ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions before applying

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rohit11
Newly Registered

Few questions before applying

Post by rohit11 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Hello,

Firstly, I am really impressed by this Board. It's really serving a very good purpose. Congrats to all those who have contributed.

I am planning for applying HSMP. I have few questions. Please help me.
- What is most preferable, applying through an agent or trying it directly?
- What would be good way of filling form (this might be very silly, but still), hand written or fill it on a PC and then take print out
- Is there any problem in using Master credit card for making payment ?
- Will that be a good idea to write justification (a sepeate document of 2-3 pages) mentioning about yourself ?

Thanks

homeistheuk
Newly Registered

Post by homeistheuk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:39 am

In my opinion, using an agent is not necessary. Applying for an HSMP is straight forward if you follow each and every one of their rules. I think that if you fill out the application properly and submit all the evidence required, you should not have a problem. However, in certain cases, going through an agent might be helpful. For instance, if you are applying from a country that has high refusal rates due to inadequate and forged documents. I know there are a handful of countries that the officers at HO scrutinize much more than others. It would be helpful to get advise on your documents and the way you present them.

Filling out the form by hand is definitely okay, this is what I did and had no problems. If there is a way to fill it out on the computer, that is also good for people who have illegible handwriting. There are some very neat organized people who like to do dividers, tabs, plastic covers, etc., but if you arrange it in a concise way, it should be fine.

Regarding the payment, using mastercard can be tricky. I say this because when I initially applied, I wrote down my mastercard credit card number and they returned it to me saying the bank rejected the payment. When I called the credit card company, they confirmed that there was no such charge or even an attempt at a charge. So I decided to resubmit the payment portion using a visa card, and it went through fine. So, that is just my experience but I can't speak for all.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:42 am

I have heard quite a number of applicants have problems with the master card so u might think of another alternative.
also if you follow the rules and read up previous posts on this forum, you do not need an agent.
I would advise you to state your country so that other applicants from your country can assist you on presentation of your documents.

cheers
My bow has been renewed