ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flyinghigh
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain

Post by flyinghigh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:36 am

I obtained a spousal visa in 2004 for two years. Whle my application for indefinite leave to remain was with the home office in 2006 (2 yrs after), my marriage broke down due to domestic violence so I withdrew my application and applied for hsmp in dec 2007.
My hsmp visa will expire in dec 2009. The question is, can I add the years on the spousal visa to apply for an indefinite stay visa the HSMP route?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Flyinghigh,

I will suggest you call the HO and confirm directly or get an immigration lawyer to help you in this case.

Or is there any one with similar experience who has gotten ILR?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear what you went through as well as the annoyance of immigration :(

I would hope that if you do contact the Home Office and possibly get representation that given you have done everything by the book and for compassionate reasons that you should be approved.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:10 pm

No

It would count towards 10 years long residency however. This may or may not exist as a route when you become eligible for it.

The 5 years start from when you got HSMP in your own right.