ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chaning from work permit to tier one

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

chaning from work permit to tier one

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:19 am

Hi, anyone changed from work permit to tier one general recently???

I sent my application away in the middle of march..... now getting a bit worried that it might get declined due to the visa rules getting tighter.

Anyone had their visa declined? if so why?

does your occuption make much difference in terms of granting the visa?

any idea how long current processing times are??

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:31 am

Don't worry buddy, if you have got all your documents in order for Tier 1 then there is no reason for HO to reject your application. As long as you adhere with the rules laid out for the work permit and abide by all the immigration laws then there is no need to panic.

Do you forsee any complications in your case?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:39 am

If you have played by the books, you should be fine. Following guidance is the key in applying for Tier 1 or any other visa in UK. Its is either BLACK or WHITE. Their is no GREY.
If you have applied with all required documents you should be fine.

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:46 am

chetanojha wrote:If you have played by the books, you should be fine. Following guidance is the key in applying for Tier 1 or any other visa in UK. Its is either BLACK or WHITE. Their is no GREY.
If you have applied with all required documents you should be fine.
I have, but I think filled out some sections I didn't need too. I didn't find the guide lines very clear on what \i had to fill out. so i just filled it all out and stuck a post it on the secton saying, not totally sure if i have to fill this section out.

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:50 am

destiniation_london wrote:Don't worry buddy, if you have got all your documents in order for Tier 1 then there is no reason for HO to reject your application. As long as you adhere with the rules laid out for the work permit and abide by all the immigration laws then there is no need to panic.

I have oonly been on the work permit for a month, but i wanted to change since they introduced the masters requirement since i only a bacholer degree.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 am

lidlekiwi wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Don't worry buddy, if you have got all your documents in order for Tier 1 then there is no reason for HO to reject your application. As long as you adhere with the rules laid out for the work permit and abide by all the immigration laws then there is no need to panic.

I have oonly been on the work permit for a month, but i wanted to change since they introduced the masters requirement since i only a bacholer degree.
This fact on its own does not jeopardise your application at all.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

don't want to appear rude

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:55 am

but how do you know this?
Do you work for home office?
visa agency?
or just lots of experience?
:)

notson
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by notson » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:21 pm

I am a BE and working in UK for last 10 months on WP. Can I apply for HSMP. Also will this rule change to have a Masters rather than Bachelors affect my chances of getting a HSMP. Will I be getting some extra points as my wife is also working in UK. Please help soon

destiniation_london

Re: Hi

Post by destiniation_london » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm

notson wrote:I am a BE and working in UK for last 10 months on WP. Can I apply for HSMP. Also will this rule change to have a Masters rather than Bachelors affect my chances of getting a HSMP. Will I be getting some extra points as my wife is also working in UK. Please help soon
I am afraid buddy, as per this new rules, you are no longer eligible for Tier 1 application.

And Tier 1 application is totally based on your education and earnings and is in no way connected to your spouse earnings - unlike old HSMP rules.

lidlekiwi
Newly Registered

Post by lidlekiwi » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:44 pm

notson wrote:I am a BE and working in UK for last 10 months on WP. Can I apply for HSMP. Also will this rule change to have a Masters rather than Bachelors affect my chances of getting a HSMP. Will I be getting some extra points as my wife is also working in UK. Please help soon
Are you already on an HSMP???
An Highly Skilled Mirgrant Permit is different from tier one.
HSMP is the old system...... this system stopped last year. so you can only renew this now.

you will have to say on your work permit if you are on a work permit.... its a different type of visa or upgrade to a masters.

notson
Newly Registered

Post by notson » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Sorry ..I am on Work permit..looking to switch to Tier 1.
lidlekiwi wrote:
Are you already on an HSMP???
An Highly Skilled Mirgrant Permit is different from tier one.
HSMP is the old system...... this system stopped last year. so you can only renew this now.

you will have to say on your work permit if you are on a work permit.... its a different type of visa or upgrade to a masters.

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: don't want to appear rude

Post by maheshnair » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 pm

lidlekiwi wrote:but how do you know this?
visa agency?

why the bloody hell you post your question here ...post it to HO or Visa agency you bloody joker ... based on what i can see they will throw ur application into dust bin

smallick
Newly Registered

Post by smallick » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:10 pm

notson wrote:Sorry ..I am on Work permit..looking to switch to Tier 1.
Please check your eligibility at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator and you will know where you stand. Also you can download the guidance in the same website, read it and you will have more understanding about Tier 1.

Good luck

push
United Kingdom

Re: don't want to appear rude

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 pm

lidlekiwi wrote:but how do you know this?
visa agency?
Wouldn't comment on that :twisted:
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer