ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Renewal before due date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpjoshiuk
Newly Registered

HSMP Renewal before due date

Post by kpjoshiuk » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi

My HSMP VISA is due for renewal on 21/02/10
My current job contract is finishing April 09 end. I am not sure when I will get new job and whether I can meet income requirement from my new job for Visa renewal.

As on date my income for last 12 months meets Visa renewal requirement.

Can I apply for renewal of my HSMP Visa now (that is 8 month before due date) and is it mandatory to be working at the time Visa renewal (employement verification).

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP Renewal before due date

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 am

kpjoshiuk wrote:Can I apply for renewal of my HSMP Visa now (that is 8 month before due date)
Yes. However you might need to make an additional extension later on when you look to satisfy the ILR qualifying period.
kpjoshiuk wrote:and is it mandatory to be working at the time Visa renewal (employement verification).
No
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:12 am

push_hsmp wrote:
kpjoshiuk wrote:Can I apply for renewal of my HSMP Visa now (that is 8 month before due date)

"Yes. However you might need to make an additional extension later on when you look to satisfy the ILR qualifying period."

Hi Push ,

Looks like that is not correct .

My hsmp was due to expire on sep 23 rd 2009 .

I applied for extention on feb 24th (hsmp ->tier1)

mY VISA is approved till 23 sep 2012 ...

So if it is extension app , they provide it from date of expiry and not date of application .

kpjoshiuk
Newly Registered

Post by kpjoshiuk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks guys .. one more question can I apply for extention even if I am not working at the time of application process. I mean is there any employement verification condition also aplies for extention.

Thanks in advance

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 am

kpjoshiuk wrote:Thanks guys .. one more question can I apply for extention even if I am not working at the time of application process. I mean is there any employement verification condition also aplies for extention.

Thanks in advance

Yes . The HO verified with my employer .
Normally the wont .But if something looks strange ..then they will

In my case , i am the highest paid employee in that company ...since i work in a umbrella mode ...and pay proper taxes ....So HO might have thought i am bluffing or thought my company is MAD ...

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 am

maheshnair wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

"Yes. However you might need to make an additional extension later on when you look to satisfy the ILR qualifying period."

Hi Push ,

Looks like that is not correct .

My hsmp was due to expire on sep 23 rd 2009 .

I applied for extention on feb 24th (hsmp ->tier1)

mY VISA is approved till 23 sep 2012 ...

So if it is extension app , they provide it from date of expiry and not date of application .
Thats why I said might and not will. There have been a number of cases where applicants could not get their extensions post dated. Additionally, wherever ppl got post dated extensions they seemed to have provided some valid reason for seeking extension well in advance of expiry of their current leave. Some people (you included) have managed to get post dated extensions without any hassles apparantely. I must admit that there is no clear guidance on ths issue and this precisely is the reason for a cautionary response from me.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

AshwathCR

Post by AshwathCR » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Mahesh,

My current HSMP Visa expires on 02/Nov/09.
I also need to switch from HSMP to Tier1.

I was thinking of applying for extension after recieving my P60 ... which I will get in Jun/09 ( as told by my Payroll Dept)

I am currently on contract from Sep/08 until Aug/09 and I do have enough points from my earnings / qualification and funds.

In my spayslip, following are clearly mentioned :

1. TAX Amount
2. TAX Code
3. PAYE REF

My question to you is : Is P60 mandatory ?
Did you require any? ... I am asking you ... as you applied well in advance and I am in the same situation as you were.

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Ashwath

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 pm

AshwathCR wrote:Hi Mahesh,

My current HSMP Visa expires on 02/Nov/09.
I also need to switch from HSMP to Tier1.

I was thinking of applying for extension after recieving my P60 ... which I will get in Jun/09 ( as told by my Payroll Dept)

I am currently on contract from Sep/08 until Aug/09 and I do have enough points from my earnings / qualification and funds.

In my spayslip, following are clearly mentioned :

1. TAX Amount
2. TAX Code
3. PAYE REF

My question to you is : Is P60 mandatory ?
Did you require any? ... I am asking you ... as you applied well in advance and I am in the same situation as you were.

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Ashwath

No p60 is not mandatory .

You need proofs from 2 sources . So definitely the best options are

Pay slips and Bank statements ....

why are u waiting till June ....Just apply now itself ..Better take same day service ....

marrik

Post by marrik » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:06 pm

hey guys, interesting to see that Mahesh got postdated extension without specifying a reason.

i posted earlier in the forum wondering abt the same.we are expecting baby arnd mid may and after birth, my wife and baby will be travelling to india. My visa is expiring Dec1, 2009 and am not sure if i should go for a post dated extension (for 3 of us arnd June) with this reason or get a visa for my baby now and they will be returning back in 3months for extension and once getting their visa extended, will travel again to india.

we tried calling home office but unable to get any confirmation regarding this post dated extension.

am really keen not to make my baby travel twice. any thoughts highly appreciated.

many thanks.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 pm

marrik wrote:hey guys, interesting to see that Mahesh got postdated extension without specifying a reason.

i posted earlier in the forum wondering abt the same.we are expecting baby arnd mid may and after birth, my wife and baby will be travelling to india. My visa is expiring Dec1, 2009 and am not sure if i should go for a post dated extension (for 3 of us arnd June) with this reason or get a visa for my baby now and they will be returning back in 3months for extension and once getting their visa extended, will travel again to india.

we tried calling home office but unable to get any confirmation regarding this post dated extension.

am really keen not to make my baby travel twice. any thoughts highly appreciated.

many thanks.

Hi MARRIK ,

Not just me ..All the employees in my company are hsmp guys and 5 guys applied pre dated and all got the same as i did ...

Today another chap got approved @ same day service ...His visa is dec 2009 ....got approved til dec 2012 ..

Nobody wrote anything in covering letter .

marrik

Post by marrik » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 pm

thanks a lot mahesh for that info. now am definitely considering to apply in advance (in person) for all 3 of us though its worth mentioning that i came across couple of threads in the forum where for some it was extended from the day it got approved and not postdated. hoping for the best.

happy vishu.

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Extension - Same Day Service

Post by rkrohela » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:16 am

Hello Mahesh,

I finally located your thread, so its clear that HO is now approving applications from the date of expiry of current leave rather than from application date. This is interesting and makes me think I will too apply rightaway, my expiry is in Nov 2009.

Would you recommend I specify a reason, secondly, please tell me what you mean by same day application, does it mean PEO application in-person?
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.