook, Original) with an equ GBP of 470 Pounds for the period of 23rd December till 30th March 2009.

My status - International Student with OLD HSMP approval letter, dated October 2008. Applied under transitional in January 2009 and had it approved on 23rd MArch 2009

Job offer latter with starting date of 20th April 2009 (i.e unemployed at present)

Regards,
R
Congrats R... Nothing can be best as one's better half joins to complete him.

Thanks for sharing the info

amit0277

Post by amit0277 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 pm

raxs1983 wrote:Okay - here is the timeline and guideline for Dependent Visa for my other half

Documents Sent -

VAF 10 Form

Regards,
R
Congratulations Raxs

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks lads. It had been very painful ride, I must admit. Let me know if anyone needs any help with documentation
x

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application for the Dependents

Post by datastage152902 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Well this was the exact Post Trail I was looking for.:)

I want to get how much of maintainence funds I need to show for my dependents entering in UK.?

I had my Tier 1 done stamped on Nov 17, 2008 from US. I did not travel to UK at all once the TIER 1 was done. I am currently in India since Nov 08. I will be moving to UK in the mid of May 09 to join my current employer there.

When I submitted my Tier 1 application, I had produced the total Maintainence Amount as 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 Pounds for my spouse and one year old kid as I had anticipated that they will be joining me sooner or later once I find any job there.

I wish to apply the Dependent Visa for my wife and Kid now.

My question is How much funds do I need to show as a proof.
I currently have my Bank account in India under my name , but that will not be holding more than 1500 Pounds at a given point of Time.

My wife's Bank Account is a stable one and that has more than 6000 Pounds at a given moment in the last three months. Can I show this account as means for showing the Maintainence Funds for my wife and my kid.? Though this is not a salary account , but has a general deposits in it.

Or Do I have to convert my wife's account as a Joint Account ,with my name along with it and then submit it.

Quick help from experts like raxs1983, guru and Amit will really help a lot !

Many Thanks for the Reply in Advance

Regards,
Dstage

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Application for the Dependents

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:50 pm

datastage152902 wrote:Well this was the exact Post Trail I was looking for.:)

I want to get how much of maintainence funds I need to show for my dependents entering in UK.?

I had my Tier 1 done stamped on Nov 17, 2008 from US. I did not travel to UK at all once the TIER 1 was done. I am currently in India since Nov 08. I will be moving to UK in the mid of May 09 to join my current employer there.

When I submitted my Tier 1 application, I had produced the total Maintainence Amount as 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 Pounds for my spouse and one year old kid as I had anticipated that they will be joining me sooner or later once I find any job there.

I wish to apply the Dependent Visa for my wife and Kid now.

My question is How much funds do I need to show as a proof.
I currently have my Bank account in India under my name , but that will not be holding more than 1500 Pounds at a given point of Time.

My wife's Bank Account is a stable one and that has more than 6000 Pounds at a given moment in the last three months. Can I show this account as means for showing the Maintainence Funds for my wife and my kid.? Though this is not a salary account , but has a general deposits in it.

Or Do I have to convert my wife's account as a Joint Account ,with my name along with it and then submit it.

Quick help from experts like raxs1983, guru and Amit will really help a lot !

Many Thanks for the Reply in Advance

Regards,
Dstage
Welcome to the Forum -

Your query looks to be straight fwd - Here is the advise -

You can use any ACCOUNT to show the maintanance fund which are immeditely accessible to applicant. Let that be Fixed Deposit, Money in the bank account etc etc. It need not to be in the account where salary gets deposited.

You need to show 1600++ GBP per dependent to be on the safer side.

Conclusion - As long as you have 1600GBP per dependent in your account - HELD FOR 3 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION. IT "MUST" NOT DIPPED BELOW THE REQUIRED AMOUNT (i.e if you applying for ur spouse+1 kid = 3200GBP should be maintaned in ur ANY bank account for 3 months, immediately prior to your application {max of 30 days old} )

QUESTION - If you showed 6000GBP in your TIER 1 application, why did you not send your dependent's passport ?? it would have been lot easier. Now you are requird to pay 50650 INR for ur spouse' application and may be the same for your kid as well. It will be bit expensive unfortunately

Good luck
x
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.