ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension but passport needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pokie
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension but passport needed

Post by Pokie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi All,

My current HSMP is due to expire at the end of June. I would like to submit my application for extension under Tier 1 (General) but have just noticed that you have to send your passport but I need my passport to travel with in May.

I had mistakenly assumed that the application and visa added to passport (EC) to be separate steps as it was when I initially applied for the HSMP.

Can anyone suggest what to do?
- Is it better to send application and request that the application is treated as urgent so I can get my passport back? If they can't process it quickly, can I get my passport back without having to pay to reapply again?
- Should I wait until I return from my trip and submit it 2 weeks before the HSMP expires? Can I continue to work if my application is being considered?

Thanks in advance!

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 extension but passport needed

Post by maheshnair » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Pokie wrote:Hi All,

My current HSMP is due to expire at the end of June. I would like to submit my application for extension under Tier 1 (General) but have just noticed that you have to send your passport but I need my passport to travel with in May.

I had mistakenly assumed that the application and visa added to passport (EC) to be separate steps as it was when I initially applied for the HSMP.

Can anyone suggest what to do?
- Is it better to send application and request that the application is treated as urgent so I can get my passport back? If they can't process it quickly, can I get my passport back without having to pay to reapply again?
- Should I wait until I return from my trip and submit it 2 weeks before the HSMP expires? Can I continue to work if my application is being considered?

Thanks in advance!
Take same day service ? But quickly make appointments ...It is in high demand ....

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:40 am

Submitting it closer to the expiry date is ok, so long as you have a straightforward case.

But I'd be a bit careful about timing though if your case is complicated, to allow enough time to make any appeals / alterations prior to your visa running out. If it is complicated, it may be better to either apply with ample time left prior to expiry, or use a good agency/lawyer to handle your paperwork.

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am

it is not difficult, you can pay bit extra to get the same day service you own, or you can ask an agent to do so. Years ago, when there was not any same days service for hsmp, i just did my extension around 2 months early, but now you need to collect the points again, this is the only issue, just call UKBA and ask for advices.

Pokie
Newly Registered

Post by Pokie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 am

Thanks everyone!

The same day service sounds like a good option. Is there a link where I can get some extra information?

What is the best phone number to call to make an appointment and ask advice?

desertman

Post by desertman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi
I also need the details of same day service, can someone please tell me the link or contact numbers for more information.

and what are the other benefits of applying through this service other than the same days service ?

thanks,

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Take a look on
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 11&start=0

post by niruv

Regards,
Tipu
desertman wrote:Hi
I also need the details of same day service, can someone please tell me the link or contact numbers for more information.

and what are the other benefits of applying through this service other than the same days service ?

thanks,